Options

Desperate Housewives - Season 7 US PACE with spoilers

Comments

• Options
    labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the baby storyline is going to be a season-long storyline? I hope not, I won't be able to handle all the mystery with Paul Young returning aswell!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Desperate Housewives returns to television in September and with things being revealed for the new season, why not start a discussion already.

Here are the things happening next season

Vanessa Williams is joining the show as a series regular as Renee Filmore-Jones, an old college friend and rival of Lynette. She will be joined by her husband Keith however they have no children but have a secret

Paul young is back of course and is joined by a new wife and will be the centre of season 7's mystery.

Kyle McLachlan who plays Orson is not returning as a series regular but returns for an episode or two to wrap his storyline up.

Kendall Applegate who originally played Lynette's daughter Penny in season 5 and 6 has been re cast.

Tuc watkins who plays Bob has been upgraded from guest star to Series regular.

Plus a family will learn that one of their children is not actually there's.

Did a new family ever arrive on Wisteria Lane without a deep dark secret?:)

Lots to look forwards to, just finished last season and really enjoyed it. Are Susan and Mike back and any word on Katherine and Darla?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saturn5 wrote: »
    Did a new family ever arrive on Wisteria Lane without a deep dark secret?:)

Lots to look forwards to, just finished last season and really enjoyed it. Are Susan and Mike back and any word on Katherine and Darla?

I think Dana Delany ( katherine) left to start ina pilot for anew show, Body of Proof, which I believe has been picked up as a series so don't think she'll be back.

ooh, just found this from her site from May
    As everyone already knows, Dana's new TV pilot for Body Of Proof has been picked up as a new series by ABC!

The cast also includes Jeri Ryan, John Carroll Lynch, Nicholas Bishop, Geoffrey Arend, Sonja Sohn, and Windell Middlebrooks.

A good synopis can be read at thefutoncritic.com

It's yet to be determined how this affects Dana's continued participation in Desperate Housewives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dana's left the show, but she said she'd be willing to return if the oppurtunity arises.
  • Options
    rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame Dana has left the show,i didn't like her much to start with but i think she's great now.

I'm not really overly happy at the return of Paul Young but glad his return also signals the return of Felicia Tillman as i loved her!

I wont really miss Ana (is it Ana?) Gabi and Carlos's niece? So am not too bothered she's going.

I hope that the new family stay in it for more than one season, its better when they stay on after the mystery is resolved (Orson, Katherine) rather than just one series (Dave Williams, Angie Bolen etc) but i've heard a rumour Dave Williams might be back for an episode in the next series as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rodenboy wrote: »
    It's a shame Dana has left the show,i didn't like her much to start with but i think she's great now.

I'm not really overly happy at the return of Paul Young but glad his return also signals the return of Felicia Tillman as i loved her!

I wont really miss Ana (is it Ana?) Gabi and Carlos's niece? So am not too bothered she's going.

I hope that the new family stay in it for more than one season, its better when they stay on after the mystery is resolved (Orson, Katherine) rather than just one series (Dave Williams, Angie Bolen etc) but i've heard a rumour Dave Williams might be back for an episode in the next series as well.

Yeah, loved her on Fraiser. Would like to see Paul and his son make up but he needs to pay for killing Mrs Hoober
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I hope the season mystery is good. The last two mysteries have been ok, but not that great. I find the sub plots more gripping like Eddie being the killer, Katherine going all nutty and Bree being conned by her supposed Step son.

I love how Dh always goes to storylines from the past. I always wondered when they were gonna revisit Andrew hitting Gabby mum in law. I wonder how Gabby's reaction will be as she hated her mum in law but it is Carlo's mum after all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I thought The eco-terrorist plot was really interesting, no other show has really potrayed this topic..
    As for the baby mix up- it can't be penny, she is being recast, -
    I think it is Julie Mayer. Or Junnatia Soils.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if it was one of gabby's. She's mainly been doing comedic storyline. She needs a good dramatic one

Plus like i said, the re cast could be for a new penny to have an actress who can take on the role better. Her being re cast is a poor excuse for her not to be the one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if it was one of gabby's. She's mainly been doing comedic storyline. She needs a good dramatic one

Plus like i said, the re cast could be for a new penny to have an actress who can take on the role better. Her being re cast is a poor excuse for her not to be the one.

I will be disappointed if it is anyone BUT Penny now. We've already had to deal with Lynette's kids being recast once already (Although Penny barely counted.) I dont want to have to get used to another one!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes it would be good seeing Gaby tackle a dramatic storyline, but her reaction to the Bree confession might deal with that aspect already, we dont know how she will react!
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    It will be Lynette's child that is the swapped one. Gulp.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    I don't think it will be Penny. The whole point of the storyline is to see the transition of giving one child away for another, I'd presume? If Penny has already been recast for next season then the show will have to skip forward with Lynette dealing with losing the child already and gaining another.

I think it will be MJ, as he doesn't really look like he belongs to Mike and Susan, his hair is way too blonde for them, considering Susan is quite dark.

Since both the Solis girls are quite large, then it would be unlikely one of them got swapped, also Gabby has already been through a similar scenario in series three with the eggs being mixed and of course her trying to adopt in series 2..so she's had enough baby drama.

