Options

Motivation

spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know that all the contestants say how much they want the role of Joseph (except Anthony on Saturday who wants to be in We Will Rock You now, lol) but I have been thinking about their motivation for entering this competition.

Undoubtedly, it has brought all of them to the attention of producers and casting agents. I fully expect to see the names Daniel Boys and Lee Mead used to promote whatever job they next take as their inclusion in a cast will sell tickets. The other too, but these in particular.

The one I am puzzled about is Craig. He obviously wants to move away from what he does now, or he wouldn't have entered this or Pop Idol, but he doesn't seem to have the drive and ambition needed to suceed outside of the club circuit.

Would he be happy giving up his (probably quite lucrative) cabaret work to take anything other than the starring West End role on offer?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the BBC site it says that "Craig used to perform with a male strip troupe called 'G-Force' during their performances Craig sang while the rest of the troupe got their kit off. Craig has performed at ladies nights, cabaret nights and holiday parks." I know he is only 25 but he can't do that job forever.....Plus any publicity is good....isn't it?

I known a number of them have been or are studying Performing Arts, but none of them have worked regularly on a popular TV show, having this kind of vocal, dancing and acting experience. To gain this kind of experience and exposure must be quite motivating – even if you didn’t think you could win.