Options

Help please - why was I banned?

13»

Comments

• Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rio PM me a couple of weeks ago saying I wasn't popular. Take about preaching from your own book.
  • Options
    mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should have a message in your private messages on your control panel for this forum.

I have been banned twice but that I think is partly because most of my posts are in current affairs and also controversial subjects but I feel that most of them are due to people not understanding the subject and hitting a nerve with them so they reported me.

The first time I was banned I was told I was banned because my post was insensitive. It was on a thread about a boy that his parents poisoned him and he died of malnourishment. Someone asked how a parent could do it and I mentioned that some parents have Munchausen's syndrome and that it was the same as what happens with abortion. The second time I got banned I was told my message was homophobic. It was just before the winter Olympics when Putin said that homosexuals are welcome as long as they don't touch children. People were saying what he said was homophobic and I pointed out it wasn't because he said they were welcome and they are only not welcome if they are paedophiles and in Russia under communism they weren't allowed to criticise their government and now that they are allowed to they come up with crazy theories like Putin being a shape shifting lizard from an undiscovered planet and because they are so drunk on their freedom to criticise that they actually believe it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    mseven1 wrote: »
    You should have a message in your private messages on your control panel for this forum.

I have been banned twice but that I think is partly because most of my posts are in current affairs and also controversial subjects but I feel that most of them are due to people not understanding the subject and hitting a nerve with them so they reported me.

The first time I was banned I was told I was banned because my post was insensitive. It was on a thread about a boy that his parents poisoned him and he died of malnourishment. Someone asked how a parent could do it and I mentioned that some parents have Munchausen's syndrome and that it was the same as what happens with abortion. The second time I got banned I was told my message was homophobic. It was just before the winter Olympics when Putin said that homosexuals are welcome as long as they don't touch children. People were saying what he said was homophobic and I pointed out it wasn't because he said they were welcome and they are only not welcome if they are paedophiles and in Russia under communism they weren't allowed to criticise their government and now that they are allowed to they come up with crazy theories like Putin being a shape shifting lizard from an undiscovered planet and because they are so drunk on their freedom to criticise that they actually believe it.

Errr, OK.

And holding Russia up as some bastion of freedom doesn't exactly help your credibility. It may be slightly more free than under Communism, but it most certainly is not a free, democratic society even today. And become a heavy critic of the government and if you are a Russian citizen, see where it gets you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you haven't sent a private message to me
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah... 'Cos those views aren't purposely controversial at all. Wonder why you got banned for them.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Rio might be inactive now but I bet his crush on stoatie isn't...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hopefully it won't be permanent. And those two can be together again <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. It is nice to see friendships being formed on Digital Spy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't be permanent. And those two can be together again <3

I bet stoat is regretting playing hard to get now that Rio is banned again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet stoat is regretting playing hard to get now that Rio is banned again...

I know, he was clearly trying to be a bad boy. Took advice from Mike I heard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rio sounded a bit cross...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Poor Stoatie, misses out on forum love again :(
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Y
    but I feel that most of them are due to people not understanding the subject and hitting a nerve with them

Yeah, it's clearly down to other people not understanding the subject...
    The second time I got banned I was told my message was homophobic. It was just before the winter Olympics when Putin said that homosexuals are welcome as long as they don't touch children. People were saying what he said was homophobic and I pointed out it wasn't because he said they were welcome and they are only not welcome if they are paedophiles
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Silly silly silly goose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    Yeah, it's clearly down to other people not understanding the subject...

Clearly! :D
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    All pillar boxes are red but not all red things are pillar boxes.

Nice.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

Forgive me, I am a bad person. :p
  • Options
    mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Errr, OK.

And holding Russia up as some bastion of freedom doesn't exactly help your credibility. It may be slightly more free than under Communism, but it most certainly is not a free, democratic society even today. And become a heavy critic of the government and if you are a Russian citizen, see where it gets you.

This kind of proves what I was saying, people who are not in Russia or not aware of it don't take in to account that most people who make claims like the government in Russia are all part of the mafia that don't allow criticism of their government or shape shifting lizards are crazy conspiracy theorists that have no proof of their claims or are just plain crazy.
    stv viewer wrote: »
    you haven't sent a private message to me

No, Digital spy would have
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

Don't get it
This discussion has been closed.