Options

Madonna - Rebel Heart

Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone :)

I cannot wait for Madonna's long awaited 13th studio album. I already have a great feeling about this era. While I did enjoy MDNA it never really felt like a Madonna album, luckily the tour made up for it.

I think the album artwork is one of her best and truly iconic.

Song wise I love the 6 she gave us at Christmas. Devil Prays is amazing, Ghosttown is simply incredible and as you may have guessed I love the 90s sounding lead single. ;)

Which copies of the album will you be buying? I will buy the 19 track edition and the super deluxe boxset.

Comments

• Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone :)

I cannot wait for Madonna's long awaited 13th studio album. I already have a great feeling about this era. While I did enjoy MDNA it never really felt like a Madonna album, luckily the tour made up for it.

I think the album artwork is one of her best and truly iconic.

Song wise I love the 6 she gave us at Christmas. Devil Prays is amazing, Ghosttown is simply incredible and as you may have guessed I love the 90s sounding lead single. ;)

Which copies of the album will you be buying? I will buy the 19 track edition and the super deluxe boxset.

I really can't see why anyone would buy the 14 track version - which is currently only listed for being available in France. I will buy the 19 track version (already pre-ordered it) and will definetely buy the 27 track deluxe box set. I think this era is more Madonna approved, whilst MDNA felt like she was going through the motions and other people were pushing her buttons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 14 track edition is pointless and doesn't even include the title track!! what's that all about :D

What do you think might be in the special super deluxe box set? I've read on another site it might contain a photo book.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 14 track edition is pointless and doesn't even include the title track!! what's that all about :D

What do you think might be in the special super deluxe box set? I've read on another site it might contain a photo book.

I'm not overly bothered about a photo book. The album itself will contain a nifty booklet anyway, so that will be sufficient for me. I do know the tracklist for the deluxe box set though.

CD ONE

1-19 The album proper (as per confirmed tracklisting)

CD TWO
    Bonus Tracks:

20: Beautiful Scars
    21: Queen
    22: Graffitti Heart
    23: Borrowed Time
    24: Autotune Baby
    26: Addicted
    27: Joan of Arc (Acoustic Version)
    28: Iconic Take Two

(8 additional tracks).
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I'm not overly bothered about a photo book. The album itself will contain a nifty booklet anyway, so that will be sufficient for me. I do know the tracklist for the deluxe box set though.

CD ONE

1-19 The album proper (as per confirmed tracklisting)

CD TWO
    Bonus Tracks:

20: Beautiful Scars
    21: Queen
    22: Graffitti Heart
    23: Borrowed Time
    24: Autotune Baby
    26: Addicted
    27: Joan of Arc (Acoustic Version)
    28: Iconic Take Two

(8 additional tracks).

Has this been officially announced? I had heard 25 tracks for super deluxe edition
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been officially announced? I had heard 25 tracks for super deluxe edition

It's 27 tracks, not 28 - I missed out number 25 and went straight to 26! Gigi posted a review of the album from someone at a listening party and they confirmed the tracklisting. Have a look at the review on the Appreciation thread.

Alternatively, click below to read it. It is very positive!

http://fotpforums.com/topic/97854-i-attended-a-madonna-listening-party-last-week-ask-me-anything/
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member

I guess people that have heard the leaked versions of Messiah and Rebel Heart may be shocked that they are not on the standard version as they are great. But 'wash all over me' would work as an album closer too. So maybe the album is exceptionally strong.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    REVOLUTION!!! NOWHERE??? One of my faves. Grrrr
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still cannot get over that she's included the awful 'S.E.X' on there D:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess people that have heard the leaked versions of Messiah and Rebel Heart may be shocked that they are not on the standard version as they are great. But 'wash all over me' would work as an album closer too. So maybe the album is exceptionally strong.
    Wash All Over Me has been reworked into a piano ballad!
    Derek Faye wrote: »

According to someone who attended the listening party it has been reworked into an entirely different song from the demo. Apparently she will say stuff about strap ons in the new version! :D
  • Options
    PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »

Apparently bot it and Holy Water are completely different. We shall see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final version of SEX has leaked....It still sucks. It's a lot slowed down, with an embarrassing rap in the end. Still has all the awful lyrics. I think I actually prefer the demo production wise.

Shame that a song like Beautiful scars got the boot for this dirge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find it anywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't find it anywhere.

