Capital FM Network (Part 2)

Comments

• SmartProgrammerSmartProgrammer Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -ajm- wrote: »
    Marvin is doing the evening show from next year.
    Confirmed. And in bigger news he also takes over the Vodafone Big Top 40 from Rich and Kat.
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpb wrote: »

Good news for Marvin. He's going to be very busy early next year, being the new presenter of The Voice too!
    I hope the keep Friday and Saturday 7-10 'in the mix' because it's one of the best things Capital do, and it's clearly popular, though it seems bosses think it's because of the presenter rather than the format!
  • simon243simon243 Posts: 3,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised Rich is going - in London Capital gets slaughtered by Kiss as soon as breakfast is over so they clearly need to freshen up daytimes. Good luck to Pandora who takes over 10-1. Can't believe James Bassam has that long left either.
  • djgeezadjgeeza Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simon243 wrote: »
    Not surprised Rich is going - in London Capital gets slaughtered by Kiss as soon as breakfast is over so they clearly need to freshen up daytimes.

Isn't that mostly due to Kisstory at 11, which has a significant spike?
    Capital tried to replicate that with the 'Re-Cap' at 10 but discontinued it after a while.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder why Rich Clarke is leaving? Where will he be off too next?

I'm surprised he didn't move to Heart?
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised Rich is going - in London Capital gets slaughtered by Kiss as soon as breakfast is over so they clearly need to freshen up daytimes. Good luck to Pandora who takes over 10-1. Can't believe James Bassam has that long left either.

Pandora is dreadful, Kiss has got no competition there, as if. Even with Capitals hiring of a new music producer poached from Kiss, who starts in Jan,Kiss is just too slick.
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

More changes will be revealed in near future, in line with Capitals plans for 2014.
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Local traffic updates from a reporter at 20 to the hour throughout day times on capitals outside of London now.

Does this still happen?
  • webuiltthiscitywebuiltthiscity Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    djgeeza wrote: »
    Isn't that mostly due to Kisstory at 11, which has a significant spike?
    Capital tried to replicate that with the 'Re-Cap' at 10 but discontinued it after a while.

It's a shame that got discontinued, as I enjoyed that! Any chances of seeing it return in 2014?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Clarke from Capital joins Heart Solent Breakfast from the 6th January as Michael Underwood steps down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Could all change, but according to Radio Times & Virgin Tivo (and Capital Website).
    Surprisingly New Years Eve they've still got 7hrs local? Thought they would have dropped it to 4hrs. (I know this happened when it was Leicester Sound, but thought last year they only had 4hrs local).

Based on East Midlands:

Christmas Eve:
    0200-0600 Toni Phillips
    0600-1000 Dino & Pete (Local Breakfast)
    1000-1300 Pandora
    1300-1600 Bassman
    1600-1900 Tom & Claire (Local Drive)
    1900-0000 Marvin

Christmas Day:
    0000-0400 Adam O'Niel
    0400-0800 Christian Williams
    0800-1200 Ivan D'sa (Local breakfast)
    1200-1600 Pandora
    1600-1900 Ant Payne
    1900-2200 Hits of 2013 Countdown (Automated)
    2200-0200 Will Cozens

Boxing Day:
    0200-0500 Adam O'Neil
    0500-0800 Christian Williams
    0800-1200 Ivan D'sa (Local Breakfast)
    1200-1600 Pandora
    1600-1900 Ant Payne
    1900-2200 Hits of 2013 Countdown (Automated)
    2200-0200 Will Cozens

New Years Eve:
    0200-0600 Toni Phillips
    0600-1000 Tom & Claire (Local Breakfast)
    1000-1300 Rich Clarke
    1300-1600 Ant Payne
    1600-1900 Ivan D'Sa (Local Drive)
    1900-0000 Marvin

New Years Day:
    0000-0500: Avicii - Calvin Harris - David Guetta
    0500-0800: Adam Inker
    0800-1200: Dino & Pete (Local Breakfast)
    1200-1600: Pandora
    1600-1900: Ant Payne
    1900-2200: Christian Williams
    2200-0200: Will Cozens
    0200-0600: Ant Payne

Seems to me, they'll be in the mix commercial free 1900-0500 New Years Eve then??

I am so happy they finally got Ivan D'Sa Back, and many people in our work are now once again listening to 105.4 on a Sunday now:) Lets hope it lasts, as he's a great DJ, and glad he got some extra shows over Christmas (as always!).

Question:
    Has Capital played any classic Christmas songs yet (slade, Band Aid, Wizzard)? or are they reserving these for Christmas Day only? So far all I've heard is a few recent tracks only, the oldest being a 2009 - Last Christmas by Ariana Grande. I would have though the audience being 10-15 years would love Christmas songs?? And it seems Capital have the Merry Christmas Jingles, but no Christmas songs??
    I'm sure last year they played them from about 15th and mixed them between normal playlist, I think even Bing Cosby's white christmas got an airing on Christmas Day!!
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Pandora is dreadful, Kiss has got no competition there, as if. Even with Capitals hiring of a new music producer poached from Kiss, who starts in Jan,Kiss is just too slick.

Totally agree I much prefer to listen to Danny Mylo on the Pulse once the Dose is Finished at 10 then to listen to her
  • ResidentSDResidentSD Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question:
    Has Capital played any classic Christmas songs yet (slade, Band Aid, Wizzard)? or are they reserving these for Christmas Day only? So far all I've heard is a few recent tracks only, the oldest being a 2009 - Last Christmas by Ariana Grande. I would have though the audience being 10-15 years would love Christmas songs?? And it seems Capital have the Merry Christmas Jingles, but no Christmas songs??
    I'm sure last year they played them from about 15th and mixed them between normal playlist, I think even Bing Cosby's white christmas got an airing on Christmas Day!!
    On Capital Birmingham during breakfast I've heard Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" quite a few times over the last couple of weeks. The only other Christmas song I can recall hearing during breakfast is Leona's "One More Sleep", but obviously that comes under the recent category you mentioned.

Can't comment other than that as I only really listen to Capital Birmingham at breakfast.
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think even Bing Cosby's white christmas got an airing on Christmas Day!!

That was part of Andi Durrant's Xmas Mixtape which included Run DMC and The Supremes!
  • dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question:

Heard the Pogues today, the start was cut, straight into the signing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guessing this is the last chart show for Rich and Kat?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Clarke is only on Capital London for the next 3 days before he leaves Global Towers and moves to Heart South Coast Breakfast in Segensworth West, outside Fareham,
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Guessing this is the last chart show for Rich and Kat?
    For Rich, yes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes it's Rich last chart show. Kat is staying. I guess Rich might wanted to leave and move to Heart Coast?
  • Peace100Peace100 Posts: 3,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Rich, yes!

Thought Marvin was going to present the show on his own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peace100 wrote: »
    Thought Marvin was going to present the show on his own.

I thought so as it seemed to had been read in that way.
  • radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat will be joining Marvin.
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, The Bassman is in his mid 40s now, way too old for the Capital target.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    Tried listening to Capital East Midlands this week as Sam & Amy are off. Used to love Dino & Pete on Ram FM, but can't get into it now. It's beyond irritating the way they always play music in the background when the DJs are talking.