Mariah Carey - The Art Of Letting Go (single)

Comments

• Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They never chart well when they come out straight away in the UK.

#Beautiful was released the same day worldwide and it did very well in the UK ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #Beautiful was released the same day worldwide and it did very well in the UK ;)

:) yeah it did but im hoping for a little promo (wishing for performance) and then release it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours are she is going to perform it on the X Factor. Keeping fingers crossed that it is true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I heard rumour of XF. It would be amazing if she were on final and perf the single and all i want for xmas. def help the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only because of Miguel.

On air Online release will not work for Mariah in the UK. She'd be lucky to go top 30.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Only because of Miguel.

On air Online release will not work for Mariah in the UK. She'd be lucky to go top 30.

Right because Miguel is a really big star over here. It did well because it was a good song period.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right because Miguel is a really big star over here. It did well because it was a good song period.

Agreed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only because of Miguel.

Of course, the same Miguel that no one had ever even heard of.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It only got on radio because of miguel. Which gave the song staying power.
    Radio one have not playlisted Mariah for years (as part of their ageism against females regime) but she gets a current younger artist featuring on let's face it, most of the song, and suddenly she gets airplay again.

I'm just stating facts here not hating on Mariah as I love her and that song !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Miguel is such a radio force how come Adorn didn't do as well or even better than #Beautiful? I'll wait.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if Mariah goes on graham norton or x factor could chart well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, the same Miguel that no one had ever even heard of.

It was his feature on the track that got her playlisted. Radio would not have touched Mariah otherwise. Hey I'm no hater. It's been years since Mariah was relevant in the UK.

She's somewhat considered an ageing heritage act here. Harsh but true.

On air online would be a bad move for a UK release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Miguel is such a radio force how come Adorn didn't do as well or even better than #Beautiful? I'll wait.

Calm down, chill out and stop with the defensive act. We are Mariah fans and want the best. We are also aware her UK career at the moment isn't entirely at it's strongest and hasn't been for years.

An female in her mid 40's will NOT be playlisted by Radio 1. Sad but the truth.

Sorry it offends you so much..

Cya :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Adorn hit radio after beautiful in the UK.
    and nobody is saying he is a radio force :confused::confused::confused:
    radio one for example, thought he was hip/up and coming/down with the kids etc, which is why they playlisted that song.
    whoever thinks radio one would ever of playlisted mariah if that was a solo single is living in dreamland.
    once its acknowledged properly, then her fans can kick up a stink and hopefully get through to radio.

much like how britney fans (including myself) :D are moaning about the appalling female ageism radio one in particular display.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was his feature on the track that got her playlisted. Radio would not have touched Mariah otherwise. Hey I'm no hater. It's been years since Mariah was relevant in the UK.

She's somewhat considered an ageing heritage act here. Harsh but true.

On air online would be a bad move for a UK release.

Miguel can get Mariah listed but not his own songs? :confused::rolleyes:

How ridiculous.

The fact is it was playlisted because it was a great song, not because it featured a wildly unknown singer.
    Calm down, chill out and stop with the defensive act. We are Mariah fans and want the best. We are also aware her UK career at the moment isn't entirely at it's strongest and hasn't been for years.

An female in her mid 40's will NOT be playlisted by Radio 1. Sad but the truth.

Sorry it offends you so much..

Cya :)
    I'm perfectly fine. But it seems you cannot accept being called out on your claptrap. If you can't deal with being challenged perhaps you shouldn't be posting on a public forum. Just an idea.
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    Adorn hit radio after beautiful in the UK.
    and nobody is saying he is a radio force :confused::confused::confused:
    radio one for example, thought he was hip/up and coming/down with the kids etc, which is why they playlisted that song.
    whoever thinks radio one would ever of playlisted mariah if that was a solo single is living in dreamland.
    once its acknowledged properly, then her fans can kick up a stink and hopefully get through to radio.

much like how britney fans (including myself) :D are moaning about the appalling female ageism radio one in particular display.
    As predicted you cannot answer.

Adorn has been available since last year. But whether it was released before or after is beside the point. If Radio One thought of him what you are suggesting, why didn't they play list Adorn? He even released a remix with Jessica Ware.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i can see things from both sides here. i do think the miguel collaboration benefited airplay somewhat, because his profile is on the rise and radio one does support a lot of up and coming artists. however, the song was great and that probably helped sell the song to radio. whether mariah will be the next victim of radio one snubbing female artists of a certain age will become crystal clear when the next single is sent to radio.;) she needs another song to the standard of "#beautiful" or better to even stand a chance in my honest opinion, but there's always radio two.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i can see things from both sides here. i do think the miguel collaboration benefited airplay somewhat, because his profile is on the rise and radio one does support a lot of up and coming artists. however, the song was great and that probably helped sell the song to radio. whether mariah will be the next victim of radio one snubbing female artists of a certain age will become crystal clear when the next single is sent to radio.;) she needs another song to the standard of "#beautiful" or better to even stand a chance in my honest opinion, but there's always radio two.:)

Thankyou. My point exactly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How ridiculous.

The fact is it was playlisted because it was a great song, not because it featured a wildly unknown singer.

I'm perfectly fine. But it seems you cannot accept being called out on your claptrap. If you can't deal with being challenged perhaps you shouldn't be posting on a public forum. Just an idea.

Adorn has been available since last year. But whether it was released before or after is beside the point. If Radio One thought of him what you are suggesting, why didn't they play list Adorn? He even released a remix with Jessica Ware.

I'll ask you nicely once again, calm down and stop with the defensive.

I totally stick by my point 100%. Mariah unfortunately has become a heritage act in the UK. It's a shame but she is not considered current.

Radio supported Beautiful as Miguel is up and coming and their was clearly a buzz surroundng him. Radio 1 love that. A Mariah single on it's own will simply not be touched solely because she is in her mid 40's...Like I said before sad but true.

You only need to look at her UK chart career over the last 7 years to confirm this...

There have been TOO many top 40 misses. I doubt she's ever going to be big here in the UK again..I'm really sorry that it gets to you. I too am a fan so it's sad to see.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares? I love and enjoy her anyway. Roll on the album! Loved the last 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What time is it premièring today?
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abibble wrote: »
    What time is it premièring today?

4pm UK time on facebook:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4pm UK time on facebook:)

Thank you ^_^! Sooooo excited!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How ridiculous.

OK now its just going round in circles!
    I agree beautiful is a great song.
    Though you clearly are seeing the world through tinted glasses, long may you carry on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash the only said thing to see is you and your delusion. Don't bother replying to me as I won't entertain your nonsense anymore.