Ofcom to investigate Amandas Dress and The Dog Double.

2»

Comments

• rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind Dixon and Holden are both flat as ironing boards, Simon has bigger t!ts and his shirt was lower :D
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing in that says that Ofcom are investigating anything. All it says is that they've had 200 complaints about dresses.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Everytime I see something about Ofcom I think "and people in the US thing the US' FCC is a joke?"

If Ofcom has never done anything about, for example, the pathetic but extensive manipulation on Big Brother, they're hardly going to do something about a much more harmless dog stunt double.

And Amanda Holden causes 90 people to freak out when they are reminded that she has boobs? Good lord. And people think the Puritans all left for America? :o
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Dixon and Holden are both flat as ironing boards,..............

Not quite, but not far off. Those dresses really didn't make them look attractive. In my opinion.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amanda said in the Sunday papers that she hadn't "popped out" since she first started with BGT, but keep an eye out for the Sunday Final.:blush:
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    People should be punished for complaining to ofcom over something so trivial when they can just turn the bloody thing off, or switch channels!

Its just like the people who go to A&E with a cold.

Imo they should charge people a small fee to complain about a tv show, and reimburse the small minority of people who are complaining about something serious and not just whining.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    So saddos have complained about a dog and a dress??? Seriously is nothing else going on in the world??
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I don't know how it was misleading. We saw both dogs in the semi final. We knew about them both. Yes, I thought it was Matisse on the rope but when I found out it wasn't it didn't annoy me because I already knew there were two.

People are looking for something to moan about because their favourite didn't win.

What if someone didn't watch the semi-final? They would have watched the final and then spent money on one and 3/4 dogs doing everything.

If no deception was intended why where only one and 3/4 dogs shown at the end of the act and not the 2 and 3/4 dogs that were involved in the act?

You may find it stupid, but where money and voting is involved there are some serious laws in place to protect people from getting conned. So if it is found that people were mislead, then all people who want it will get a refund.

In the end they set out to deceive as they put the first dog in at the bottom to make out that it was the same dog going across the ropes and then the original dog appeared at the bottom the other side. So the whole thing designed to deceive.
  • Steve_LuntSteve_Lunt Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    egghead1 wrote: »
    OFCOM will investigate find its fuss about nothing end of story.WHy investigate Amanda's dress,why not ALesha Dixon's too? It's patheitc people have nothing better to do than moan about a cleavage.

I think the complaint has come from Alesha, Amanda had one and Alesha didn't :D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there was a bit of a to-do many years ago when Holly Willoughby wore this ..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/20/article-0-0B43BF0900000578-549_468x549.jpg

.. on Dancing on Icicles. Nothing happened then either. I think some people just live to get on the bandwagon because they either think they're being clever or they've just got nothing better to do.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's ridiculous. They ought to investigate how we pick our entry for Eurovision.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,413
    Forum Member
    Ofcom have to investigate complaints made to them.

Their investigation may be to ask if anyone in the office saw it & what did they think. But they have to investigate.

Though I think I would cry a little if it was me who drew the short straw and had to investigate these non-events.

Hundreds of viewers have complained to both Ofcom and ITV over this very issue because they feel that they have been misled and both organisations have to consider those complaints fairly.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hundreds of viewers have complained to both Ofcom and ITV over this very issue because they feel that they have been misled and both organisations have to consider those complaints fairly.

If I were in charge of both ITV and Ofcom, I wouldn't even consider them. Frankly I'd just release a statement calling them *****s.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...............Though I think I would cry a little if it was me who drew the short straw and had to investigate these non-events.

It would be awful - having to closely examine photos of women in low cut dresses.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I were in charge of both ITV and Ofcom, I wouldn't even consider them. Frankly I'd just release a statement calling them *****s.

Agreed. I wouldn't have appologised either as there's nothing to appologise for. I'd have told whinging viewers to whistle for their apology.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Think of the children! Oh, won't somebody please think of the children!

I knew as soon as I saw the dresses Alesha & Amanda were wearing that the saddo's would go and complain to Ofcom.

Some people must have Ofcom on speed dial, There is far worse happening in the world, yet people get offended by two stunning women showing cleavage.:confused: