Which is the biggest club in the world?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think because of their huge world wide support i'd have to say Manchester United.
  • Barry WilsonBarry Wilson Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borussia Dortmund had the second largest attendance average after Barcelona last season.
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    City and Chelsea aren't even bigger than Arsenal never mind any others on the list. In England it's a straight fight between Liverpool and United based on trophies, history and fan base with Arsenal next but some distance behind based on the same factors. Outside of England it has to be Real Madrid, although they are lurking in the Barca shadow at the moment they tick all the boxes for what makes a big club.

Well it depends what you define as big - in a way you could argue that MC are bigger than Arsenal cos the best players mainly choose to go there now and many Arsenal players have left A for MC - altho we all know why that is. But if i was a City fan I'd put up a case for my club - so where are the City fans on this thread? Well thats just it isn't it - they do not really have the same volume of support as some other clubs altho obviously they do have many devoted fans who have gone through years of hurt before their recent good run so fair play to them for that.

I do tend to agree with you that of British teams really for the best two it has to be Liverpool and United - but it all so subjective and fans of other clubs would disagree i am sure.

The poster who dissed Liverpool fans - you are out of order tbh - altho personally as a Liverpool fan I would not be so bold as to claim we are the biggest club. Thing is tho with 5 EC wins that is 2 more than any other British club and we do have a massive fan base so those two facts give us a bit of a claim and when we do eventually win the PL there will be an awful lot of very happy people all over the world - so continental fans may still hold us in the highest regard. However looking back on where we were a year ago it is good we got Hicks, Gillett and Hodgson out of our club as if they had stayed we were well on the way to becoming just another club. Thank goodness for Kenny Dalglish and the other high calibre people who have come in during the last 12 months.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd be hard pressed to look being Madrid, United and Barcelona - in whichever order you want. Money, support,history, legacy, style, appeal, trophies, relevance...

They are the Nike, McDonalds and Coca-Cola of the football world.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Borussia Dortmund had the second largest attendance average after Barcelona last season.
    With many season tickets there only costing £200 I'm not suprised, would be great if it cost that much here.