• Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey another one!
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another incredibly sad loss.

Fabulous band. Saw them live a few years ago - like one massive party. Great memories.

RIP.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not another one :(
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute legend whose songs shaped my lifelong musical taste.

What a terrible start to the year when it comes to losing true stars 😥
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't even aware that he was diagnosed with Parkinson's in the 90's. May he RIP :(
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderfully talented man. Such a terrible loss.

RIP.
  • jamiesdjamiesd Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolute Legend

Great Songwriter and Performer

Rest in peace
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on, no, one of my favourite groups:( Also lost Dave Mirra today, more obscure for those who never followed X-game stuff but terrible for those that do :(
  • hornbeamhornbeam Posts: 9,483
    Forum Member
    Rip Maurice

I have always loved the music of Earth Wind and Fire - timeless and beautiful they are x
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 74. The biblical three score years and ten,[70] all the recent deaths have been in that region, very worrying for those of us in the same bracket.
  • PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Maurice. Your music lives on in our hearts. I hope you are Boogie-ing in Wonderland where it is always September.
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truly saddened to hear of his passing. Have always been a big EW&F fan and so many of their wonderful songs always bring back very happy memories from the 70's & 80's for me, including my first love ('Reasons') and my sister's wedding ('September').

My all-time favourite track, however, is 'Boogie Wonderland' - it's such a happy, joyous song which never fails to lift my spirits when i'm feeling down. I played it (loudly) earlier in his honour and danced like no one was watching (no one was - apart from my four kittens, who all looked rather bemused!)

RIP Maurice and thank you so very much for the music xx
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many happy memories of dancing around to EWF tracks through the years and hearing their music takes me back to those carefree days. Always a fun band who seemed to love what they were doing and brought so much joy to so many discos and parties.

RIP Maurice - a very talented man
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Only 74. The biblical three score years and ten,[70] all the recent deaths have been in that region, very worrying for those of us in the same bracket.

Poor old Frey, Rickman and Bowie didn't get there and Lemmy only did by about a day :o