Options

Can someone help me change the forum inline spellchecker to English GB?

AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
Forum Member
✭✭
Any time I try to write posts the forum's inline spell checker underlines many words in red suggesting the American spelling of the word.

Can anybody tell me how I can fix this so that forum posts accept UK English as the first choice spelling please?

Comments

• Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most software including vbulletin are American. I don't think there is an option to change is there?
  • Options
    drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even know there was a spell checker... I'll have to investigate now.

*checks*

Oh it's this iespell thing that you have to download?
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the OP is using Firefox browser then that's it's built-in spell checker.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-use-firefox-spell-checker

You can disable it or change to British english spelling, info in above link.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drykid wrote: »
    I didn't even know there was a spell checker... I'll have to investigate now.

*checks*

Oh it's this iespell thing that you have to download?

If it's iespell than you just have to open it and go into Settings. Then select 'English (UK)'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it'll be browser rather than forum that's doing it. As mentioned get the English dictionary extension for Firefox.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses.

I'm using Opera.
    But to be honest I think it may be my system itself.
    It keeps trying to suggest to me to use the American spelling for so many words.
    And I'm being honest here I think it's starting to teach me how to spell badly.
    The computer is literally teaching me how to be a worse speller than I used to be before.

By the way I apologise (Oh look, there goes another spelling correction suggestion) if this is the wrong forum to post this question as the only other DS forum that may be appropriate appears to be designed to deal with particular software or specific programs.
    So I don't mind if this thread is moved if I'm asking in the wrong place.

Edit: Just checked, it's the same problem with Firefox too.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any time I try to write posts the forum's inline spell checker underlines many words in red suggesting the American spelling of the word.

Can anybody tell me how I can fix this so that forum posts accept UK English as the first choice spelling please?

Tools -> options -> content and then the bottom one.

Edit: Okay, you're using Opera. Just ignore the above then.