Tea with milk

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Learn something new today. Just want to share with you all. Overdrink tea with milk may pose threats to one's health.

http://tipsground.blogspot.com/2011/09/facts-of-tea-with-milk.html

I often drink 2 cups per day when having lunch and dinner outside. Wonder if I need to cut down. Any ideas?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    2 cups isn't really going to make any difference to your health. If you use skimmed or semi skimmed milk the fat content shouldn't really be a big deal and neither should one or two spoons of sugar per cup.

if you were having say 6 or 7 mugs a day then yes, it might be worth cutting down.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Tech Lover wrote: »
    Learn something new today. Just want to share with you all. Overdrink tea with milk may pose threats to one's health.

I often drink 2 cups per day when having lunch and dinner outside. Wonder if I need to cut down. Any ideas?

That blog is 98% rubbish. Tea is fine to drink and a good few mugs of hot tea will do you a lot of good. Yes, it has caffeine in it (which is partly why it's refreshing) but not very much and the rubbish about milk is just beyond belief (of course you should avoid it if you're lactose intollerant - no shit sherlock!).
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member

Do you believe everything you read on obscure blogs?

Seriously, who puts evaporated milk in their tea anyway?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong-style_milk_tea
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you believe everything you read on obscure blogs?

The evaporated milk gives the tea a silky creaminess that is quite nice.
    In the Netherlands and north-western Germany (Ost-Friesland - they drink the most tea per person in the World) a lot of people drink their tea (and coffee) with evaporated milk. It's how I drank my tea until I was 12 or 13. Now I'm a "No milk please" man. I still drink my regular coffee with koffiemelk (=evaporated milk).
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of crap that blog is! It's almost as bad as the daily 'medical journal' mail with it's baseless theories and scaremongering!
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    breppo wrote: »
    The evaporated milk gives the tea a silky creaminess that is quite nice.
    In the Netherlands and north-western Germany (Ost-Friesland - they drink the most tea per person in the World) a lot of people drink their tea (and coffee) with evaporated milk. It's how I drank my tea until I was 12 or 13. Now I'm a "No milk please" man. I still drink my regular coffee with koffiemelk (=evaporated milk).

When I worked in LIbya you could only get evaported milk or sometimes the more disgusting UHT. I stopped drinking tea and only drank black coffee or beer for a few years.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member

Do you make yourself Hong Kong style tea at home then?

The article is a load of rubbish, randomly posted on a random blog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you make yourself Hong Kong style tea at home then?

No. Since I will suffer from diarrhea if drinking milk alone, I don't have milk at home. I have Tea with milk in restaurants for lunch and dinner in general, for tea and in client's office sometimes. I have no idea what kind of milk used.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of crap that blog is! It's almost as bad as the daily 'medical journal' mail with it's baseless theories and scaremongering!

I agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That blog is total gobshite - what a sad individual they must be :confused: