The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to expand on my last comment - while it wouldn't be so good to have JedGen on the payroll, it would still be nice for the management to give her some tokens of appreciation - free tickets to shows, a hamper at Jedmas time - little things like that.

I'm bewildered by Momma J's tweet "Without JEDWARD, there is no fandom." No, it's totally the other way around - and J&E have known that right from the start. (It's always been "We love our fans" not "Our fans love us".) When I see what firm friendships have formed in the fandom, I know that will last far longer than any pop idolatry. If the Jeds were to go into hiding today, the fandom - the friendships - will still continue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What really concerns me is that when their current manager sent out tweets re an 'official' magazine (Summer/Fall 2012?), everyone, of course, was really excited about it... even though there existed at the time quite a professional on-line mag produced by fans.

These fans, of course, had their feelings hurt... felt under-appreciated, etc. But their feelings kinda got swept aside by the enthusiasm of the rest of the fan base who wanted an 'official' mag.

I won't go over the entire history of what happened (or didn't happen) w/ the 'official' mag, because most of you are aware of the unfortunate story... but I do want to bring it up as example to remind everyone that this blatant disregard for a fan's hard work and creativity has happened before... and what's really tragic is that after the fan produced mag was effectively killed, there ended up being no 'official' mag.

So whoever is putting these ideas re tours of countries where twins are still relatively unknown, 'official' magazines, 'official' websites, etc. into J&E's manager's head needs to stop... it's enough. There has been so much damage done to J&E's 'We Love Are Fans' brand already. We don't need any more death and destruction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so tired of this thread being dead... just post your latest toenail polish update, for goodness' sake... jeez.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we can talk about broccoli... that's cool, too. I would love to know how everyone genuinely feels about broccoli.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey... any thoughts on Justin Bieber?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *whistling*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just gonna put this out there that I do stand by broccoli... no matter what.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broccoli is so green and fluffy... but it does. quite unfortunately, smell while steaming...

I am certain that some complete asshole will turn me in to the mods as being off-topic... but how can anyone be sure that I am not using a metaphor for the current situation?

Perhaps there is a larger meaning to my posts about broccoli.

ok... there isn't a larger meaning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_qKmTLbEPc
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch do you really expect that fans from UK(and other european country ) do answer your post when you post at a time when most people in UK/Europe are asleep?

I hope that Jed Gen`s feelings are not hurt to much. She has done a great job, without her and the Jed fans J&E would not have such a career
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight, while everyone is sleeping, I would like to talk about snakes.

Having grown up in a rural area, I learned, at quite an early age, to differentiate between harmless and venomous snakes. And no, for those of you asking, you don't get close enough to look at their pupils... that's just something we tell idiots who know nothing 'bout snakes.

Snakes, in many parts of the world where they aren't, like, ****ing everywhere, are considered, rightly so, good to have around. They're efficient in keepin' down the rodent population. They're tasty, too. #Chicken

That said, if you find yourself in the situation where a snake has wandered into your laundry room uninvited and also undesired... the best way to kill the snake, if you don't care to get close enough to tell what shape it's pupils are (aka 'idiot'), is to cut off it's head (a much maligned garden implement called a 'hoe' is an incredibly efficient tool for this).

Once you chop off the head, the body keeps moving for quite a while... yet the death of said snake is assured.

BUT... in the case of the Rattlesnake, things ain't quite so clear-cut (pardon the pun). When you cut off the head of the Rattlesnake, the body keeps a-twistin' an' a-writhin'... and all the while that tail keeps a-rattlin'. This is rather disconcerting for all involved, including the snake.

So I ask the question... does a rattlesnake who can still hear his own tail rattlin' understand that it's dead? Does the rattle of it's own tail from a distance comfort him or upset him while he's bleeding out?

I do ponder these questions while everyone is sleeping... and I write these words in solidarity for JedGen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for me they need a wonder and need to change many things( regarding their mum as their manager/regarding no PR agency/regarding their own behave and probably their own expectations...) when they want to stay in showbusiness for more years.

I fear their career is over(I hope not, but there are so many singer/groups out here, nobody is waiting for J&E(only a few fans))

Speculations bring nothing, we can speculate &wish what ever we want for them , but it is only up to J&E , they seem not to listen to anybody at moment, hopefully they have earned enough money for a lifetime and will never regret their decisions since 2012 .

