13»

Comments

• Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    David Axelrod is well worth all that money they are paying him :D

Yes indeed. It is reminiscent of the million and one pics of Obama eating hot dogs on his campaign trail. Hey it worked for Obama so it's bound to work for Miliband. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can just imagine Axelrod now

" Hey Ed I've got this brilliant idea , lets a photo op of our first Jewish PM eating a bacon sarnie , it will go down well"

Especially with the Muslim electorate.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can just imagine Axelrod now

" Hey Ed I've got this brilliant idea , lets a photo op of our first Jewish PM eating a bacon sarnie , it will go down well"

According to Wiki, Axelrod is Jewish himself.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I am enjoying this story:

The Standard have 13 photos from the sandwich incident.

But the best bit they interviewed the cafe owner:
    Labour’s leader chatted warmly with cafe owner Tony Foufas, who proudly mention that his son Christo is an LBC radio presenter. Alas, the Labour leader had not heard of him.

Later, Mr Foufas revealed he was not inclined to vote Labour. “I find the Conservatives are more pro-business,” he told the Standard.

Axelrod is heading home.

ETA: a picture of Ed Miliband walking i could be wrong but i think there is something wrong with the way he walks.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    The thread title nearly made me faint :(

Well I thought he has a face only suited to radio maybe that is as well.
  • Options
    The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    The most important thing we need to know is whether he had tomato or brown sauce. Such things are a measure of a man.
    GinaH wrote: »
    His constituents would not expect anything other than brown sauce.
    Unfortunately he did eat the bacon sandwich with tomato sauce and compounded the gaffe by admitting he didn't know what brown sauce was though still insisting brown sauce was doing a good job for bacon sandwiches in Swindon and throughout the country.
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    The Turk wrote: »
    Unfortunately he did eat the bacon sandwich with tomato sauce and compounded the gaffe by admitting he didn't know what brown sauce was though still insisting brown sauce was doing a good job for bacon sandwiches in Swindon and throughout the country.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opps.. from Guido:

"Surely Ed’s afternoon trip to Doncaster to campaign on zero-hour contracts can’t possibly go wrong? He better ignore the fact that Labour-run Doncaster council employs 300 people on zero-hour contracts, mind. "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Opps.. from Guido:

"Surely Ed’s afternoon trip to Doncaster to campaign on zero-hour contracts can’t possibly go wrong? He better ignore the fact that Labour-run Doncaster council employs 300 people on zero-hour contracts, mind. "

:D:D:D
  • Options
    AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »

i thought this commen on there was funny

"reminds me of the baddie in Men In Black"

:D

I wonder if his head actually opens at the side, and there is a little marxist rodent from Planet Unite pulling all the cogs and leavers. Far fetched I know, but it explains so much
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Grant Shapps is honest about his lack of knowledge of Swindon politicis:
    http://order-order.com/2014/05/21/watch-shapps-doesnt-know-the-name-of-swindon-tory-leader/

However he really should have looked it up as it was an obvious question.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm late catching up with this story, but here's the link for anyone who missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUDgDTii1oc&feature=youtu.be

Ed really is the the political sketch writers gift who keeps giving.

You'd have thought someone would throw the poor man a life belt...
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I have now seen a video of Ed eating the sandwich.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    I have now seen a video of Ed eating the sandwich.

The men in white coats will be round soon to take you to safe place so you can recover :D
  • Options
    Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Ed Miliband exposes himself'

Lord help us!

:D
  • Options
    Barney_BarnesBarney_Barnes Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Ed Miliband is a walking talking disaster. Who in their right mind could trust this man to run the country? If he can't even be bothered to do research about the things he is supposed to be talking about, how is he going to cope with the complexities of Government? Is he incompetent, or just lazy?
    All we here from him are negative attacks on the coalition, very little about what he intends to do, just spouts populist sound bites, and rubbish.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Miliband is a walking talking disaster. Who in their right mind could trust this man to run the country? If he can't even be bothered to do research about the things he is supposed to be talking about, how is he going to cope with the complexities of Government? Is he incompetent, or just lazy?
    All we here from him are negative attacks on the coalition, very little about what he intends to do, just spouts populist sound bites, and rubbish.

I think his heart is in the right place and truly believes he can do this job.
    but just like Gordon Brown he misses the Charisma and basically BS to pull it off.
    His Brother is a master of BS he had Heir of Blair written all over him.

I don't think Ed will ever recover from not seeing things changing on the Economic front not really having new Directions to take and running silent for what 8 weeks?
    It was a complete disaster and that's when the Tories started catching up in the polls because the media were having nothing but good news stories.

What I suspect might happen after tomorrow Ed is going to Claim as labour didn't listen to people last time he takes the message people are fedup of the EU and will promise an in out Referendum within 12 months of a labour Government. It might sound daft at the moment But I suspect he is going to use a stonking UKIP victory to try and repair that abortion of an EU policy he spewed out some weeks ago.