Options

Mario's accent

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if this has been discussed before but what the hell is up with Mario's everchanging accent?

So far at varying times he has sounded a bit:- cockney, Welsh, Australian, American, Italian, South African, posh, Scouse and Scottish.

Comments

• Options
    Sue Ellen EwingSue Ellen Ewing Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyberninja wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been discussed before but what the hell is up with Mario's everchanging accent?

So far at varying times he has sounded a bit:- cockney, Welsh, Australian, American, Italian, South African, posh, Scouse and Scottish.

and Cornish
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    He spent a lot of time in the states, american accent is most prominent, gets more noticeable when he has a queeny fit...never heard a trace of Italian though ( I speak Italian well).Occasionally a slight celtic lilt.
  • Options
    azureanneazureanne Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All sounding very nasel, he looks like he has to breath through his mouth cos it's allways hanging open. Mario give your beak a good blow!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, he does sound a bit "oooo-aaaarrrr" at times as well. I can't be the only one that has spotted the fact his accent changes almost sentence by sentence?

When he said "I've had to do so much more than any of you to get my housemate status" it was a case of "why is he talking like Tony Soprano?".