Funniest name for a human you've ever heard

Comments

• Dai ClustDai Clust Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Gugliel-Mucci, I thought to be an amusing surname, when I read it as the name of someone else at my old school.

Friend who used to work for the Inland Revenue told me that he once had a colleague called R Sole. One day a caller rang and asked in response to a letter if he could speak to R Sole. Wiseguy in the office rpeplied "which one mate, we've got thousands".
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i remember a teacher called mrs lillycrap!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    An old college lecturer was called Mike Hunt. One day he was late attending a lecture, there was general pandemonium at the lack of discipline (we were only 18) and all hell broke loose when a young, pretty French exchange student teacher popped her head round the door to speak to him, realised afore-mentioned lecturer wasn't there and asked the class in her best English:

'Has anyone seen Mike Hunt?' You can imagine the reaction....
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A non-Japanese acquaintance was proud to inform us all that she had named her non-Japanese daughter Katori after her favourite Japanese actor, Shingo Katori.

I didn't know where to put myself because 'katori' is loosely translated as "strong smell", "strong scent" or "strong aroma". You know those Oxo adverts with that wave of smell from a gravy train? That wave is 'katori'.

Naturally, the name (as surname or first name, although rare) generates a lot of jokes. Generations of children were teased mercilessly at school for 'katori' as their surname. For example, when dressed in brown clothes, other kids would cry: "Pooh! *flaps hands* There's a smell of shit around here!" Or when in love, "Lala! *flap hands* There's a heavy smell of wet dreams in the air! Need a clean pair of pants, Katori?"

She didn't believe me, though, because she felt if it was all right for Shingo Katori, it was all right for her daughter. :confused: Weird.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a friend growing up who was called Gay Pratt.
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    esfa wrote: »
    I've always enjoyed Fenella Fudge, myself :D

Me too, as for a while I kept mishearing it as Vanilla Fudge.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    In my teens I used to visit my orthodontist regularly as I had braces - his name was Mr Tartar, how apt!
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to school with a Sunflower Snodgrass
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    There was a story in the paper a while ago about a couple who'd named their baby son Drew when their surname was Peacock and hasn't realised the connotations. :D
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Have known of a woman with the first name Dumps :eek:

When I was at school there was a boy whose surname was Blake, but the rumour was that his dad's actual surname was Bonkers and he'd changed it because he was a policeman and thought PC Bonkers might not get taken seriously :D sadly it probably was just a rumour
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miaow wrote: »
    Have known of a woman with the first name Dumps :eek:

When I was at school there was a boy whose surname was Blake, but the rumour was that his dad's actual surname was Bonkers and he'd changed it because he was a policeman and thought PC Bonkers might not get taken seriously :D sadly it probably was just a rumour

That really has me laughing loudly. It would be fantastic if the rumour was true. :D
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Spock.

But then he's only half human.

So his name isn't a biggie.

:D
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas wank he is a well know ski jumper.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I noticed an accountancy firm the other day called 'Crook and Son'. That made me laugh.

I can do better.....Shoe shop in the Kings Road Chelsea....R Soles....

As for people's names Sean mycock....:eek:
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My auntie had a sister in law called Rose Bush which I always liked.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I know a Phil A Gash
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas wank he is a well know ski jumper.

It's actually Andreas Wank.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Casey
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,134
    Forum Member
    Mike Litoris

Charley Willard Horse Dick :D:D:D
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to go to school with a guy called Peter Bennett. His mother re-married and she asked the school to list him with his new step-father's surname of, Ennis.

So he would be known as P.....eter Ennis

Didnt he win Big Brother one year?
    and also a Peter Bennett was on classic mastermind yesterday!

The celebrity names are ridulous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a guy used to work for BT called Barry Wankling :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Charley Willard Horse Dick :D:D:D

I had to look this one up :eek:

Then I looked at his FB page :o
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Boobis :D He was on Bang goes the theory last week, made me giggle, I now call my cleavage Alan!:o:D
  • TootlesTheTaxiTootlesTheTaxi Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    In other branches of the company I work for there is someone with the surname "Hiscock" and someone else with the surname "Cockburn".

I have a customer called Mr Hiscock with the unfortunate first name of Rex.

Not rude, a couple of other customers' names that make me laugh are Morag Mole and John Dear, the latter being funny because on the database it's listed as Dear John.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Cheruman wrote: »
    Juan Duran (Google the name if you think I'm making it up)

Diego 'Chavo' F**ks. (Google the name if you think I'm making it up)

He's an Argentinian football analyst, 'Chavo' is his nickname, a bit like 'Kid' (as in 'Kid' Jensen), I think he got it similarly for being the youngest analyst on tv. Diego F**ks is funny, but when you see him being introduced as Chavo F**ks, it's just the best... :D