Help - Top Selling UK singles combined

mooneusmooneus Posts: 543
Forum Member
✭✭
I was looking at the the best selling singles of the decade and the top 10 is all a pile of rubbish. So I thought a more accurate representation would be to calculate the singles sales of the artists who released singles between 2000-2009.

So far I have:

1. Eminem 4,080,764
2. Will Young 3,749,844
3. Britney 3,883,180
4. Girls Aloud 3,694,280
5. Sugababes 3,092,968
6. Kylie 3,119,667
7. Robbie 2,611,987
8. Take That 2,077,571

Can anyone help with more info?

Comments

• welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mooneus wrote: »
    I was looking at the the best selling singles of the decade and the top 10 is all a pile of rubbish. So I thought a more accurate representation would be to calculate the singles sales of the artists who released singles between 2000-2009.

So far I have:

1. Eminem 4,080,764
    2. Will Young 3,749,844
    3. Britney 3,883,180
    4. Girls Aloud 3,694,280
    5. Sugababes 3,092,968
    6. Kylie 3,119,667
    7. Robbie 2,611,987
    8. Take That 2,077,571

Can anyone help with more info?

still pretty awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugababes, Girls Aloud (don't their singles usually drop out of the charts quickly?) and Will Young (more of an album artist is he not? Sure he got Leave Right Now and Evergreen as huge singles but come on) in the top five? :eek: Some evidence of these sales would be nice.

I just find it odd how those three could be in the top five above the likes of Christina, Beyonce, Avril, Shakira (Hips Don't Lie was massive), Rihanna (ALOT of succesful singles), Black Eyed Peas (even before the END they had alot of success), Westlife, Madonna, Pink etc

Plus wikipedia has Robbie with sales of 4,973,227 at #37 yet Eminem is nowhere to be seen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_best_selling_singles_artists_of_all_time
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think that list's even worse :eek:
  • mooneusmooneus Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm only counting singles that have been released since 1st January 2000. These 8 are the only ones I could find info on, that's why I'm asking for more help.

What I'm looking for is each artist's combined sales tally of every single they released from 1st January 2000 until 31st December 2009.

This way it won't be full of one-hit wonders, charity/novelty records and reality TV winners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    How Girls Aloud got there is beyond me :confused:
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay for Girls Aloud and Sugababes. :D
  • Dorkus_Dorkus_ Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Sugababes, Girls Aloud (don't their singles usually drop out of the charts quickly?) and Will Young (more of an album artist is he not? Sure he got Leave Right Now and Evergreen as huge singles but come on) in the top five? :eek: Some evidence of these sales would be nice.

I just find it odd how those three could be in the top five above the likes of Christina, Beyonce, Avril, Shakira (Hips Don't Lie was massive), Rihanna (ALOT of succesful singles), Black Eyed Peas (even before the END they had alot of success), Westlife, Madonna, Pink etc

Plus wikipedia has Robbie with sales of 4,973,227 at #37 yet Eminem is nowhere to be seen?

That's of all time. I think we're just looking at this decade.
  • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

Evergreen/Anything Is Possible is the best selling single of the decade by a mile over 600,000 ahead of the next best and 1.7 million in total.

Best Selling Singles by year

Probably a big feature in his position in the chart.