Students rioting again FFS

Comments

• dawndavenportdawndavenport Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BZR wrote: »
    If the fees going up stops people doing mickey mouse courses I agree with it, why waste 3 years of your life and get in debt over a degree that means sod all.

Sod all to you, perhaps. What one person think is useless is a career to someone else.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour devalued degrees so much that they are now virtually worthless.
    Far too many were encouraged to go to Uni & do mickey mouse degrees to keep them off the unemployment figures.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    BZR wrote: »
    If the fees going up stops people doing mickey mouse courses I agree with it, why waste 3 years of your life and get in debt over a degree that means sod all.

It will also discourage people from entering vital professions such as teaching and medicine. A better step would be to cut such degrees entirely to enable the available funds to be better distributed, rather than just sticking the price up across the board.

Affordable - and useful - degrees benefit society as a whole.
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Love that grey Police Horse. He's about three feet from the protesters and decided it's time to have a good scratch. Good lad! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Good. I hope they do more.
    Triple money, **** off.

We wont be educated then, if that what they want.

Students can do no right. We do well in exams and the press say "Exams are getting easier", one teenager does something bad they say "All teens are yobs".

I have had enough with the discrimination.

I hope everyones bills triple, see how the "older generation" react. Ageist and Discriminating UK. It all makes sense.

I do NOT support violence BTW

I agree.. There are many people protesting peacefully, but just because there has been a small minority of students 'rioting' with police, we're all getting a bad press. I don't understand what 'older' people seem to have against students, we've done nothing wrong.:mad:
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    How much money is being wasted on these thugs throwing fence panels at the police in Parliament Square. Another "peaceful protest" then :rolleyes:

I really wouldn't lose any sleep if the police start using deadly force against these muppets, they don't appear to be of much value to society.

Sadly these days peaceful gets you no where.

Chaos gets you noticed and shows how angry you are.

Think Stonewall!
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    Whatever...

You don't know how much of a pathetic hypocritical country this is :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oo its kicking off... here we go, the usual tiny minority being idiots but can imagine the papers tomorrow "Thousands of Yobs Break Through"

Those behind the protests know this is going to happen and yet keep organising more protests.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidMoe wrote: »
    It will also discourage people from entering vital professions such as teaching and medicine. A better step would be to cut such degrees entirely, rather than just sticking the price up across the board

Affordable - and useful - degrees benefit society as a whole.

And anyone who doesnt want to become a doctor or lawyer should do what exactly? Give up on any dreams theyve harboured since a child?
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    the goverment are falling apart, oh how i love the uk

PAINT BOMBS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;46392873']I agree. There are many people protesting peacefully, but just because there has been a small minority of students 'rioting' with police, we're all getting a bad press. I don't understand what 'older' people seem to have against students, we've done nothing wrong.

Yep, watching BBC News, loads and loads of students with some humorous banners and that are chanting peacefully, but of course, everyone will focus on the negatives, even though its like 99% of good and 1% of bad literally speaking.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour devalued degrees so much that they are now virtually worthless.

Then why are the government proposing to triple the cost of them?
  • GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't know how much of a pathetic hypocritical country this is :)
    Convince me, then, rather than going for lame innuendo.
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    The use of horses is appalling. The police should be ashamed.

But they shouldn't be attacking the horses, right? Takes absolute scum to throw bricks at horses.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    The use of horses is appalling. The police should be ashamed.

They only use the horses because they need to
    Sod all to you, perhaps. What one person think is useless is a career to someone else.
    There are lots of degrees that would make a CV look very silly.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what happened to the good old fashioned sit down protest
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Go on Students! The only people in the country who will actually do something!
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    petrol bombs, and these pricks are greeting about tuition fees but are happy to pay for petrol. ironic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    Convince me, then, rather than going for lame innuendo.

There is no way to convince someone that was not there, quite a lot of people at the protests know this sort of thing happens. But you know, anyway to make us look like fools.

Go to a protest and find out for yourself (if you are into that sort of thing + if your a student, which i doubt)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are they faffing about in the house of commons. Nobody is going to change their mind. Just get on with it and have the vote !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    There are lots of degrees that would make a CV look very silly.

And very few people actually take said degrees. People tend to focus on the less popular courses simply because it makes their arguement a bit stronger, however the fact is that most students are sitting worthwhile subjects which can result in job prospects. The problem is that there are no job prospects at the moment, and so people tend to try and emphisise the law/health/teaching side of things...ignoring that the prospects there are still quite bad.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Then why are the government proposing to triple the cost of them?

Tories are greedy and encourage individualism and more greed.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

load of bollocks, there are legions of other modes of transport/ways to make your presence felt wthout involving an innocent animal.
  • The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    They will be allowed to pay it back quicker if they want to

I'm with you on this. This country does need lots of people with degrees in Celebrity studies.

They won't be. Martin Wotzit from the Money programmes was saying that some parents would be getting regular loans rather than student ones because there is no facility to pay it off early. Once you get it, it's locks into your earnings at the rates set by the government.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And very few people actually take said degrees. People tend to focus on the less popular courses simply because it makes their arguement a bit stronger, however the fact is that most students are sitting worthwhile subjects which can result in job prospects. The problem is that there are no job prospects at the moment, and so people tend to try and emphisise the law/health/teaching side of things...ignoring that the prospects there are still quite bad.

The simple fact is that we have far too many people of average intelligence taking degrees. We should turn the clock back and go back to a sensible number of university students, The degrees would then mean something again

AND....We could afford to have free tuition again.