There is always the option it could be one of Bree's children, but it would only make more impact if it was Andrew, as Danielle is hardly in it nowadays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew W wrote: »
    I don't think it will be Penny. The whole point of the storyline is to see the transition of giving one child away for another, I'd presume? If Penny has already been recast for next season then the show will have to skip forward with Lynette dealing with losing the child already and gaining another.

I think it will be MJ, as he doesn't really look like he belongs to Mike and Susan, his hair is way too blonde for them, considering Susan is quite dark.

Since both the Solis girls are quite large, then it would be unlikely one of them got swapped, also Gabby has already been through a similar scenario in series three with the eggs being mixed and of course her trying to adopt in series 2..so she's had enough baby drama.

There is always the option it could be one of Bree's children, but it would only make more impact if it was Andrew, as Danielle is hardly in it nowadays.

I think with Penny being recast most people assume the child is going to be Penny. But then again Lynette has had drama involving her children in the last series and she will have the new baby so I'm not sure giving this storyline to her is really the best idea!

I hope it will be Gabby as I love Eva and I do agree she will fab at handling a serious storyline!

Then again, if it was Andrew that would also be interesting considering the state of her relationship with him! Then again we have just had this whole business with her 'step son' so I doubt it. Plus it wouldn't be as dramatic seeing as his dad is dead and Danielle isn't in it so it would affect less characters.

I guess we shall just have to wait and find out really!
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's going to be MJ or one of Gabi's daughters as the emotional fallout will be more severe. It would be pointless having it be Andrew or one of the older teens, as he is an adult and knows his own mind.

Also, we don't know why the baby was swapped. Was the real child born with some really bad disease and the father convinces the nurse to swap the baby for a healthy one? This could leave it open for the other parents who may now have a very sick child or even a dead one (I really, really hope not :cry:), wanting "their" child back. This would make it all the more difficult if it was a younger child, than an older one but it might make it more difficult to watch as well. MJ is a bit of a sh!te actor (I know he's just a kid but I find him irritating :o) but I think Gabi's older daughter could pull it off.

It's pretty weird for a nurse to be involved in swapping a baby and I just hope they handle it better than that awful story in Coronation Street, where they dragged it out for ages and then just forgot about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brian Austin green is joining the show for a few episodes. I said in a previous post as Renee;s husband but it isn't.

Apparently Paul young's wife is the one with the secret, not him as such but of course he has a direct link to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't it be amazing if it was Zach and Andrew that got swapped, especially taking into account the knowledge that the producers want Cody Kasch (Sp??) to come back in the latter half of the series.

They are the same age roughly, and as far as i can recall, we have no idea where Bree used to live before she moved onto Wisteria Lane. She could have still been a resident of Fairview.

That outcome, or the Penny one, are the only ones i will be happy with.

Rumour also has it that Teri Hatcher is in talks with producers to get Cheryl Cole to guest star in 3 episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be amazing if it was Zach and Andrew that got swapped, especially taking into account the knowledge that the producers want Cody Kasch (Sp??) to come back in the latter half of the series.

They are the same age roughly, and as far as i can recall, we have no idea where Bree used to live before she moved onto Wisteria Lane. She could have still been a resident of Fairview.

Rumour also has it that Teri Hatcher is in talks with producers to get Cheryl Cole to guest star in 3 episodes.

That would be quite interesting actually! Scenes with Bree and Andrew after they found out would just be amazing!

I actually hope it isn't Penny to be honest. I would rather it be one of Gabby's children.

I read an article about the Cheryl Cole thing too! I hope it is just a rumour though. I'm not a huge fan of Cheryl Cole's singing and this maybe be unfair but I doubt her acting will be any better!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I read seven episodes (sorry to be picky) but let's be real, Cheryl Cole on Desperate housewives i can't see that happening. I mean the only reason why it works so well Susan Boyle is on Glee because she sings and Glee and Music of course are the huge connection

Desperate Housewives could do with a british housewives. Nicollette Sheridan has a british background but not the accent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read seven episodes (sorry to be picky) but let's be real, Cheryl Cole on Desperate housewives i can't see that happening. I mean the only reason why it works so well Susan Boyle is on Glee because she sings and Glee and Music of course are the huge connection

Desperate Housewives could do with a british housewives. Nicollette Sheridan has a british background but not the accent.

50% of me thinks the Cheryl rumour would be amazing, 50% of me thinks it would be awful. Quite frankly, after the huge fail that was Ian Hainsworth (Dougray Scott) i'd rather have the show full of Americans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The actress playing Paul's wife is british. So the wife could be british or she might have to do an american accent

I looked the actress up on Wiki and she is from Milton Keynes. She's done a number of things on american tele such as Medium, The good wife, ER, Gilmore girls.

Emily Bergyl her name is

Oh and Susan is getting an enemy this season apparently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just read that Andrea Bowen (Julie Mayer) is not returning as a main character in S7, instead will be a guest star every so often :(

Dannielle Van De Kamp is back in an episode this series as well!
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep and David Cameron will be running naked round Trafalgar Square tomorrow too! :D

The papers do make up a load of rubbish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I was just watching the start of the season where it jumps five years and was thinking about the child swap storyline. You know the crash Mike and Susan have? They make a big thing about Susan having MJ at the same time as the other lady who dies in the car crash (along with the child). They go into detail about how Susan and MJ nearly bump into this lady and her child a couple of times and how they were born at the same time! Could MJ be the child that was swapped? The other child was a girl though so I could be wrong?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think that they've recast Penny for someone who looks more like her actual biological mother.