Options

Do Currys Keep Laptops In Stock?

Reason I ask, I have went through about 12 laptops to reserve and collect but they are all sold out, which makes me wonder do they order in as needed or something?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they do, we wanted a Compaq one and whilst our PC World had sold out, he showed us on the system all of the Currys, Currys.digital and PC Worlds nearby that had them in stock and how many they had in stock so we just popped down the road to pick it up from a Currys for the same price.
  • Options
    granadatvmangranadatvman Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes they do , but manufacturers dont always ship them out often so levels go low
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    same as PC world, they keep very few in stock.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _the_don wrote: »
    Reason I ask, I have went through about 12 laptops to reserve and collect but they are all sold out, which makes me wonder do they order in as needed or something?

At the moment Currys are currently going through their old stock and moving into a new lot of stock in their laptops, and need to sell through old stuff first, try and get a deal.

Here's a tip, on Currys' prices if it ends in .97 it is clearance stock.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always think they put 1 item in stock so that they get at least a few winning prices items in the search engines.

If its a great price at Currys/PC World its because it is not there!!!!!!!!!
    Well not often for long.
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    I disagree.

PCW Nottingham had 5 Advent 7203s in stock Friday which is arguably their best deal atm.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they do have a few things at the mo you are right.

I know they seemed to have decent stock of the Ultralight Advent laptop for £350.
    Last time they had it it stayed for 24 hours only though. (pre xmas).

Reminds me when I bought a few half price items in their boxing day sale.(Coventry near the old kamikaze island. Yep a good few years ago)
    They always had thing half price for 24 hours only. The funny thing was that the manager refused to put any prices on these goods. If you never saw the newspaper ad you never knew the price.

I wrote Nottingham first but Coventry it was. I bet you live in Bulwell chav?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    they do have a few things at the mo you are right.

I know they seemed to have decent stock of the Ultralight Advent laptop for £350.
    Last time they had it it stayed for 24 hours only though. (pre xmas).

Reminds me when I bought a few half price items in their boxing day sale.(Coventry near the old kamikaze island. Yep a good few years ago)
    ?

Heh...Its still pretty bad up that way of Cov.
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »

I wrote Nottingham first but Coventry it was. I bet you live in Bulwell chav?

Hmm, nope :D