I know my post is harsh but this are my feelings at moment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's utterly heartbreaking to see that @jedwardgenius is dead and the website is just pointing to contact details. All those years collecting photos, articles and other Jepic news is all gone. I really hope this isn't a permanent loss. If Charlotte doesn't want to do it, perhaps there's someone else who'll take over things.

Say what you like about Louis' management style, but there was no management-fuelled drama like this in those days :-(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( it breaks my heart to see that 4 years of hard work of collecting everything about J&E is gone.

I hope she will come back, and that J&E realize how important Char/JedGen was/is for the fandom and for J&E
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    :( it breaks my heart to see that 4 years of hard work of collecting everything about J&E is gone.

I hope she will come back, and that J&E realize how important Char/JedGen was/is for the fandom and for J&E

BIB... that's an important aspect that I think J&E have simply overlooked. JedwardGenius was not only a networking tool, but it was fantastic advertisement for the twins. JedGen had chronicled everything... it was such a valuable resource for fans and non-fans alike.

The website was so professional in content, lay-out, and updates, that there is no way a 'new' website could ever compare... there's simply too much information that has been lost.

I think many of the newer fans simply don't understand the magnitude of this loss, therefore they are quite able to overlook what's happened & chirp quite happily about the Dublin gig. But for those of us who have been around a while, it's pretty devastating in terms of introducing the twins to those casual observers who ask basic questions about J&E.

If their manager had a problem w/ the fact a fan was running it (& I have no idea why she suddenly, after 4 yrs. would), I'm sure there could have been some sort of arrangement made.

Even if the twins do want to create a bit of professional distance to their fans... unplugging the website isn't going to solve that problem.

In terms of basic marketing, I feel they've shot themselves in the foot.
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what to say my heart just doesn't seem in to it at the moment :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll tell you what - the Hampton Court episodes of JBA were really good. The Jeds - especially John - seemed a lot more focused, and that showed with John's team getting the highest score. I quite like the two-part format. It lets them have a lot more fun with the learning stage. And the bonus challenges were fun. I'm looking forward to the Oxford two-parter!

And it looks like the Jeds will be doing a show in Dublin at Easter. I like this. The Olympia is like their home turf and it's a proper grand old theatre. Will they debut some new songs?

But despite the good news, things still feel a bit sour from the JedGen drama. I really hope that gets sorted out. J&E know how dedicated, hardworking and sweet Char is, if if their mum doesn't realise it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it looks like the Jeds will be doing a show in Dublin at Easter. I like this. The Olympia is like their home turf and it's a proper grand old theatre. Will they debut some new songs?

the beauty of the Dublin gig being announced when it was is that it will highlight quite nicely that J&E's fans really don't give a shit about any other fan (they never have). All they care about is seeing the twins.

In fact, if a fan were run over by the JedBus, all of the other fans would proclaim that it was her fault.

Everybody can do whatever feels right for them... I don't have a dog in this fight... but I can only say one thing: you booking that gig says an awful lot about you as a person.

If they can do this to JedGen, who's next? Lib?

I hope everyone has an absolutely splendid time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    pithywitch wrote: »
    the beauty of the Dublin gig being announced when it was is that it will highlight quite nicely that J&E's fans really don't give a shit about any other fan (they never have). All they care about is seeing the twins.

Finally popping here to see what's people's thought about mj&Jedgen situation, I'm still not over it, but kind glad to see ppl hear all still care, it seems my timeline all acting like nothing happened.

I think I can finally get you a bit pithywitch ;-) As a fan who live far away and don't have time and money to travel, make me looking this whole situation with more sense, well I hope I am. But I really hope you are joking with me last time, cos you kinda scared me :blush:

Some fans last night suggesting this new gig may be a managing trick they played. It do looks like it have successfully distracted ppl's attention from the lost of jedgen, and fans are saying "this is when you get to see who is the true fan".

I think in general fans don't care about each other is actually one part of being a fan of the person than being a fan of the music, people can have some friend tho( I may be wrong). But I always think Jed fans were a little bit different, at least ppl on here do cares about jedgen. Also because I've seen worse, kpop fandoms in my country it's like the costume drama when all the wives are constantly jockeying for the love from the king, but acting all cool superficially, then in fact no one will get the love, kpop artists seldom communicate with fans.

I'm now really baffled, as we are getting nearer towards their "secret plan" being reveal, many thing had happened make me wonder how shock will I get when I see the final plan.

