Options

PSN Titsup?

The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,415
Forum Member
✭✭
My PS3 Slim can connect to the PSN but my PS3 cant, WipeoutHD on the PS3 now thinks it is a demo, i cant play the single player of MW2 and my clock has gone mentalist even though i set it right 2 days ago.

Comments

• Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    Same here.

Can't play anything brought from the PSN store, Trophy games can't boot up and even PS3 paid for themes are corrupted!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking on GAF its world wide as well, it is odd that my 120GB PS3 slim can still get on though :confused:
  • Options
    ianmac40ianmac40 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Error code 8001050F ?

Googled it and seems to be pretty wide spread fault. Read that it was a virus on PSN Network ! Not sure about that though.

Also read it was a hardware fault but lots of people are getting the fault at the same time so unlikely.

Seems to be affecting older PS3's not the new slims.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds also like people who arent online are getting it, millenium bug????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Both on the EU and US forums people are experiencing this problem. Can't be a leap year bug.
  • Options
    ianmac40ianmac40 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Someone on Yahoo Answers have said they spoke to Sony and they have stated it is a problem their side. So it should be sorted in a few hours. Hopefully this is true !!

http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100228154506AAQrAgu&cp=6
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ianmac40 wrote: »

Seems to be affecting older PS3's not the new slims.

Some people on GAF have 250GB slims not working mate, for some reason it seems to be only the 120GB ones that are not affected which does seem a little bizarre
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leap year bug:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://twitter.com/SonyPlaystation

We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it. Stay tuned for updates.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's affecting people who have never been online though, so how can it be purely PSN problem?

Also common theme seems to be that it's affecting the fat ps3s, not the slim ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Thought it was a little strange that my clock was saying the year was 1999. It wouldn't let me do the "via the internet" clock reset thing either, i had to enter the time/year manually.

I've got a fat 40gb PS3 btw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    craggers wrote: »
    It's affecting people who have never been online though, so how can it be purely PSN problem?

Also common theme seems to be that it's affecting the fat ps3s, not the slim ones.

yeah, I know. It's actually something inside the PS3. PSN works fine for the slims.

If so could cost Sony a lot of money, if they can't fix it.
  • Options
    chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, same here, can't get on PSN although the browser works

And my clock has gone back to 1999 like everyone else, that's the bit I can't understand if it's on the Sony side.
    Even more worryingly when you read around on other forums, people who haven't been connected to the internet or don't use the PS3 online still got affected. At *exactly* 23:59:59 on 28/02/2010.

Something serious is going on...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    I thought it was just me.
    Fat 40gb here.

Over a week ago however, I was trying to watch a football match by p2p, which I can normally do fine on the ps3, when I got a virus alert.
    I had the same page open on my PC with no such alert from Avast and scans have shown nothing.

As the alert was on the ps3 I gave it no heed as peeps here have sworn there is no risk.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's really not good. If every fat ps3 is goosed will Sony be replacing them? I think not somehow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    That's really not good. If every fat ps3 is goosed will Sony be replacing them? I think not somehow.

well it's almost certainly looking like a leap year bug, so presumably this can be fixed with a firmware update.

And the internet connection/system update is still working ok, so I guess we just need to wait for a patched firmware...
  • Options
    williammurwilliammur Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im hoping for a £5 credit to use on psn for the inconvenience of not being able to play my games lol.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    This is really worrying now. My PS3 has not been able to sign in since 8pm last night and now all my dynamic themes and PSN games are not working. I've not tried playing any retail games, but from what I've heard if they support trophes, they won't work either :eek:

Not known a problem with PSN as serious as this before nor as widespread. Let's hope Sony can sort this out. But can't see a solution being found anytime soon. Sony need to isolate the problem first, develop a firmware which will probably require testing and then release it. So we could be looking at a couple of days at least before PSN is back to normal :eek:

Also, my system clock is saying 31/12 @ 23:33. So by that reckoning, I should be out celebrating the New Year not getting ready for work :D
  • Options
    williammurwilliammur Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    invisi post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    This is really worrying now. My PS3 has not been able to sign in since 8pm last night and now all my dynamic themes and PSN games are not working. I've not tried playing any retail games, but from what I've heard if they support trophes, they won't work either :eek:

Funny how yours went at 8pm. Everyone else seemed to be exactly at midnight. I was happily playing MW2 just before midnight when it all went pop.
  • Options
    Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm scared to trn my PS3 on now!! lol!

Not sure there's much more info here but I'll link anyway...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/28/playstation-network-down-so-are-lots-of-ps3s/?s=t5
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    chrisw99 wrote: »
    Funny how yours went at 8pm. Everyone else seemed to be exactly at midnight. I was happily playing MW2 just before midnight when it all went pop.

Yeah it's very strange. I decided to sign into the American Playstation Store to see what was there and was unable to sign back into my UK account after that.

At the time I put it down to a problem with my internet connection at home, until this morning I realised it was something much worse.

EDIT: Taken from the NeoGaf forum...

The going theory is that the PS3 is storing some form of date in GMT, then modifying that to get whatever you see in the on-screen clock. That modification process seems to be fine--the system can take 2/28/2010, 9PM GMT, add four hours, and get 3/1/2010, 1AM random time zone.

What's apparently effed, as speculation goes, is when the internal GMT-tracking rolls over to 3/1. It's either not rolling, or rolling to 2/29, at which point a system tries to add/subtract from 2/29, which it can't do because the front-end calendar doesn't have a 2/29/2010, and shit explodes. Seemed to happen around 4PM PDT, which I think is 12AM GMT, so.

And the PS3 launched in 2006; it's hit 4 2/28s so far. 2007 and 2009 were odd-numbered years; 2008 was an even, and a leap year. 2010 is the first even non-leap-year the system's been around for. If some sort of base-level math is choking on itself, it may have ruled out the odd 2007 and 2009 successfully, but is convinced the even 2010 is a leap year (this part I'm less sure of, but is why leap year could theoretically come into play at some point.)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388872

Interesting :)
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooo I wanted to complete Uncharted 2 today, on chapter 25 lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Same thing is happening to me (can't sign in or play downloaded games) but I'm also not able to play any sort of disc. I've tried games, Blu-Rays & CD's but nothing, is it my PS3 or is this happening to everybody else aswell?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.edepot.com/playstation3.html#PS3_Model_Differences

It looks like the CECHL model onwards is fine, the CECHK version and all previous is ****ed.