Options

Ashes To Ashes Series 3 Speculation Thread (spoilers in tags) (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    This article is quite interesting.

It just asks a few questions and reminds me of something back in Season 1 that I totally forgot.

The whole Gene holding young Alex's hand, and her wondering if it was really him she remembered there when her parents car exploded.

Which makes me wodner about the whole theory of Gene being the ghost cop. How could be already be dead if Alex was believing he was alive in 1981 when she was?

I'm even more confused right now. Or maybe the writers are just skipping over this detail :3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    neleh wrote: »
    I commented on this the other day too. I think he has spent alot of time alone in this series. The first was after Keats did is 'I hate you' rant in Ep1. Keats went back to being all nice for the others, but left Gene looking like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I've also read the news articles, which are obviously a press release from the Beeb. I notice they refer to Gene as
    Corrupt. I would say this is one thing he certainly isn't. Not above using his own methods to get a result, but from the 2nd series of LOM he's been very anti-corruption to the extent of bringing down 2 of his bosses - he even shot one of them!

This may have been said before (there's been almost 6600 posts now!) but
    corrupt can have other meanings, and I don't recall anyone accusing Gene of being a "bent" copper, to use the more common slang. (I could be wrong though.)
    I'm more and more inclined to think that it's Gene who's long since dead and buried (the most visceral of corruptions).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Mumski wrote: »
    !

In series 3 episode 1, the whole scene 11 mins in (conversation between Alex and Shaz) seems important. Don't know if should be in tags....but in case anyone has not watched that episode (unlikely!)......
    1st of all the radio voice says something about Molly and 8 years ago (has Alex not only meant to have been gone 3 years? I'm sure it does say something about 8 years though).
    When Shaz is asking Alex what it was like being unconscious all that time, she seems disappointed when Alex says 'it looked like home' and then happy/relieved when she says 'but it wasn't, it didn't feel at all real'.
    Then Shaz says 'this does though doesn't it, I mean,you're awake now' then alex says
    "it's the strangest thing, because now I'm not awake, and it does feel real' and Shaz says 'ah, well, HALF WAY THERE' ....the way she said it seemed really odd....maybe just me though! check that scene out again and see what you think

Good point! I think it is strange she asks how she felt being unconscious as Shaz herself was in a coma in series 1 wasn't she? (Or am I making that up!!) Maybe she was hoping for an answer from Alex that was a similar experience that she had (if that makes sense?!).
    someone pointed out, quite a few pages back, that Sam's photo in the file Alex finds isn't from 70's, but 2000's - I thought that too...the collar isn't big enough to be his 70's clothes!

Yeah that was me. Someone else said it looked like his 70's clothes. I don't think it does and even if they are his 70's clothes. It is exactly the same photo as the modern day one so clothes or not the 70's photo and modern day file photos are the same - it annoys me for some reason :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I've always thought Gene holding Alex's hand when the car explodes was purely due to the fact she was there. I mean, without her going on about the supposed car bomb, he wouldn't have been there, or investigating the case would he??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Also, she is holding a red balloon in her left hand which is then in her right hand.....Mirror image springs to mind?....but what could it mean?!!

Well, that was also
    the title of the very last episode of Quantum Leap. And there we have it! It's not Gene Hunt after all... it's Sam Beckett! :eek:
    (Georgia's on my mind...)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Gagsy10 wrote: »
    This article is quite interesting.

It just asks a few questions and reminds me of something back in Season 1 that I totally forgot.

The whole Gene holding young Alex's hand, and her wondering if it was really him she remembered there when her parents car exploded.

Which makes me wodner about the whole theory of Gene being the ghost cop. How could be already be dead if Alex was believing he was alive in 1981 when she was?

I'm even more confused right now. Or maybe the writers are just skipping over this detail :3

I was talking about the Gene/young Alex scene with hubbie just yesterday....trying to work out how it all fits together! I will have to go watch that one again.....
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aida wrote: »
    I'm really, really annoyed with myself for being so weak and reading the spoilers - now I'm pleased about one thing I read and deeply disappointed in the other!: (

Ah well, one shouldn't try to gild a lily and even if my cherished pet theory turns out to be nothing but conjecture, both LOM and ATA have been a rare joy from the first moment - as has this amazing thread and its predecessor! :)

I agree we all want ahappy ending for all the gang but it dosent look like we are going to get one!...my wish is that it is open ended a little for us to make our own minds up ! :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    I agree we all want ahappy ending for all the gang but it dosent look like we are going to get one!...my wish is that it is open ended a little for us to make our own minds up ! :cry:

I think you'll definitely get that. I remember reading an interview with the writers saying some bits will be a bit ambiguous, so the audience can interpret how they like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Lordstig wrote: »
    To the spoiler: yes

My 200th ever post, i got to 50 on this thread, i got to 100 on THIS thread, now i reach the grand total of 200. yipeé. (Sorry it sounds french, i'm under stress for the finale!') But now i have got a countdown on my desktop until the finale along with the team wallpaper. for the last time... FIRE UP THE QUATTRO

Lol yes that I'm right or yes that I dreamed it ;)!

Thanks for answering, I thought so! Wonder if it means anything!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha - all these spooky moments people have been gettings.

This is mine. Its sad I know but it made me chuckle. :o

I play an online game (you know the farm one) and I just got a weather vane in a mystery box. :eek: Never had one before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    just thought of a line i would love GH to say in an interview "If you don't give me an answer, i'll shove that pencil so far down yer throat there will be a whole new meaning to having lead in your boots"
    I would laugh!
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    haha - all these spooky moments people have been gettings.