The name changing drama, its clearly their trick, to test if fans will buy it. Last block section, I don't know all of it, but I think it's unnecessary to block fans, at least those fans will still give their new music a try when it comes out. Then if they are willing to lose some loyal fans, or to make some devoted fans feel unneeded, to achieve their "new image" goal this time, then nothing really matters.

I do really hope their will be a way to fix Jedgen situation, but I doubt their manager will give in. Even it will never be the same again, but can we think of anything to get Jedgen back? Cos as times passing by, I'm sure there will be new fansites that want to take over, I don't want to see char's hard work and many peoples memory disappear.
    Forum Member
    If Charlotte doesn't want to do it, perhaps there's someone else who'll take over things.
    I love to read all your posts here, but don't think give it to someone else will be a good solution.
    We are a small fandom, it's not like all the other big fandoms that have many powerful fansits, and they always have more than one person running it.
    Jedgen represents Char, it has a soul, I love her humor, and optimistic. Giving it away to some one else seems to me is still like killed it :(

I do love her archives. I was just reading through the old news these days and want to share some of the genius of jed to the fans in my country then this happened make me think, is it really worth it to translate daily news to the a few fans, if they don't care about the most important fansite they have.

If everyone want to check on old pictures and videos, you can still visit russian fangroup http://vk.com/jedward but old news there's no luck :cry:

(Ps: I will dm you on twitter to talk about the transcript I said I would do, but I still haven't got any finish, sorry for this really delay respond)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    Some fans last night suggesting this new gig may be a managing trick they played. It do looks like it have successfully distracted ppl's attention from the lost of jedgen, and fans are saying "this is when you get to see who is the true fan".

Heh, I don't think a concert at the Olympia is something that could be organised in just a couple of days. :) Venues like that usually require bookings well in advance, not to mention the promo, etc. But it is possible the concert had already been organised and they chose to announce it now as a way of giving the fans something nice.
    Forum Member
    Heh, I don't think a concert at the Olympia is something that could be organised in just a couple of days. :) Venues like that usually require bookings well in advance, not to mention the promo, etc. But it is possible the concert had already been organised and they chose to announce it now as a way of giving the fans something nice.
    Yes, if it have been organized, then chose the announcing date won't take too many days. And it did make many fans happier :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been here since their mother took over "managing" them for what it's worth one of my final posts said it was a very bad idea. Unlike some fans I don't like their mother never have she is a greedy scheming idiot as far as am concerned she is managing them very badly just to to save money IMO. I am very disappointed that have not stepped in and said something to Jedgen. Jedward's career won't go down the toilet because of the row with Jedgen but it be in the toilet within six months because of their mother as no one wants to work with her - someone who I believe and trust on twitter said Louis Walsh told her directly there are only two people he won't work with Ronan Keating and Jedward mother

Sad times indeed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll tell you what - the Hampton Court episodes of JBA were really good. The Jeds - especially John - seemed a lot more focused, and that showed with John's team getting the highest score. I quite like the two-part format. It lets them have a lot more fun with the learning stage. And the bonus challenges were fun. I'm looking forward to the Oxford two-parter!

But despite the good news, things still feel a bit sour from the JedGen drama. I really hope that gets sorted out. J&E know how dedicated, hardworking and sweet Char is, if if their mum doesn't realise it.

I really like this new format and hope they continue it for the next series. Hopefully it will get recommissioned.

I love them doing the bonus challenges and it shows a different side to their characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    I love to read all your posts here, but don't think give it to someone else will be a good solution.
    We are a small fandom, it's not like all the other big fandoms that have many powerful fansits, and they always have more than one person running it.
    Jedgen represents Char, it has a soul, I love her humor, and optimistic. Giving it away to some one else seems to me is still like killed it :(

I do love her archives. I was just reading through the old news these days and want to share some of the genius of jed to the fans in my country then this happened make me think, is it really worth it to translate daily news to the a few fans, if they don't care about the most important fansite they have.

If everyone want to check on old pictures and videos, you can still visit russian fangroup http://vk.com/jedward but old news there's no luck :cry:

(Ps: I will dm you on twitter to talk about the transcript I said I would do, but I still haven't got any finish, sorry for this really delay respond)

I can't imagine anyone other than Charlotte being JedwardGenius. That site was the first place I visited after CBB.