The mother of Marcus

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She is a strange, distant, not often discussed in the house, mysterious figure.
Marcus says he has a "room" for her?, I was watching Psycho again last night and it wouldn't surprise me if his "mother" was in fact nothing but skeletal remains or a mummified corpse in the basement.
I could just imagine him walking around the house talking to himself in his mothers voice:-

"That Noirin wasn't good enough for you son, none of those harlots are!"

"Yes mother"

:eek:;)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Didn't he spend his childhood in an orphanage? I can't imagine he and his mother are too close, if that is the case.
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cyberninja wrote: »
    She is a strange, distant, not often discussed in the house, mysterious figure.
    Marcus says he has a "room" for her?, I was watching Psycho again last night and it wouldn't surprise me if his "mother" was in fact nothing but skeletal remains or a mummified corpse in the basement.
    I could just imagine him walking around the house talking to himself in his mothers voice:-

"That Noirin wasn't good enough for you son, no of those harlots are!"

"Yes mother"

:eek:;)

not nice at all, Marcus was brought up in care, and I think it's nice of him to have a room in his house for his mother....:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a Marcus fan I should tear you a new one but instead I find myself :D:D
  • Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Marcus/Marcus' mother could have a nice little gossip about knitting with Charlie/Nana. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meant to be funny or Marcus smear campaign?

Marcus is not a psycho, just an ordinary bloke. He's mentioned being in care/fostering so maybe he and/or his Mum have had a few problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MiniMeToo wrote: »
    not nice at all, Marcus was brought up in care, and I think it's nice of him to have a room in his house for his mother....:mad:

I keep forgetting there are actual people out there who are willing to defend housemates on a gameshow they have never met and never will as resolutely as they would defend their own family and friends.

Twas a joke nothing more.

Jeez.

:rolleyes:
  • IdlecatIdlecat Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said tha other day that he couldn't swear on anyones life cos there isn't anyone, there was just him so he would have to swear on his own life. Perhaps his "mum" is a foster mum like Brian Belo's was.
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    That was funny....and I love him...:D

I don't know his background, other than what I've read on here....

I did hear him say that he was considered a nuisance, he told of the time he was in hospital and the doctor informed his mum that Marcus has some of his organs reversed (it happens)...her only comment was 'well that's typical of him'...

He seemed quite sad about that.:(
  • ben1993ben1993 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well that made me laugh anyway :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That made me laugh too:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »
    That was funny....and I love him...:D

I don't know his background, other than what I've read on here....

I did hear him say that he was considered a nuisance, he told of the time he was in hospital and
    the doctor informed his mum that Marcus has some of his organs reversed (it happens)...her only comment was 'well that's typical of him'...
    He seemed quite sad about that.:(

Crikey, thats harsh, sounds like something Bea would say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, he looks after his mother.

Kick him out of the house quick - how very dare he :rolleyes:
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep forgetting there are actual people out there who are willing to defend housemates on a gameshow they have never met and never will as resolutely as they would defend their own family and friends.

Jeez.

Is that you, Charlie??
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jeez.

Have you also forgotten that the HM are actual people or do you think they dont exist ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously some people need to take a chill pill.

I was mildly poking fun at one of the housemates in a fantastical, sarcastic, completely unserious way.

The way some people are talking I may as well have gone to his house and strangled his pet cat, Abdul.

Get. a. Grip.
  • mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some things shouldn't be used to get a laugh - parents in a coma/ parents who didn't care for their children/ deformities of any kind.

There has to be a line somewhere imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where in my original post does it mention parents not caring about their kids or being in care?

Oh yeah, nowhere.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meant to be funny or Marcus smear campaign?

Marcus is not a psycho, just an ordinary bloke. He's mentioned being in care/fostering so maybe he and/or his Mum have had a few problems.

:D:D:D

Meant to be funny?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously some people need to take a chill pill.

I was mildly poking fun at one of the housemates in a fantastical, sarcastic, completely unserious way.

The way some people are talking I may as well have gone to his house and strangled his pet cat, Abdul.

Get. a. Grip.

Now you're pushing it matey by threatening to strangle Abdul. You little s**t :D:D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where in my original post does it mention parents not caring about their kids or being in care?

Oh yeah, nowhere.

Surely you've realised by now that some FMs will completely ignore what people post and instead just make up what they *think* has been written.

It happens with HLs/LF too. Events will take place on screen and some people will ignore that, instead writing about scenarios or conversations that they would have preferred had happened rather than what actually happened.

FWIW, the image of Marcus' dead mother's mummified corpse having conversations with him (in his head) is slightly amusing, if slightly concerning :eek: