Options

Matissee, making him walk across ropes, was that cruel!

Comments

• Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    , and how many of these clones have died from falling from The Tightrope ?

Shhh, you're not supposed to ask questions like that. She is not a loving pet owner, she is an animal trainer of not just dogs but other animals as well. They are not always trained with love but fear as well. Apparently she is based in Belgium, why? do they have less strict animal laws such as we do , do they have an equivelant of the RSPCA.?
    I love dogs and have had many over the years , they have been part of the family, I doubt if her animals are, they are a commodity to earn her a living.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    Yep, apparently so! Matisse cheated in his act...:D but if he was afraid of heights, fair enough, Jules absolutely did the right thing in using the double who is more of a dare-devil and was happy walking on the rope.
    Did Lorraine interview both dogs today and ask them if they were forced to do daredevil stunts, jeez sorry I missed it, Id have loved to hear what they answered...
  • Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you still here going on & on about the same thing - the dog wasn't ill treated nor was it cruelty just get over it . Have you been in touch with the RSPCA yet about your problems?
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    Did Lorraine interview both dogs today and ask them if they were forced to do daredevil stunts, jeez sorry I missed it, Id have loved to hear what they answered...

They said "Woof"

Yesterday you were complaining that Jules 'forced' Matisse to walk a tightrope. Now that we know that she didn't 'force' Matisse to do anything, in fact that she even used a stunt double because Matisse doesn't like walking tightropes you are still convinced that Matisse is being mistreated.

If you are so convinced, you will have no hesitation in filling out this form:

https://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/contactus/reportcruelty/online

But you won't because you know that the RSPCA have better things to do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    myscimitar wrote: »
    I am happy with most dog tricks, but making a dog walk across narrow ropes high up was just in my view, to much, the dog looked nervous and not that happy?

I know you have a dog, at least I think it was you I was chatting to about our love of dogs, so you would know that dog was not scared, concentrating yes, but I did not see any fear from that dog. Jules is well known at Crufts and has the dogs welfare at heart
  • Options
    RedcarmanRedcarman Posts: 91
    Forum Member

Success seems to have gone to Matisse and Mace's heads ...
    It appears that they have now got themselves an agent ...
    I believe her name is Wendy ... they met on the show apparently ...
    I have it on good authority that Wendy will be appearing on the Lorraine show tomorrow morning to answer any of your questions or concerns ..!!!
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't cruel, just dull and pointless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redcarman wrote: »
    Success seems to have gone to Matisse and Mace's heads ...
    It appears that they have now got themselves an agent ...
    I believe her name is Wendy ... they met on the show apparently ...
    I have it on good authority that Wendy will be appearing on the Lorraine show tomorrow morning to answer any of your questions or concerns ..!!!
    thanks Red... sadly I missed Wendy the Agent..:(
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks Red... sadly I missed Wendy the Agent..:(

How cute, you don't get humour!

How old are you, btw?
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gina_lok wrote: »
    It wasnt matisse on the ropes it was her other dog , theyve just been on the lorainne show and she said matisse didnt like the rooes so the other dog done that bit , she she hasnt been cruel at all the other dog was confident she has 3 dogs

Well there we go. Jules did not force a dog who did not like the ropes to do it but used a dog that was far more comfortable. Animal abuse? Bah.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This still came across as a circus type trick, and we stopped that, I wonder how much further she and other dog trainers will go to get even more harder tricks. Same ol same ol never works, and I think this should be stopped now before it makes the dogs in any act become the new generation 'Circus' show!
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Matisse's stunt double said "Jules is so cruel to me that she gives me a dog biscuit every time I do a trick,"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Matisse's stunt double said "Jules is so cruel to me that she gives me a dog biscuit every time I do a trick,"
    nah... hed get fat and she couldnt USE him anymore;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nah... hed get fat and she couldnt USE him anymore;-)

He could have stolen the three legged dog's sausages. ;-)
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Dog acts
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dellzincht wrote: »
    How cute, you don't get humour!

How old are you, btw?
    IM Scottish of course I saw through your humour.. I was giving it back actually.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking about this on LBC at the moment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we now know it was no even him, but the other dog, I wonder if she tried to get the poor dog to this before she gave up and used the stand-in.
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no shes a controlling woman and hes terrified and wants to please..

Yes of course you are right. Have you reported it to RSPCA yet? I know you wife if you feel so strongly ! Let me know when you have done so .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be a good idea to get a response from the RSPCA on the rope trick!
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IM Scottish of course I saw through your humour.. I was giving it back actually.;-)

I actually think you don't believe for one moment that you believe what you are saying. I guess that makes you a....begins with t and ends with l. You fill in the blanks why don't cha?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just sent a message to the RSPCA, to get the advice on this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .....Seriously?

The RSPCA will just laugh at your complaint, I'm sure. It's about as cruel as telling a dog to **** himself.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is it an utter disgrace to have animals performing as "entertainment" but she mislead the viewers as well. Jamie should have won.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't blame you but don't get your hopes up they will do nothing.