Options

The Oaks Daily Thread - Peri suffers a shocking accident - 21/03/14

winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
Forum Member
✭✭
Evening Oaksters :)

Spoilers
Danny thinks he has persuaded Peri not to tell Sam about him and John Paul, but they soon end up in an argument in the village at the top of the city steps.

A desperate Danny blocks Peri's way, trying to stop her getting to Sam. As she turns to walk away, Peri passes out and tumbles down the concrete stairs. Having seen everything, Leela rushes to her sister's aid.

Meanwhile, Nancy can't stop thinking of John Paul as she takes over his job at Hollyoaks High. Her first day doesn't start well when her first class includes Robbie Roscoe, but she gets the upper hand over the mouthy teen.

Elsewhere, Leela gets roped into covering for Ste at The Hutch while he goes and tells John Paul his true feelings.

Dunno what to think about today's episode. It doesn't sounds bad but the Ste & JP thing might be cringe but I guess time will tell :)

Comments

• Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEBATE TIME!

Last week the question was, What One Character Would You Axe?

The winner was....
    xNATILLYx

How could you ask such a question? :o:o:oHow can i pick one person? :p

God its harder to pick one person than debate it. I would like to pick Fraser because he murdered my Jim but at least he has different storyline strands going on.

So i would choose Sonny. Pointless bringing him back other than to stir trouble and get an exit for Theresa. They couldn't get any of the Valentine's back including Devon so had to recast. They have bought back a boring , wooden actor who is nothing special. He is there to provide eye candy though from a personal point of view i don't think he is attractive. He has already wormed his way in getting with Carmel , even when she has only just lost her fiance. He is also ruining Jim's legacy by not telling Carmel he knows Jim was innocent just to get in her pants. He also randomly gets involved with the gangster rubbish and other police matters yet doesn't actually do anything. I actually don't get the point of him at all , other than to get with Carmel , maybe do something police related and being a relative of Kathleen-Angel. When was he last onscreen other than the random pop up a few days ago.
    At least other characters i hate such as Fraser , Grace , Sinead & Mercedes have more connections on screen and actually have things to do even if it is gangster rubbish and sleeping around. Sonny is pointless.

Congratulations! :)
  • Options
    SamL94SamL94 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Robbie now because he is going to get stick from some of John Paul's friends over his changed statement.

He tried doing the right thing (by changing the statement) but now people close to John Paul are going to dislike him even more.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Winter hello Oaksters
    Yesterday made me really annoyed at HO so I'm hoping they will get back on track because I had been really enjoying it recently.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening winter ;-)

Hello there Oaksters :D
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    SamL94 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Robbie now because he is going to get stick from some of John Paul's friends over his changed statement.

He tried doing the right thing (by changing the statement) but now people close to John Paul are going to dislike him even more.

Considering all Robbie did to JP, I don't think that is that big of a price to pay.
  • Options
    Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking about it Peri does look like a mini Sienna with her evil glare:D
  • Options
    mrchimpmrchimp Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of Fraser 'interviewing' for a right hand man.

And Nancy got her new job quickly!

edit: And Robbie seems to have learnt his lesson after all...ffs
  • Options
    SamL94SamL94 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Considering all Robbie did to JP, I don't think that is that big of a price to pay.
    I understand that he was very wrong to treat JP how he did. But he didn't commit the rape, and now he is trying to put it right in some way.

Unfortunately for JP and Robbie, Finn has other ideas >:(
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    I know they want to keep Robbie as a bad boy, but just one day after feeling guilty enough to do the right thing, which then blew up in his face, he is acting like none of that happened. He did that once before, do they have different writers that doesn't know what the other is doing?

Man! JP has only been in jail one night, what will he look like if he serves the whole sentence?!

Why did Nancy take the job? I remember the scene yesterday, but can't remember her taking it. That's a bit disrespectful to JP, it's not like she needed the job and she isn't holding it until JP comes back, he attacked a student. But I did like her taking down Robbie, I hope that continues to happen.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JP needs to be released from prison and everyone finds out what Finn did because JP plucks up the courage.
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrchimp wrote: »

I think the new right hand man will have a more intensive interview/skills based test than Nancy did for her teaching post!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would JP really look that rough after one night in jail? At this rate, he'll be dead in prison by Monday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that Trevor's "Exit Interview"?
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Peri is Sienna's daughter, Patrick not recognising her is really stretching it.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nancy has teaching experience and is out of work. School can't wait. It'd be either her or a supply teacher.
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    If Peri is Sienna's daughter, Patrick not recognising her is really stretching it.

He gave her away when she was a baby via third party, I dont see how he would recognise her:confused:
  • Options
    mrchimpmrchimp Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remind me why Robbie is still going along with the 'JP abused you' story? The courage to do the right thing left him after an evening?
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Poor Peri :( Poor JP :(

I love Nancy! She's awesome.

I know Robbie couldn't do anything at the time, really. But surely he could retract his statement now? How could Finn even find out?

I'm really enjoying Tom and Peri's little thing. Its cute and believable. Both are great little actors too.
  • Options
    vixj83vixj83 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    It's sick, Robbie should have been able to set that fake letter straight within about 5 mins.
    All he has to do is be honest and threaten Finn with his big brothers.
    Also can't believe Nancy has automatically believed the lie over JP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nancy rocks! She probably is more suited to teaching than JP who seems to passive to function since the bullying started. However, Nancy would never believe the lie over JP, especially after JP supported Nancy throughout the Sienna thing. More horrible writing.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Would JP really look that rough after one night in jail? At this rate, he'll be dead in prison by Monday.

I thought he looked quite hot. :blush:
    Remind me why Robbie is still going along with the 'JP abused you' story? The courage to do the right thing left him after an evening?

Plus, he practically just admitted to Nancy it was all his fault so why didn't she jump on that and encourage him to go to the authorities? - or do it herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vixj83 wrote: »
    It's sick, Robbie should have been able to set that fake letter straight within about 5 mins.
    All he has to do is be honest and threaten Finn with his big brothers.
    Also can't believe Nancy has automatically believed the lie over JP.
    I know I should suspend disbelief and it's for story but it's really annoying/depressing me that someone can be sentenced with an unsubstantiated and unverified witness statement.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peri's reaction to finding out her dad was bisexual was so good, it's not a situation that many people would go through & I though her attitude of her Dad and Mum being so important to her & "Daddy, don't be gay" were fantastic as she cried he heart out. Really great acting. Much better story than Danny lying to her and her buying it.

Good episode apart from the convenient falling down the stairs before anyone found out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The young lady who plays Peri is very good. Feel horrible for her about the fall.
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie :D

Nancy :D

Danny >:(

Tom :D

Ste :D

JP :D

Grace >:(

Kind of sums up my feelings on that episode.