You aren't missing anything believe me. the production has slowed down a lot and changed to an alsmo dark Disney feel. However, the melody and lyrics remain exactly the same and it just doesn't gel at all. The bridge has been totally removed and replaced with the most embarrassing rap ever. It makes American Lifes rap sound like something worthy of tupac.

Madonna rapping about strap on's, raw meat and golden showers?

yeah no thanks. It's utter garbage. The demo as bad as it was, it infinitely preferable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You aren't missing anything believe me. the production has slowed down a lot and changed to an alsmo dark Disney feel. However, the melody and lyrics remain exactly the same and it just doesn't gel at all. The bridge has been totally removed and replaced with the most embarrassing rap ever. It makes American Lifes rap sound like something worthy of tupac.

Madonna rapping about strap on's, raw meat and golden showers?

yeah no thanks. It's utter garbage. The demo as bad as it was, it infinitely preferable.

:o:o:o:o

Omg

Nothing shocks me about Madonna but that just did! I need to hear this....
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is all of her stuff leaking so early!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing because the CDs are in production ready to be dispatched out to merchants?

I can't find it anywhere online though. I saw a couple of torrents but they clearly had trojans in them.

Shame this era is off to such a bad start for her because the quality is some of her best and Living For Love video is out next weekend!

Oh I found it!! just had a quick skim through and most of the tracks seem reworked. Rebel Heart was my main concern but its not too different to the demo. More like a cross between acoustic and and the demo. So in the middle. Sex sounds better :p but I'm not sure about the new version of Inside Out, may have to listen again to that. Wash All Over Me is now a ballad!! :confused::o but I think sounds better for it :) Graffiti Heart is my biggest upset, I love the demo but this new version sounds like it has far too much noise going on, its gone from being under produced to being over done . :( Autotune Baby is :o but funny if you get it.

Will give a proper review later but Iconic at this point sounds like my fave from the very quick listen I had.
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god the finished product is absolutely incredible. Yes there are a few filler tracks like (S.E.X. But overall this is her best album since RoL! The final versions are infinitely better than the demos. She really has abandoned Aviici big time. I can't believe how amazing Iconic is. It needs to be a single!!

Strangely enough while still a great song, Rebel Heart is now more an album track for me.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG no I can't believe the full thing has leaked, I refuse to listen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree about Iconic. Do you think its going to be the second single?

This is my favourite album of Madonna's since Confessions On A Dancefloor. It has elements of Erotica about it.

I'm also pleased she dropped Aviici. He is a great producer but out of date now. If she had worked with him five years ago they could have made magic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god the finished product is absolutely incredible. Yes there are a few filler tracks like (S.E.X. But overall this is her best album since RoL! The final versions are infinitely better than the demos. She really has abandoned Aviici big time. I can't believe how amazing Iconic is. It needs to be a single!!

Strangely enough while still a great song, Rebel Heart is now more an album track for me.

COMPLETLEY AGREE with you Jade. 2 Things....Really upset it leaked but found stuff on youtube SO easily, I listened to a few of the tracks.

Everything has been de - avvic'ed...Something must have went down. But I honestly am disappointed that the most obvious single has now been relegated to something that could have been bumped off AL.. Where is the "rebel heart" refrain??

On the other hand, Iconic has been turned into a thumping anthem. Beautiful Scars disco light. I will still have the album on day 1 as I've pre ordered it and overall it is a great album.

Can't help but think they have gone with some odd arrangements on the final tracks though....In a lot of ways, I much prefer some of the demos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also pleased she dropped Aviici. He is a great producer but out of date now. If she had worked with him five years ago they could have made magic.

His version of WAOM and The Title Track are LEAGUES ahead of the finals. And I'm not even a fan of Avicci. He's basically been completely erased from the album. Something must have happened between them behind the scenes.
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect Iconic will be the next single. I can see a great video and live performance to go with it. Evidently the most effort has gone into revamping it and the Mike Tyson intro is interesting.

Overall it's become a lot more pop with an interesting mix of Erotica and AL vibe. Joan of Arc sped up now sounding like a Taylor S track :-)

Am I hearing things or Veni vedi Vici now samples Holiday? :-)
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Ia she performing at the Brits ?
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone send me a link please?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's official, she is playing at the brits
    Apart from her graham norton slot (which had zero to do with MDNA and was about W/E), this is the promo she needs to remind her and us that her british fans are perhaps her most loyal. We were there for her when the US turned their back on her.