Options

Er

Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I'm currently re watching ER at the moment And am loving it. What a great show and completely still relevant today imo. Also it was very issue driven and ahead of its time too what with jeannie and the Hiv, kerry and her sexuality and her custody battle for her son given the fact her relationship with sandy had no legal right etc.

Wonderful writing and cast too.

Anyone else feel the same?

Must add that I love love love Romano.

Comments

• Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Apart from any story that had anything to do with Abbey or Luka or Doug Ross I loved it.:D

It was great must watch TV, so many memorable stories, Love Labours Lost, the incident involving Lucy and Carter, Mark Green's farewell, Monkey Plague and helicopter vengence >:(

Rocket Romano was just about my favourite character too, disgusting what they did to him. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Apart from any story that had anything to do with Abbey or Luka or Doug Ross I loved it.:D

It was great must watch TV, so many memorable stories, Love Labours Lost, the incident involving Lucy and Carter, Mark Green's farewell, Monkey Plague and helicopter vengence >:(

Rocket Romano was just about my favourite character too, disgusting what they did to him. >:(

Mark's death was so sad! I actually like abbey and luka alot but she was awful with carter who's a patronising git lol

Romano should never have been killed off. The way it was done was cruel aswell imo. Kerry then screwing him over with his donation and no one except Elizabeth attending the memorial was awful.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    The Romano death was one of the most ridiculous moments in tv history but other than that ER was fantastic.
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    My favourite show ever, absolutely groundbreaking. Relatable characters and excellent storylines, it could've run forever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favourite show ever, absolutely groundbreaking. Relatable characters and excellent storylines, it could've run forever.

I don't think any other drama has reached 15 seasons. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I don't think any other drama has reached 15 seasons. I could be wrong though.

Medical drama, yes. But I'm sure law and order hit 20
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh yes I knew I was wrong. Still 15 is a pretty good stretch.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the only medical show I've watched, thought it was really good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    It's the only medical show I've watched, thought it was really good.

I loved scrubs aswell but it was obviously completely different lol. Julianna margulies showed her talent at comedy in it as well as being wonderful in ER
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved scrubs aswell but it was obviously completely different lol. Julianna margulies showed her talent at comedy in it as well as being wonderful in ER
    Yeah I loved Scrubs too, I forgot about that one though.
  • Options
    SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member

Holby City and Casualty have both outlasted it. ;-)

But yeah, it was great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holby City and Casualty have both outlasted it. ;-)

But yeah, it was great.

I meant American shows which is what I should have said earlier lol.
  • Options
    blahblahblah57blahblahblah57 Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently re watching ER at the moment And am loving it. What a great show and completely still relevant today imo. Also it was very issue driven and ahead of its time too what with jeannie and the Hiv, kerry and her sexuality and her custody battle for her son given the fact her relationship with sandy had no legal right etc.

Wonderful writing and cast too.

Anyone else feel the same?

Must add that I love love love Romano.

Where are you watching ER?
  • Options
    Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Series One to around series nine - was that the series with Mark's death? - were as good as anything I've ever seen on TV. Some of the plot twists were just totally outrageous, and yet completely believable. The dialogue was often superb too. Pity about how It ended though. The cast changed so much during the last four years, it left us with no-one to root for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are you watching ER?

I'm watching on Dvd!
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a conversation with a work colleague last week about how great ER was & we both discovered we loved so many of the same characters (Luka, Mark, Doug, Kerry, Romano!) and storylines its made me want to have a rewatch :D it's a shame Sky Atlantic are not showing it again as I find it easier to find the time to watch stuff on tv than on DVD for some reason!
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series One to around series nine - was that the series with Mark's death? - were as good as anything I've ever seen on TV. Some of the plot twists were just totally outrageous, and yet completely believable. The dialogue was often superb too. Pity about how It ended though. The cast changed so much during the last four years, it left us with no-one to root for.

It definitely went out with a whimper didn't it that last season was awful except for any episode where they brought back old cast members! I did love Neela at the end and was so glad her & Ray got their happy ending :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really think killing off Romano was the worst decision. Mark's was really sad and perfectly done but grrrr romano was brill