The Housemates - do you care what they do after leaving the house?.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't.

They may as well walk off a plank into the sea after their eviction interview as far as I'm concerned. They've had their fifteen minutes, they were a contestant on a reality gameshow they failed to win, please now go away.

I always avoid BBLB and celebrity/trashy lads mags so they are more or less dead to me after being evicted.

Do you follow their aftershow "careers"?

Comments

• molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I much prefer HMs like Rachel who simply go back to their pre BB lives. No interest at all once the series is over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like hearing snippets of news. I don't like the zeleb world of so-and-so attending a 'function' and getting 'papped'. Put it this way - I was much more pleased to read about Gos getting a local sports radio job than to see the 1000th pap shot of Chanelle with a man. Nothing against Chanelle - she is only one of many.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like reading thier story in the mag about the house experience I aint interested really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I care, I want to know where they are at all times because I wouldn't want them all piling into my house and talking about gameplans all the time, with two sitting outside all the time smoking cigs, whilst nipping into the tool cupboard to talk to the spirit level about how well they think they're doing in the house and wondering who I'm going to physically throw out my house next...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    I dont care what they do once they leave tbh - I am watching them on a gameshow and once thats over the interest fades.

(I dont wish them any harm tho!)

I dont mind finding out occasionally what they are up to now, but I tend to dislike the ones who are shoved down our throats at every given opportunity (eg Nikki, Brian Belo etc)

I have enjoyed seeing some of the ex HMs during this series tho and it was nice to see Anna from BB1 on BBLB the other night, so while I dont really care what happens to them afterwards, it is good when they pop up every now and then, ON BB RELATED SHOWS ONLY!!!!!

Hope that makes sense lol :eek: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to knoe what Sophie gets up to. Even though she has been in there for a long time.. I still feel that there is more to her!

I have no issue with HMs playing the media game... if they want to... and if they succeed... why not!

It's also fun if they fail or get desperate (Chanelle)
  • LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't either, but that has only been for the past say 5 BB's.

I used to like seeing the HM's from the first 5 popping up here and there, they were far more interesting and less fame seeking characters.

Now they're all the same desperate wannabes with a few exceptions.
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not really
    I haven't liked anyone enough to care about their after BB life. once gone best forgotten imo
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all these years only a few and not the complete media chasers. We all know what their career path is falling out of clubs drunk, and chasing the right parties so that story has been done too many times and is now boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a jot once they have left they have served their purpose.
    I see on here its different as posters were bending over backwards last night to talk to Marcus, I find it a bit extreme and almost stalkerish, i can understand the posters who want to know his experience of the show but not the he's fantastic now he's been in big brother lot.
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cyberninja wrote: »
    I don't.

They may as well walk off a plank into the sea after their eviction interview as far as I'm concerned. They've had their fifteen minutes, they were a contestant on a reality gameshow they failed to win, please now go away.

I always avoid BBLB and celebrity/trashy lads mags so they are more or less dead to me after being evicted.

Do you follow their aftershow "careers"?

I agree.

I just don't care. Once the lights have gone out, it's all over for me. One those long winter nights though, I like to come on here just to read the same old tired arguments still raging :D
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Housemates - do you care what they do after leaving the house?

Not one iota. If it's one I liked (eg. Marcus) and they do something genuinely interesting - then fine but I'd never go searching for news on any of them.

Once the show is over, they're over.
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liedown wrote: »
    Not a jot once they have left they have served their purpose.
    I see on here its different as posters were bending over backwards last night to talk to Marcus, I find it a bit extreme and almost stalkerish, i can understand the posters who want to know his experience of the show but not the he's fantastic now he's been in big brother lot.

I belong to a forum for a particular actor who's in the running to make his first movie. The director has set up his own forum about the movie and the brownosing and desperation shown on there by posters who I thought knew better is cringeworthy in the extreme :rolleyes::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends who it is. For example i'd like to hear from this series how people like Freddie, Marcus, Siavash and Angel got on with jobs etc. Just brief news. I couldn't care less about Noirin and Karly and they're attention seeking, lad mag posing and quite frankly sluttish endeavours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really care to be honest, let them live their own lives. It doesn't mean I don't want to keep up to date with Freddie and Marcus though. They made this series worth watching for me so I'm looking forward to see what the future holds.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    I am barely interested in their eviction interview. Once the door has shut behind them they may as well not exist as far as I'm concerned.
  • TalTal Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't care about the vast majority of them - only care that my favourites do what they want to do, that they are supported properly and that they come to no harm.
  • VampiraVampira Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, if something juicy happens I want to know all about it. If Noirin gets a sex change operation or Charlie gets stabbed in the face you know you all will want the details.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.

Actually I have noticed that Marcus is a lot cooler now he is out of the house and not using continual bad language on the TV.
    Also Angel has been quite entertaining in her participation on BBLB shows.

Wouldn't mind seeing Freddie and Ravi on TV again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I care

I live in Leeds and Rod the fool has invited Charlie the idiot to visit him in his home city - which is Leeds ooooooooooooooooooh nooooooooooooooooooooo keep him away!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    I belong to a forum for a particular actor who's in the running to make his first movie. The director has set up his own forum about the movie and the brownosing and desperation shown on there by posters who I thought knew better is cringeworthy in the extreme :rolleyes::(

That's quite sad, i think all in all its better to let the former house mates get back to as normal a life as possible.

Good luck to them all if they can make a few quid along the way as well.
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Generally I'm not bothered. They always seem to look and act differently once they are out of the house.

Sometimes it is the unexpected housemates that do the best. Allison Hammond for example was out in the second week in BB3 (?) but is now a popular presenter on This Morning and has interviewed hundreds of A list stars.