Which one is an aristocrat?

Comments

• LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    It was Noorul. I wonder if he was talking about his Indian background? I'm not sure what religious background he's from, but he may have been talking in terms of caste. Just a suggestion.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Max and Sebastian from S1 were also "posh", although not aristocratic, as neither (nor their families as far as we know) had titles. Although I'd say Sebastian comes closest to that kind of demeanour.

Shockingly, the only one I can recall with a title, was Her Royal Hotline "Princess" Lindi!
    Ah yes - I forgot about Sebastian and of course there was Nicholas de Lacey Brown (real name Nick Brown)!

I always thought James Max was a bit pseudo posh.:D
    It was Noorul. I wonder if he was talking about his Indian background? I'm not sure what religious background he's from, but he may have been talking in terms of caste. Just a suggestion.
    Hadn't thought of it in that context - a very likely explanation.
  • FingalBluntFingalBlunt Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    IF there is an aristocrat, which may or may not be the case, then I'd go for James or Kate. James as he bumbles about in a Boris Johnston sort of way, and Kate as she seems to act the right way at the right time and say the right ting at the right time.

I can see why folk would say Howard as, for me, he was the obvious one that came to mind...... but I'm going with Kate or James.
    :)

Definitely not Kate. She doesn't have the class.

Being aristocratic doesn't necessarily mean a person is an aristocrat.
  • k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Lorraine, her family are pretty wealthy.

I was laughing at that one. I hope it was a joke:o
    Although she comes from wealthy family who are currently under investigation for serious fraud I get the impression she is more of the 'trailer home' than the country mansion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was the guy who dropped out at the last minute? could it be him?
  • Sunshine&SolaceSunshine&Solace Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k-bola wrote: »
    I was laughing at that one. I hope it was a joke:o
    Although she comes from wealthy family who are currently under investigation for serious fraud I get the impression she is more of the 'trailer home' than the country mansion.

Lol, yes, perhaps Earl Spencer fancied a chance at becoming S'rAlan's apprentice and then backed out at the last minute.
  • Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pres.F wrote: »
    Who was the guy who dropped out at the last minute? could it be him?

No way. Cheeky Jewish Essex barrow boy - an Alan Sugar clone. Not an aristocrat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Lorrains father is one the richest men in Ireland, she was the aristocrat and also the reason why I think SAS has kept her in the process for so long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    corpexx wrote: »
    Lorrains father is one the richest men in Ireland, she was the aristocrat and also the reason why I think SAS has kept her in the process for so long.

No, Lorraine's father is a crook being investigated by the inland revenue for tax fraud who fled to Ireland to try and avoid being caught after his company went bust, and if Sugar had known that she was also being investigated for tax fraud as she was employed by her dad's dodgy building firm (Barnhorn Construction) six years ago, she wouldn't have even made The Apprentice.

Her dad may be rich, but he's rich through illegal means and he most certainly isn't an aristocrat. And he isn't Irish. Del-Boy, yes. Lord Lucan, no. There is currently a warrant out for his arrest, he owes more than ten million in unpaid tax from invoices raised by his firm where he never declared the income to the taxman.
    Forum Member
    Meh, Ireland, England same thing to me down here in Australia :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, Ireland, England same thing to me down here in Australia :p

Mmm, I guess Wayne and Waynetta Slob, and the casts of Shameless, Benidorm and The Royle Family probably appear to be aristocrats to you then, do they?
    Forum Member
    Mmm, I guess Wayne and Waynetta Slob, and the casts of Shameless, Benidorm and The Royle Family probably appear to be aristocrats to you then, do they?

And the moon, yes :D
  • FingalBluntFingalBlunt Posts: 86
    Forum Member

Money is not a sign of being a member of the aristocracy.
    Usually the opposite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    No, Lorraine's father is a crook being investigated by the inland revenue for tax fraud who fled to Ireland to try and avoid being caught after his company went bust, and if Sugar had known that she was also being investigated for tax fraud as she was employed by her dad's dodgy building firm (Barnhorn Construction) six years ago, she wouldn't have even made The Apprentice.

Her dad may be rich, but he's rich through illegal means and he most certainly isn't an aristocrat. And he isn't Irish. Del-Boy, yes. Lord Lucan, no. There is currently a warrant out for his arrest, he owes more than ten million in unpaid tax from invoices raised by his firm where he never declared the income to the taxman.

That is an extremely melodramatic account. The newspapers reported that he was under investigation for tax evasion , which doesn't necessarily mean hes guilty. This is all alleged not fact and your assertion that she wouldn't have got through the selection process is completely untrue. A spokesperon for the program confirmed that police checks were carried out on all candidates and she was cleared of any wrong doing.
  • moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davemba wrote: »
    Probably Mona - she is probably some chief's daughter from Tanzania.

I remember reading that she's an African princess when the series started, so it's definitely Mona.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Even if one of them is an aristocrat, they would never live up to the standards Rafe set for them last series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    If there is indeed an aristocrat left, I suspect it's Yasmina. After all, there was that little incident a few years back when a few Islamists threw the Shah and his pals out of Persia...
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Even if one of them is an aristocrat, they would never live up to the standards Rafe set for them last series.

LOL so true
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At University I met aristocrats at a few parties (I know, get me) so excuse me whilst I laugh my tits off at the idea that they have any sort of special air or confidence that we mere mortals lack. If I hadn't been told, I wouldn't have been able to tell them apart from any other posh person. They're not magic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    At University I met aristocrats at a few parties (I know, get me) so excuse me whilst I laugh my tits off at the idea that they have any sort of special air or confidence that we mere mortals lack. If I hadn't been told, I wouldn't have been able to tell them apart from any other posh person. They're not magic.
    I too have met a few - and whilst I agree that like us they are mere mortals, no one tells them that - hence their (often misplaced) confidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly, that's true of quite a proportion of people who are privately educated, aristocratic or not. I know they're a small group of society, but it's still silly to make a sweeping generalisation saying they're all a certain way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly, that's true of quite a proportion of people who are privately educated, aristocratic or not. I know they're a small group of society, but it's still silly to make a sweeping generalisation saying they're all a certain way.
    I am always amused by those who, instead of allowing for diversity of opinion, find those in disagreement lacking in sense.

Honestly (:)) it isn't really an issue, the outcome of which will have far reaching consequences on world affairs - so rather than indulge in a 'yes they are, no they aren't' exchange, I will retire from the playground.

Feel free to consider me silly.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not about to ignore you saying that all aristocrats are a certain way, when I've met ones that aren't. It's hardly playground to point out you're making a ridiculous generalisation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not about to ignore you saying that all aristocrats are a certain way, when I've met ones that aren't. It's hardly playground to point out you're making a ridiculous generalisation.
    So now I'm ridiculous.:rolleyes:

Oh woe is me:cry:

My confidence is slipping away, even as I type.
  • TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    So now I'm ridiculous.:rolleyes:

Making the odd ridiculous generalisation doesn't mean you are generally ridiculous. :)

It was a ridiculous generalisation, though.