- ~ Rachel Riley & Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Thread ~ -

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    emmalou78 wrote: »
    Thanks Karma, Lennie, Kelley, Korky and Callie for the pictures and links, I love the still from ITT of Pasha and Mark, can't wait to watch it later.:)

Here is a link to an interview from today's Closer magazine with Rachel, I cannot believe she thinks she has a big bum, she has a gorgeous figure!:eek:

http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/emmalou78_photo/media/Rachel/RachelCloserMagazine_zpsf92ea392.jpg.html

Completely off topic but the magazines have lots of Abbey/Janette content. I just thought I would scan this for anyone interested, Alijaz mentions Janette has dated Pasha and Artem, some girls have all the luck it seems!

http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/emmalou78_photo/library/Other%20Strictly%20Articles

Thanks emma for the magazine articles.

Enjoyed reading about Aljaz too. Yes, I had heard Janette dated Pash and Arty previously, Al confirmed it. Suppose if they know each other on the dance circuit, probably a good place to meet a boyfriend, by the sounds of it. Well in Janette's case more than good;)

Thanks KA for the screencaps:) Rachel and Pasha seem to be having a great time together, I like the fact their fun and laughter is spontaneous and natural.

http://jewishnews.co.uk/rachel-riley-is-strictly-smoked-salmon/
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well all i can say is Janette is one lucky girl - Artem, Pasha and now Aljaz lol
  • emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks emma for the magazine articles.

Enjoyed reading about Aljaz too. Yes, I had heard Janette dated Pash and Arty previously, Al confirmed it. Suppose if they know each other on the dance circuit, probably a good place to meet a boyfriend, by the sounds of it. Well in Janette's case more than good;)

Thanks KA for the screencaps:) Rachel and Pasha seem to be having a great time together, I like the fact their fun and laughter is spontaneous and natural.

http://jewishnews.co.uk/rachel-riley-is-strictly-smoked-salmon/

Thanks for the lovely article Karma, I love Pasha's chocolate obsession, I still kick myself that when I went to see him, I didn't take him any :(

Lesson learned though, if we are lucky enough to get another tour, I am going to take him a hamper lol :)

I agree Lennie, Janette is a lucky lady!
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the training Rachel is still just swinging her hips from side to side.
    Pasha will be showing her how to do it right but from my experience its a case of stirring the hips in a figure 8 motion, with the right hip going in a clockwise direction and the left hip anticlockwise.

I think a woman's sexiness goes up a lot if she can get the CCC or Rumba 'walk' and Ian was showing how the ankles have to be used and Karen also showed how the ankles work.
    I remember after her Rumba Pamela did the 'walk' toward Brucie and I was hoping to find that but all the videos cut before that, but Pamela did the walk at times in her Rumba - not bad for a 60 year old.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwp7ZA0QNw
    As for arms - I don't think anyone moves their arms better than Aliona - hypnotic!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIjFqhrcgo
    Rachel needs to move them in more of a caressing way.

Ian said the training looked better than the Salsa. Unfortunately they have a fast song and I was hoping they would get a slower song which would be both easier and more suited to love week.

It could be a breakthrough dance for Rachel's latin - I hope so.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel doesnt seem to even shimmy... its just arms flying lol
  • SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone for all links yesterday.:)
    Welcome Apenny4them.:)
    Take it Fatskia training, although slightly better, wasn't as good as we might have hoped?
    On the one hand, Rachel can only do her best, it's still early days and it will take longer to learn compared to some. On the other, however, she will need to 'lose inhibitions' as she herself said, real soon as too many good couples this year and you need to stand out sooner or later if you want to remain in the competition. I think she has it in her to do better and just go for it, but lack of confidence and natural ability makes it harder I suppose.
    On the bright side, she has the gorgeous Pasha teaching and dancing with her, what more could a girl want.:rolleyes::o:o
    Doesn't she know how many women would gladly swap places with her.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SalsaShon wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all links yesterday.

Welcome Apenny4them.

Take it Fatskia training, although slightly better, wasn't as good as we might have hoped?

On the one hand, Rachel can only do her best, it's still early days and it will take longer to learn compared to some. On the other, however, she will need to 'lose inhibitions' as she herself said, real soon as too many good couples this year and you need to stand out sooner or later if you want to remain in the competition. I think she has it in her to do better and just go for it, but lack of confidence and natural ability makes it harder I suppose.

On the bright side, she has the gorgeous Pasha teaching and dancing with her, what more could a girl want.

Doesn't she know how many women would gladly swap places with her.

It looked like early days to me but they were training on learning the routine.

We saw Pasha trying to teach Rachel to shimmy which he seemed to have to abandon.
    With Rachel working two jobs they may be running into time problems.

Rachel's technique was missing and it may be that if you have to have a routine ready and you don't know how much training time you will get each day, you have to do the routine first and try to add technique if there is time.

It may be that Rachel cannot learn technique, but I would be surprised if that was the case. I think if she stays in long enough and can get enough training time she will start to.

There is a period where your body and mind have to learn to work together and its almost a case of (as Rachel seemed to have already figured out) switching off trying to control everything with your conscious brain and have confidence that your body's own learning system using the subconscious brain will gradually adapt to this new learning task.
    Your conscious brain can't work fast enough to control every part of your body, but the subconscious part can. That's roughly what is meant by muscle-memory.

Shimmying is a bit like a dog shaking itself to dry itself. I cant do it but Mark Benton was doing a shimmy in his 'Salsa'. I think the CCC things like straight leg and turning the toe out like Karen was illustrating are easier than learning to shimmy (I hope).
    Rachel's arms will improve if she gets the point of the movement. She doesn't seem to have a purpose in her head when she moves her arms. If she thinks of it as a caressing movement or a graceful hand placement instead of a karate chop (which Matt Baker's looked a bit like in his CCC). Again, Matt was working 2 jobs and although he had dance experience and was a fast learner, Aliona didn't always have time to teach him technique.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    What song are they dancing to this weekend?
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was interesting to hear her comments in reference to her long day ("a pity sleep has to get in the way") about being there in body but not in spirit.Then,again,that was how she felt she danced her waltz and that worked pretty well.
    As you say
    fatskia wrote: »
    there is a period where your body and mind have to learn to work together and its almost a case of (as Rachel seemed to have already figured out) switching off trying to control everything with your conscious brain and have confidence that your body's own learning system using the subconscious brain will gradually adapt to this new learning task.
    Your conscious brain can't work fast enough to control every part of your body, but the subconscious part can. That's roughly what is meant by muscle-memory.

Rachel's arms will improve if she gets the point of the movement. She doesn't seem to have a purpose in her head when she moves her arms. If she thinks of it as a caressing movement or a graceful hand placement instead of a karate chop......

On your last point,I would think/hope that Pasha will use that approach at some time.I remember him saying to Chelsee training for,IIRC,the AS,that she should move like 'she was trying to find someone'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was interesting to hear her comments in reference to her long day ("a pity sleep has to get in the way") about being there in body but not in spirit.Then,again,that was how she felt she danced her waltz and that worked pretty well.

As you say

On your last point,I would think/hope that Pasha will use that approach at some time.I remember him saying to Chelsee training for,IIRC,the AS,that she should move like 'she was trying to find someone'.

That describes how Chelsee danced it very well. That was my favourite dance of Chelsee's and I think her best too.
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Strictly ‏@bbcstrictly 34m
    Get ready for our #Halloween themed show this year. It's going to be frighteningly good!
    :)
  • KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    What song are they dancing to this weekend?

Rachel and Pasha are going to Cha Cha Cha to ‘When Love Takes Over’ by David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland.
  • KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    the training vids are up now too
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jkxdj
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    have you noticed that in the training vid don't appear Rachel and Pasha's names? bbc confuses them with sophie and brendan ??? :confused: why is it that always happen that kind of mistakes with them??
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And in the battle of the links

in one corner we have KA, in the other K (space) A.........

I can't keep up.
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the links Kartem and Karma! :):)

Are you twins?? :D:eek:;)
    Forum Member
    music girl wrote: »

Lol separated at birth:D:D We were bred on the same forum;)
    Forum Member
    And in the battle of the links

in one corner we have KA, in the other K (space) A.........

[I]I can't keep up[/I].

Common Jim, no lagging behind, try to keep up;);):)
  • peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    music girl wrote: »

Yes thank you both:) (I do get confused with which is which - near identical at first glance:D)

I like the song for their cha cha, but it is super fast :eek: Thought Rachel had her feet moving better though in the training vids.

Fingers crossed it goes well :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a fast song but it doesn't have to be a fast dance depending on the beats selected within the song. James and Alex did a ccc to this song...sloooow lol while there was a ccc on DWTS with this song that was a mix. I'm going to guess Pasha goes for the latter based on the the training clips.

Rachel looking better in the clip. :) Thanks Karma and Kartem for the links.
    Forum Member
    peppy5 wrote: »
    Yes thank you both:) (I do get confused with which is which - near identical at first glance:D)

I like the song for their cha cha, but it is super fast :eek: Thought Rachel had her feet moving better though in the training vids.

Fingers crossed it goes well :)

BIB with subtle nuances;)

Yes peppy, Rachel, looks like she has improved, she has a lovely set of pins, in her shorts. Her technique looks better in parts, sometimes an arm or foot looks a bit messy. Hopefully by Saturday, if she can co-ordinate it all, it will be a good performance..

Screencaps of training.

http://www.rachelriley.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2538