Comments

• divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the absolute f*ck?
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liking the guest line up, however would prefer if the panels were sitting down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love my country. After seeing this, I'm compelled to reassess.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only seven more episodes to go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Love My Country is kind of like a crap, downmarket version of I Love My Country, isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know, I didn't think Saturday night telly could ever get worse than 'Red Or Black', but.........
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, harmless fun, the celebs certainly gave it their all.
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #ILMC thread seems to be slamming the show, saying its the worst thing they've ever seen. Not sure if it's just me here but personally, I really enjoyed it. Decent guests...good host...and basically just good old fashioned family Saturday evening entertainment. Put it this way, I thought it was ok, my wife thought it was ok and our 7 year old boy thought it was ok. That's good enough for me that that time of day.

Not everything on TV needs to be high brow or high class surely??
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edit - removed
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    #ILMC thread seems to be slamming the show, saying its the worst thing they've ever seen. Not sure if it's just me here but personally, I really enjoyed it. Decent guests...good host...and basically just good old fashioned family Saturday evening entertainment. Put it this way, I thought it was ok, my wife thought it was ok and our 7 year old boy thought it was ok. That's good enough for me that that time of day.

I am with you on this one, I initially started watching it thinking wtf? But then as it got into its stride it was entertaining certainly the guests made the difference and there is something oddly fascinating about Gabby Logan enjoying herself cosidering how serious she has to be in her day job. I think this is one that will grow, the beeb is investing in Saturday night prime time again, I am particularly looking forward to That Puppet Show.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was filmed back in December and is only now being broadcast at the height of summer.

I WONDER WHY THAT IS
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    i thought it was good. nothing amazing but i laughed a few times especially with passing around the 'explosive' box. there's worse shows out there. the moaners should stop crying because it probably wont come back for a second series anyway so need to lose your marbles.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    This was filmed back in December and is only now being broadcast at the height of summer.

I WONDER WHY THAT IS

Meaning?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member

I totally agree! Easy watching good entertainment ! That's what people want and that's what it gave !
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree! Easy watching good entertainment ! That's what people want and that's what it gave !

So we're you on this mind altering mess as as scumlebrity or in the rather bored audience.:p
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    Meaning?:confused:

They recorded it in December, intending it to be a rating winner, realised it was crap, and are then broadcasting it at the height of summer in order to try and justify killing it off because everyone is outside, not inside watching TV.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member

That's the problem though. I've nothing against harmless, bland family entertainment but there is so much of it and it is almost impossible to find anything intelligent on the TV any more, especially now that Hannibal has finished.
  • LeeBoy19LeeBoy19 Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I guess someone had to like it.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering the title and format there doesn't appear to be many 'ethnic' people in the audience does there?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If by high class, you mean good quality...

Well, considering we're paying the BBC nearly four billion pounds a year, (that's £4,000,000,000 in real money) I think that's the least we could expect.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't watched it but after seeing Chelsee on Pointless I'm sure they will have had to feed her any answers .
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Considering the title and format there doesn't appear to be many 'ethnic' people in the audience does there?

I don't know. I don't go out of my way to spot ethnics. I just accept everyone on an equal basis therefore I wouldn't notice if the audience was black white or indigo. I don't get people like you, who seem to be delberately checking for ethnics in order to say that a show about Britain where the majority is still white is not representative of a true society!
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I don't know. I don't go out of my way to spot ethnics. I just accept everyone on an equal basis therefore I wouldn't notice if the audience was black white or indigo. I don't get people like you, who seem to be delberately checking for ethnics in order to say that a show about Britain where the majority is still white is not representative of a true society!

Well Britain is supposed to be multi cultured yet the only non white British person on the entire show so far has been the singer with the band. I just wonder whether there's a reason that ethnic minority Britains may be put off going on this show. The only thing it would represent to me is that white British are more inherently proud of their country and it's traditions than non white groups. I'm sure this isn't true but when you see an entire white British audience on a show about being proud to be British it does kind of send out the wrong signals.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Well Britain is supposed to be multi cultured yet the only non white British person on the entire show so far has been the singer with the band. I just wonder whether there's a reason that ethnic minority Britains may be put off going on this show. The only thing it would represent to me is that white British are more inherently proud of their country and it's traditions than non white groups. I'm sure this isn't true but when you see an entire white British audience on a show about being proud to be British it does kind of send out the wrong signals.

You didn't see Chelsee Healey on last night's show then?

I gave this another chance and it's not really that awful, its just goes on about a third too long.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

I think that's self-evident, tbh.