Options

Im amazed this show is still going!

MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
Forum Member
Its such a set up!

Year after year the stories emerge of talented acts being told "we are looking for more singers this year"

Then we all know that some acts are given the green light to the semi finals way before they show them making the decisions

Anything cowell related reeks of fakeness

The thing I cant work out is how they pull the wool over everyones eyes year after year??

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    People just accept it for what it is, an entertainment show. There are entertaining people doing entertaining things that people like and decide to vote for.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    All these shows are pretty fake, sometimes working out what is fake and what is genuine can be part of the fun.

If people are watching it then they are obviously getting some enjoyment out of it. Then when it's over alot of them completely forget about it. No big deal.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the influx of foreign acts :)
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a light Saturday night tv show, not an a general election.

At least for me, I couldn't care less how staged it is or how the acts got there
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the most popular of the reality tv sjpws, and the only show where you can see all different types of acts, unlike years ago when you had programmes like Sunday night at the London Palladium.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I don't think singers should be allowed on the show, that's what X factor is for, we are looking for talent, not singers, end off.
    I still enjoy watching it but another nag, there should be no foreign acts, what's the point of calling it britains got talent, when it might as well be called the worlds got talent,attraction were amazing last year but they ain't English, makes a joke of the whole programme a little bit
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the intro now, can't believe they took the old opening intro away and replaced it with a shit metal type one,

Then they waste 10 minutes of the show by showing contestants getting up in the morning and eating breakfast before going off to the audition!

Thats so fake, why would a camera be in a kids bedroom while the Mother goes in and wakes the kid up!
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too many singers...its like the xfactor 2

Are the uk not done with these reality shows?
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its such a set up!

Year after year the stories emerge of talented acts being told "we are looking for more singers this year"

Then we all know that some acts are given the green light to the semi finals way before they show them making the decisions

The thing I cant work out is how they pull the wool over everyones eyes year after year??

I'm not a cynical misery like some. I just enjoy it. End of. Couldn't give a shit about any conspiracy theory.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Its such a set up!

I'm guessing that some of the better pro acts would refuse to audition unless they were guaranteed a live show spot. Being turned down would be damaging for their careers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    I'm not a cynical misery like some. I just enjoy it. End of. Couldn't give a shit about any conspiracy theory.

Haha cynical misery don't make me laugh lol

It's my opinion it's a forum

I think the story on the DS main page re the Spanish gran just proves my point ;)
  • Options
    LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha cynical misery don't make me laugh lol

It's my opinion it's a forum

I think the story on the DS main page re the Spanish gran just proves my point ;)

No-one's making you or anyone else watch it if you don't want to. Instead of complaining about it, why don't you make a positive comment about something you do like. Positivity is always better than negativity where possible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    No-one's making you or anyone else watch it if you don't want to. Instead of complaining about it, why don't you make a positive comment about something you do like. Positivity is always better than negativity where possible.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Some people eh :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Layzeegoat wrote: »

Have you seen the majority of other BGT posts most positively dislike the show

Don't take it so seriously I'm actually a happy person sharing my opinions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you seen the majority of other BGT posts most positively dislike the show

Don't take it so seriously I'm actually a happy person sharing my opinions

There is a band of brothers on here who take pleasure in ripping it to shreds. It's their sport. They don't get out much and probably live sad lives. The programme is watched and enjoyed by millions. Do you really think these sad idiots speak for the majority?
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason the show is still on is because it gets huge ratings and is one of the most popular formats in the UK and the rest of the world. Saturday's show opened with over 11 million viewers - more than ever before for an opener, more even than for the final for the last series.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved this show until Saturday night. Enter Paddy and Nico, I've seen this pair before and knew, in advance, what would happen with regard to the dancing, breathtaking.

Paddy and Nico get into position and the act starts off slowly, camera pans onto Cowell who is rolling his eyes and (faux) yawning and then hits the buzzer. STAGED!!

I will not be swayed from my opinion that Cowell already knew about Paddy and Nico, that he put on an act to try to (unconvincingly) dupe the viewers into believing that he'd never seen this act before. Think again, Cowell, not all of the British viewing public are fools.

Paddy and Nico, winners of Spain's Got Talent in 2009? Cowell wasn't aware of this? Yeah, right. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    The reason the show is still on is because it gets huge ratings and is one of the most popular formats in the UK and the rest of the world. Saturday's show opened with over 11 million viewers - more than ever before for an opener, more even than for the final for the last series.

At the end of the day the viewing figures show that the GBP love it which is all that matters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    There is a band of brothers on here who take pleasure in ripping it to shreds. It's their sport. They don't get out much and probably live sad lives. The programme is watched and enjoyed by millions. Do you really think these sad idiots speak for the majority?

Name calling and assumptions meh
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the influx of foreign acts :)

best vote UKIP to put a stop to this. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its such a set up!

So what's your point, a sensible person with your believes wouldn't watch the show in the first place. Would they?
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think BGT and IAC are the most tired of these kinds of shows, and yet they are both still pulling the viewers in. It's possibly down the fact that they are only on for a few weeks so viewers don't have time to get fatigued over them like they do over Strictly and X Factor etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of viewers like variety shows, of which there are very few these days, and that is why BGT is so popular.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ecckles wrote: »
    So what's your point, a sensible person with your believes wouldn't watch the show in the first place. Would they?

My point is that's my opinion, I don't turn the channel to watch it. I unfortunately watch because my other half does

Its marmite, some like it and some don't and both have the right to post their opinions :)
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd love to see a genuine talent show been done with all the falseness or at least just some honesty about how the person came about auditioning, they were headhunted not following their dream of stepping out of the bedroom to perform for the first time in front of millions. Its the sheer disrespect for the audience and their level of intelligence that gets my goat.