Options

Team Changing

Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
Forum Member
Have you ever changed teams? Or have you been with the same club since you were young? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cant change teams.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    Have you ever changed teams? Or have you been with the same club since you were young? :confused:

Yeah I change them every time my new team has a bad result, I've now supported 90 out of 92 league clubs and hope to have completed the full set by the end of the season.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've supported the same team since I was three, No other team could replace my team.
  • Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    You cant change teams.

Some people do.
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    You cant change teams.

I agree, i have despaired with my team at times but you
    cannot change
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Some people do.

Glory hunters do.
  • Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,083
    Forum Member
    I supported Leeds up until I was about 6, then a mixturre of my grandad talking sense into me and seeing a certain Michael Owen on the TV led me towards Liverpool when I was properly starting to take an interest in football. Haven't changed since then 12 years on!
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to support Man Utd but nowadays I lean more towards Aston Villa.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    I used to support Man Utd but nowadays I lean more towards Aston Villa.

Indeed.... You changed within the space of 4 weeks didn't you

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=71515885&postcount=4599

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=71948388&postcount=38
  • Options
    oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many do where I live. Trust me, when arsenal last won the league you couldn't move without seeing someone in one of their shirts. I can personally name 3 people I know myself that used to wear the arsenal red but now wear man city or Chelsea shirts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    No, St Mirren till I die !

I quite like Hibs, and went to quite a few of their matches when I first moved to Edinburgh many years ago. But I soon found out that while I quite liked them, I didn't truly CARE.

I CARE about St Mirren. I laugh and cry with them, I applaud and criticise, I have plenty frustration and every so often ( like umpteen years ! ) share glorious triumphs with my fellow Buddies. They are my team !

I'd really like to know reasons why anyone has contemplated changing or even actually changed their support ?
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I change depending on which account I use and who I want to troll.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I grew up in kent so I support my local team Gillingham :D

Don't have a favourite premier league club but I do like to watch them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I supported Leeds up until I was about 6, then a mixturre of my grandad talking sense into me and seeing a certain Michael Owen on the TV led me towards Liverpool when I was properly starting to take an interest in football. Haven't changed since then 12 years on!

That's allowed :)

But, at older ages, particularly as an adult !!??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    I change depending on which account I use and who I want to troll.

Bloody hell ! Why would any troll pretend to be a Coventry City supporter ? ;-) :D
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be awful for fans of US sports teams who've supported a team for decades, only for them to move to another part of the country.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Bloody hell ! Why would any troll pretend to be a Coventry City supporter ? ;-) :D

I think that post went over your head by some distance.
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Glory hunters do.

At primary school and most of secondary school in the late 70's ad 80's I "supported" Man U, well as much as any school kid who saw the odd game on TV and lived nowhere near Manchester could. My mum couldn't drive, my dad didn't live with us, so living where I did it was the best I could do.

Then I went to a live game at the local league club with a school mate. And that changed everything.

So Mr David Keates, thank you for putting my on the path of an adult lifetime of mainly misery following Swindon Town, just before Manchester United's most successful period in history :)

Actually I wouldn't have it any other way now. The highs and lows I've gone through in my opinion aren't any less good or bad than being a fan of any premiership club. And I kind of resent the way the Prem has spoiled the game in many respects - at least for the lower leagues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »

It's the perfect alibi!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote: »
    I think that post went over your head by some distance.

I assure you that it didn't :) ( the wink was a slight clue ).

I nearly always like celesti's take on things.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I grew up in kent so I support my local team Gillingham :D

Don't have a favourite premier league club but I do like to watch them

As a Notts County fan I will point out that I also support my local team as I grew up there

I used to wear Liverpool shirts when I was young though
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member

I haven't changed team exactly. I'm Scottish and was brought up as a Rangers and Scotland supporter. At that time Rangers winning the league was a near certainty because Celtic were in a mess and there were no other real challengers so I quickly lost interest. Added to this I come from a part of the world where sectarianism is (or was) still quite prominent and showed itself through football more than anything else which is something I never really wanted to be around.

At around age 14 I got more interested in the premier league because it was a closer competition. I didn't have a team to support so just watched as a neutral and liked Spurs, Derby and Man City because of the players they had mainly.

Now I like Spurs above any other English team but apart from that I tend to want the outsider to win any contest and I might also favour a team who I thought played better football. So my allegiances change from contest to contest although I have a slight bias for Spurs. I still consider myself a Rangers supporter although I haven't even watched any of their games for years. My number 1 team would be the Scotland national team though.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cant change teams.

Jamie Carragher
    Steve Mcmanaman
    Robbie Fowler
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Yeah I change them every time my new team has a bad result, I've now supported 90 out of 92 league clubs and hope to have completed the full set by the end of the season.

Don't be such a mug, Tel.