Louis Smith Appreciation Thread (2)

Comments

• KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Okay I've watched it - yuck! :(

I took so long with my post that it's crossed with yours! Yes, "yuck" is one way of describing this next career move. I hope I never have to see a drunken Louis again. He needs to sack his agent forthwith. :mad:
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colliefan wrote: »
    I can't see any direction Korky at the moment. Just random celeb appearances. Not even heard much about the schools work he wants to do.

Nice to see you back :)

Haven't seen the ad as wifi crap at the mo but get the impression it's a bit embarrassing. I know I stuck up for him a while ago because I thought he needed a break from everything but am concerned as the rest of you that he has no obvious direction :cry:
    Let's just hope that between him (we know he has his head screwed on) & his mum, he has plans that aren't going to let him (or us!) down.

Edit: Not sure that makes entire sense but I'm on holiday & I've had a wine or two!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Lucy, I fear that he's already let himself and consequently us down. Still waiting for others to comment (and some, probably younger, may disagree) but if Danio etc. had seen this ad first, they surely wouldn't have employed Louis for their campaigns. I have defended him for 8 months but I think this will lose him some work and therefore affect his future. How can he have thought it a good career move?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I didn't think he looked drunk Korky but if he doesn't sort himself out he will most definitely be reduced to opening supermarkets!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I totally agree. As I've said, I think his popularity has already peaked and he has to be so so careful about the 'jobs' he now accepts. All the charity work in the world won't compensate for this kind of "work".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think he looked drunk Korky but if he doesn't sort himself out he will most definitely be reduced to opening supermarkets!

It won't even be supermarkets, just tiny corner shops! :eek:

Edit: With a watching crowd of 3! :(
    Forum Member
    It won't even be supermarkets, just tiny corner shops! :eek:

I don't know much about twitter but does everyone who tweets him appear on his phone? Any of you use it and can perhaps show him the error of his ways?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know much about twitter but does everyone who tweets him appear on his phone? Any of you use it and can perhaps show him the error of his ways?

I am not 'on' Twitter but I've always assumed that Louis must either have another more private account for family, for example, or else delete a lot of tweets before they're in the public domain, but I may be wrong. To get a message to him, one would need to join Twitter. Did you see him publishing the F word a week or so ago? Oh Louis, what is happening to your judgement? :(
    Forum Member
    I am not 'on' Twitter but I've always assumed that Louis must either have another more private account for family, for example, or else delete a lot of tweets before they're in the public domain, but I may be wrong. To get a message to him, one would need to join Twitter. Did you see him publishing the F word a week or so ago? Oh Louis, what is happening to your judgement? :(

Yes I did see that and was rather disappointed as well. Daisy is the media and computer expert if her threads are anything to go by perhaps she can think of something.
  • daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My take .. Then I'm running for the hills :o. I think you're all over reacting and becoming too 'nurturing'. There was nothing wrong with that video as far as I could see. It wasn't a paid 'job' for Louis I'm sure. It was a promotional film for the club and he was there doing what young 'hip and trendy' people do in a club. Drink, dance and enjoy themselves. Danio spent the day with Louis and were .. By all accounts .. Completely bowled over by him. As with all 'celebs' they may make wrong or bad choices at times when accepting job offers but I can't see anything he need worry about so far. As for the future, re schools, clothing line etc. Give the lad a chance and let him catch up on the fun side of life he kept under wraps while competing for 19yrs ....... Sheesh ........ He will I'm sure, find is way and still do a damn fine job at whatever direction he chooses to take. As for one of his fellow gymnasts taking over his mantle re 'being a more saleable commodity' after the next Olympics .. I personally don't think any of them have the charisma, likeability or charm Louis has that won the public over.
    Now shoot me ... :)
    Forum Member
    roadieboys wrote: »
    My take .. Then I'm running for the hills :o. I think you're all over reacting and becoming too 'nurturing'. There was nothing wrong with that video as far as I could see. It wasn't a paid 'job' for Louis I'm sure. It was a promotional film for the club and he was there doing what young 'hip and trendy' people do in a club. Drink, dance and enjoy themselves. Danio spent the day with Louis and were .. By all accounts .. Completely bowled over by him. As with all 'celebs' they may make wrong or bad choices at times when accepting job offers but I can't see anything he need worry about so far. As for the future, re schools, clothing line etc. Give the lad a chance and let him catch up on the fun side of life he kept under wraps while competing for 19yrs ....... Sheesh ........ He will I'm sure, find is way and still do a damn fine job at whatever direction he chooses to take. As for one of his fellow gymnasts taking over his mantle re 'being a saleable commodity' I personally don't think any of them have the charisma, likeability or charm Louis has that won the public over.
    Now shoot me ... :)

Thank you, roadieboys. Was afraid to post my own views because I thought I'd be the only one, yet again, to have an opposite take to everybody else on things concerning Louis. And for seeing nothing wrong with Louis in this! He definitely doesn't look drunk to me! :confused: I've been kicking myself with regret for posting that video all night! :( I honestly hadn't expected such a strong negative reaction! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy I've shied away from responding many a time as I often feel things he does are taken completely out of context. Thus him being severly judged for no reason. Don't regret posting the vid hun, many will have enjoyed watching him have a good time. I did :) Please keep posting these gems.
    Xx
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Oh Lucy, I fear that he's already let himself and consequently us down. Still waiting for others to comment (and some, probably younger, may disagree) but if Danio etc. had seen this ad first, they surely wouldn't have employed Louis for their campaigns. I have defended him for 8 months but I think this will lose him some work and therefore affect his future. How can he have thought it a good career move?

Sorry to have posted and then gone awol :o Family intervened!

I do agree with you Korky, our dear Louis is taking on far too wide a range of 'work', and some of it will damage his reputation. Young, fit blokes are ten a penny in magazines and on cheap-to-make TV shows.....What sets Louis apart are his values (his morality, if you like), his dedication to his sport, his warm and caring nature and his authenticity or honesty. These are all compromised by his seeming to promote the 'party' lifestyle, and being in judicious in his choice of work. :cry: We feel this is not the real Louis; however, he is young enough to be easily seduced by apparent ease in life, and by the constant stream of attention coming his way.

I feel that Louis needs to get back to basics and remember what got him where he is today. We know he values family life, honesty and work.......he just seems to have lost his way a bit at present. Maybe it has something to do with the difficulty of coming down off the 'high' after his success in the Olympics and in Strictly. Whatever it is, I hope he sorts himself out soon.

Maybe we will see the Louis we know commentating on the athletics on 19th of this month? It would be great if something like that helped him find his bearings.

I hope this post is taken in the spirit in which it is meant. I miss Louisville!
    Forum Member
    Daisy I've shied away from responding many a time as I often feel things he does are taken completely out of context. Thus him being severly judged for no reason. Don't regret posting the vid hun, many will have enjoyed watching him have a good time. I did :) Please keep posting these gems.
    Xx

Me too. But I sometimes feel like I need speak up to help keep the balance whenever the talk turns to stuff that the rest disapprove of. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but this is his Appreciation Thread and there are so many lurkers who read everything we post. So I tend to feel sorry for him when the 'judging' starts.:o

Everybody reading this, I love you all to bits so please don't take offence. :o
    Forum Member
    Have just seen your posts, daisy and roadie, which you wrote while I was metaphorically chewing my pencil!

Think we don't disagree fundamentally. It's a matter of degree and perception. I worry for Louis that he will lose stability and I guess that's my main concern.

I'm certainly not against people having a good time. I've enjoyed going to clubs as much as anyone, in my day. That's the difficulty with being a 'celebrity'. What you do in your 'down time' will reflect much more closely on your work, than it does for us mere mortals ....
    Forum Member
    Everyone....(including you, daisy!)

I certainly don't take offence at this discussion and I don't think anyone else would. Dn't worry, we all have Louis' interests at heart :)

A good night's sleep is called for if possible, I think!

Goodnight and sleep well everyone :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:zzzzz

See you tomorrow.

Lindy xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel I may need to take a break from this thread. Or stop posting my opinions before I say something I may regret, as I really don't want to offend anyone. I will say though that I fear some are getting way too involved and taking it personally if he doesn't come up their very high standards of what they expect from him. HE HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG. There, now I'm shouting.:o Goodnight all
    Forum Member
    I feel I may need to take a break from this thread. Or stop posting my opinions before I say something I may regret, as I really don't want to offend anyone. I will say though that I fear some are getting way too involved and taking it personally if he doesn't come up their very high standards of what they expect from him. HE HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG. There, now I'm shouting.

Roadie, please don't go!

Yes it's an appreciation thread but that shouldn't preclude an exchange of opinion.....should it? :confused: As long as we all appreciate Louis, which we do :cool:

By the way, just to clarify, I doubt that the NuBar vid was seen as a career move, more as a bit of fun with pin money or expenses attached. I don't think it was terrible. I just think he seems to be moving in the direction of that kind of thing, and personally, I don't like it. But that's just my opinion.....I don't expect everyone (or anyone) to agree with me :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Just add my thoughts even though I said I would stop posting myself a while ago and just read....and you may have noticed (or not!) I' ve done quite well. I stopped posting as I couldn't believe that people who do not actually know any "real" details about a person and his plans could be so publically judgemental ....it's his life and if he wants to go to clubs get drunk, date glamour models or whatever good luck to him. I hope you all keep posting the photos, videos, limks to articles etc as I love reading them but I don't want to be associated even if it is anon with this nonsense.
    Forum Member
    I feel I may need to take a break from this thread. Or stop posting my opinions before I say something I may regret, as I really don't want to offend anyone. I will say though that I fear some are getting way too involved and taking it personally if he doesn't come up their very high standards of what they expect from him. HE HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG. There, now I'm shouting.:o Goodnight all

