Famous ,Rich & Hungry

Comments

• Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I don't know how i feel about the pets, i know they are part of the family (i have a cat), but if you are struggling that much, surely another mouth to feed isnt needed, what about vet bills etc....

If you're unwaged you can get free vet treatment from the PDSA.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    How much of sport relief money stays in this country and helps people like we have seen tonight? if it is 100% I may well give( even though I am on benefits myself)

I think comic relief and sport aid money goes mainly abroad , well it used too
  • HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a vile thing to say.

Well if Mohammed can't even have a piece of weetabix in the morning then maybe it's something to consider. The food should be shared more evenly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    You can feed a small dog for pennies a day, and the PDSA will help people for free with vet bills if they are on benefits.

Forum Member
    ✭✭

And some vets have their own food bank for pets now
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    I think comic relief and sport aid money goes mainly abroad , well it used too

I would like to give something to people like we have seen tonight, I may look elsewhere to make a small donation then( I give to food banks when I can)
  • johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and who pays for that then?
    Forum Member

it is a charity , donations and charity shops fund them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

PDSA is a registered Charity and they have their shops and fund raisers
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    So people can't be given a second chance in life? >:(

Nope, beyond help.
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    So why don't Apple give free iphones and Sky free movies and sports, and while we're at it, why don't restaurants and bars give free food to people on benefits?

If you're on benefits and can't afford to eat because you have pets, TVs and brand named clothing, you don't have my sympathy. If you have hungry children you're a child abuser.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Entirely funded by public donations. They don't get anything from the government or lottery.
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    She left when the children were young I think.

shouldn't she be made to pay maintenance or does that only work for fathers?
  • johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Entirely funded by public donations. They don't get anything from the government or lottery.

ah right
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I would like to give something to people like we have seen tonight, I may look elsewhere to make a small donation then( I give to food banks when I can)

Yes, most of them I'd like to give them something too...

a bloody good kick up the backside.
    Forum Member
    james_W85 wrote: »

Many absent father pay nothing towards their children. women are the same sometimes. she may be on benefits herself.
    Forum Member
    TYCO wrote: »

How is that going to help Mohamed? As I said, I am on benefits too, but if I can I would like to help them in some way, it saddens me how many of our people are living in worsening poverty.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »

If they know where she is and is working to be able to afford to pay maintenance then yes. Although she also then actually has to pay up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TYCO wrote: »

Oh, you bleeding heart liberal you...:D

Seriously, I feel like that on a daily basis for SOME people, however there are others who need an outstretched hand, not a slap in the face.
  • HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is that going to help Mohamed? As I said, I am on benefits too, but if I can I would like to help them in some way, it saddens me how many of our people are living in worsening poverty.

Mohammed was very unlucky that he got the chap from Made In Chelsea. Im sure Theo could have had a look at his finances and given him some advice. Nobody in this country should be in a position where they feel they can't even afford to eat a piece of weetabix in the morning. It has to be down to bad money management.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many absent father pay nothing towards their children. women are the same sometimes. she may be on benefits herself.

If she is the absent parent then she is liable for maintainance regardless of whether she's on benefits or not, it can be automatically taken from benefits.
    Forum Member
    If she is the absent parent then she is liable for maintainance regardless of whether she's on benefits or not, it can be automatically taken from benefits.

£5 goes nowhere though.if she is on basic benefits thats the amount it would be.

That's if they can actually find her.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We see so much of this at the c.a.b; and sadly, most of the problems are self inflicted debt or inept money management etc
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can feed a small dog for pennies a day, and the PDSA will help people for free with vet bills if they are on benefits.
    In their situation it would make far more sense to keep a pig.
    Forum Member
    Mohammed was very unlucky that he got the chap from Made In Chelsea. Im sure Theo could have had a look at his finances and given him some advice. Nobody in this country should be in a position where they feel they can't even afford to eat a piece of weetabix in the morning. It has to be down to bad money management.

I hope that someone from the BBC looked at his finances and made sure he was getting the benefits he was entitled to. i am so glad he got the voluntary job in the soup kitchen type place.