This is mine. Its sad I know but it made me chuckle. :o

I play an online game (you know the farm one) and I just got a weather vane in a mystery box. :eek: Never had one before.

I got one too! I usually delete things like that from my farm, but decided to keep that one
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading the Newspaer article and the name Thordy came in to my head, now i am think of Wizard of Oz for some strange reason but i can't not get a connction from A2A andWizard of Oz:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got one too! I usually delete things like that from my farm, but decided to keep that one

:D - I've kept mine as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bingoman wrote: »
    After reading the Newspaer article and the name Thordy came in to my head, now i am think of Wizard of Oz for some strange reason but i can't not get a connction from A2A andWizard of Oz:confused:

Personally I don't think there's a connection. It's just a little metaphor for Alex being away from home, and way for them to throw in red herrings, and get theories going :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    I think you'll definitely get that. I remember reading an interview with the writers saying some bits will be a bit ambiguous, so the audience can interpret how they like.

Good ! sounds like the LOM ending !...we havent heard what will happen to Nelson or Annie ?.. hopefully their stories will be explained next friday!
  • Options
    topdog2006topdog2006 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    I'm starting to notice all the Wizard of Oz references....

Alex: Red Shoes= Dorothy, wants to return home
    Ray: Needed a heart- opened up his feelings about his dad etc, then got his LOM moment
    Shaz: Needed a brain- finally realised her purpose and stayed in CID?
    Chris: Needed courage and stood up to Gene
  • Options
    AidaAida Posts: 2,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Personally I don't think there's a connection. It's just a little metaphor for Alex being away from home, and way for them to throw in red herrings, and get theories going :p

I hope you're right - I'm probably alone in feeling like this, but I hate the 'Wizard of Oz' - a hatred which almost certainly stems from being carried out of the cinema, aged four, screaming and hysterical with terror at the sight of the Tin-Man - an incident which my family have never tired of mocking me about for the last four decades! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topdog2006 wrote: »
    I'm starting to notice all the Wizard of Oz references....

Alex: Red Shoes= Dorothy, wants to return home
    Ray: Needed a heart- opened up his feelings about his dad etc, then got his LOM moment
    Shaz: Needed a brain- finally realised her purpose and stayed in CID?
    Chris: Needed courage and stood up to Gene

And Toto ! is Keats !! follows everyone around barks growls and snaps at everyone ! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hans253 wrote: »
    Good point! I think it is strange she asks how she felt being unconscious as Shaz herself was in a coma in series 1 wasn't she? (Or am I making that up!!) Maybe she was hoping for an answer from Alex that was a similar experience that she had (if that makes sense?!).

Yeah that was me. Someone else said it looked like his 70's clothes. I don't think it does and even if they are his 70's clothes. It is exactly the same photo as the modern day one so clothes or not the 70's photo and modern day file photos are the same - it annoys me for some reason :o

I spent a fair bit of time on youtube earlier checking out the photo that 2006 Alex had right and the start of series 1 episode 1 and the photo in the file that 1983 Alex ad sent down from Manchester and I am totally convinced that it is the same photo.

I am now trying not to get a headache thinking about what this could possibly mean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    It's quite an effort to avoid reading all the spoliers that are all over the press today, I fear it's only going to get worse as the week progresses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Well, I've just finished my marathon watch-fest of LOM and blubbed at the end - and that was a happy ending!! What chance do I have on Friday?? :(

Now I have 2 series of A2A to plough through.

I'm hoping that Chris, Shaz and Ray don't come out of this badly at the end, but that preview makes things look and sound ominous.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nephelim wrote: »
    Well, I've just finished my marathon watch-fest of LOM and blubbed at the end - and that was a happy ending!! What chance do I have on Friday?? :(

Now I have 2 series of A2A to plough through.

I'm hoping that Chris, Shaz and Ray don't come out of this badly at the end, but that preview makes things look and sound ominous.:cry:

Yes it was ..a happyish ending and i want a LOM type ending to A2A but i feel ill be dissapointed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    isopap wrote: »
    I spent a fair bit of time on youtube earlier checking out the photo that 2006 Alex had right and the start of series 1 episode 1 and the photo in the file that 1983 Alex ad sent down from Manchester and I am totally convinced that it is the same photo.

I am now trying not to get a headache thinking about what this could possibly mean.

It is the same picture, it was also me who said that it wasnt a few days back in the old thread, but after looking back, (which involved borrowing the A2A series 1 box set off a mate lol) it is indeed correct, it is the same photo of him that is in 2006, with the light blue shirt, collar tucked in, definately not his 70's picture,i hold my hands up, was getting confused with LOM episodes slipping in amongst the earlier series of A2A, my own fault, i really should stop watching the LOM box sets quite so much. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Aida wrote: »
    I hope you're right - I'm probably alone in feeling like this, but I hate the 'Wizard of Oz' - a hatred which almost certainly stems from being carried out of the cinema, aged four, screaming and hysterical with terror at the sight of the Tin-Man - an incident which my family have never tired of mocking me about for the last four decades! :o

You're not alone. I hate it too, to the extent that I've even checked when Judy Garland was born today to make sure it wasn't the 6-6-20. It wasn't, but I did discover she died the day before I was born.

Alex doesn't just wear red shoes and Gene had a whole selection of female names for Sam!!!
This discussion has been closed.