No offence taken at all but I can certainly understand that after being in the almost military style of life in the gym he wants to catch up with the lifestyle his friends enjoy. Nothing wrong with that at all and he certainly hasn't done anything outrageous. My concern only revolves around his future earnings and he has a loooooooong way to go before he reaches pensionable age! I think most of us went or an on the typical 9 - 5 treadmill but Louis hasn't and his long term money making opportunities are more precarious. As some of the others have mentioned, I don't think his agent appears to be doing what is best for Louis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, roadieboys. Was afraid to post my own views because I thought I'd be the only one, yet again, to have an opposite take to everybody else on things concerning Louis. And for seeing nothing wrong with Louis in this! He definitely doesn't look drunk to me! :confused: I've been kicking myself with regret for posting that video all night! :( I honestly hadn't expected such a strong negative reaction! :o

Hey, I'm usually with you all the way Daisy :) I haven't even seen the NuBar vid so should really have reserved judgement (or not even judged at all) :o Think we're all agreed we have Louis' best interests at heart.
    Forum Member
    Oh dear :cry:

Just a brief comment from me. I think most public figures (such as Louis) are to some extent mirages of their true selves, onto which we project our own feelings, values, aspirations......desires even :o. No one figure can live up to our expectations 100%, what we need is someone who gets close to that :cool:

Louis has managed this balancing act perfectly for most of us up to now. What I think has changed in recent weeks, is that we no longer have a clear focus for who he is and what he does. The heady days involved the Olympics, Strictly and the Tour......his personality shone through clearly. Now, however, we don't know what his priorities are, so there's more of a tendency to project our own values on to him. This is exacerbated by the extensive access to one side of him that we have via twitter and keek etc. And that is only one side of him......

It's difficult in today's world, to know what is 'work' and what is 'time off'. This again is amplified when your agent goes on holiday with you. Are you working, or is it your own time, when that happens? :confused:

I think and hope that a lot of the disagreements on here about what Louis is or is not up to, revolve around this kind of mixed message. When he was winning Strictly, and we could concentrate on that, did we care what bar he went to afterwards?

Personally I think Louis is an exceptional young man.....I think we all do. It's the world around him that threatens to concern me.....and I only say threatens, because I certainly don't think I know all about him and his life! :eek:

Lindy x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Sorry to have posted and then gone awol :o Family intervened!

I do agree with you Korky, our dear Louis is taking on far too wide a range of 'work', and some of it will damage his reputation. Young, fit blokes are ten a penny in magazines and on cheap-to-make TV shows.....What sets Louis apart are his values (his morality, if you like), his dedication to his sport, his warm and caring nature and his authenticity or honesty. These are all compromised by his seeming to promote the 'party' lifestyle, and being in judicious in his choice of work. :cry: We feel this is not the real Louis; however, he is young enough to be easily seduced by apparent ease in life, and by the constant stream of attention coming his way.

I feel that Louis needs to get back to basics and remember what got him where he is today. We know he values family life, honesty and work.......he just seems to have lost his way a bit at present. Maybe it has something to do with the difficulty of coming down off the 'high' after his success in the Olympics and in Strictly. Whatever it is, I hope he sorts himself out soon.

Maybe we will see the Louis we know commentating on the athletics on 19th of this month? It would be great if something like that helped him find his bearings.

I hope this post is taken in the spirit in which it is meant. I miss Louisville!

The is almost exactly what I feel and it seems we are brave to say it. This is an appreciation thread but is surely also a discussion thread. We are bound to agree sometimes and disagree at other times, but we all came here originally with caring feelings for Louis, although we do not know him. He said that he had high morals and I believe him. He also has self-discipline and a gentle nature. No-one can be a paragon, though: we all have human failings.

Of course Louis is entitled to 'party', see whatever girls he likes, swear if he wishes, get drunk, frequent clubs, flirt, go on quiz shows, promote bars, do whatever he wishes, but if he does these in public he has to face the consequences if would-be employers do not like the image that he is projecting. I think that it is this fact - that some of his behaviour is public which should be kept private - that is causing some of us to worry as it could convey to those who are looking to hire him (or go into business with him) a very different persona from the home-building, home-loving, irreproachable, unspoilt, virtuous character who landed so well from his Olympic pommel-horse.
This discussion has been closed.