Options

Matissee, making him walk across ropes, was that cruel!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I don't think you did.

How do you know??
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I don't think you did.

Yeah, I don't think you get jokes.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it hurt the dog's paws?

I'm not saying that it would, but I'm genuinely asking anyone who would know. Because the way dogs paws are you would think that the wires would dig in to the gaps of the paw.

If it was walking on them for prolonged periods of time on a near constant basis, then obviously, just like it would hurt your feet to do so, but for the few seconds the dog walked it, it wouldn't, not unless the dog had ridiculously soft feet. Collies generally have strong tough pads because their meant to be able to gather sheep over all terrain daily for hours on end. Any working breed will have, to be capable of the task their meant to do, a dog with poor feet wouldn't be much cop:p. Also the thickness of the rope counts, a really thin one would act like a wire and cut into the feet from the weight of the dog, but a thick rope would cover more of the pad. There is a slight risk of catching a nail in the fibres, but everything has risks of a freak accident, a dog could just as easily tear a nail running around on a walk, or jump up at you and snag it in your clothes. My dog has never injured herself doing handstands, flips and twists, but she ripped her paw leaping over a stile on a walk, just sod's law:p.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now is this ok.... if so whats the difference with dogs... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP4zIBlom2Q
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    Now is this ok.... if so whats the difference with dogs... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP4zIBlom2Q

Dogs are raised to obey commands. Bears are not.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »

A bear is wild, a dog is domesticated

Bears aren't meant to naturally be with people dogs are

Dogs don't have muzzles put on them so they can't open their mouths and pant during training

Bears only perform and do tricks because they have to, dogs do them because they want to

A bear in a circus is kept in a tiny poky inadequate cage and never get any exercise other than what they do performing so they have a crap miserable life, dogs live freely in our houses and go for walks out and about and have happy, fulfilled enjoyable lives.

How come you can't tell the difference between a circus animal and a trained pet dog, but if you saw a fox or wolf on a collar and lead you would say it's wrong, yet can differentiate enough to know it's alright for a dog to wear one because it's a domestic pet?;-)
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Sick of reading about the bloody dog.
  • Options
    kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sick of reading about the bloody dog.

sick of reading that you are sick of reading about the bloody dog.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might have lost votes but I'm not cynical enough to believe that's why Jules didn't show Chase at the end.

So,why did she not show Chase or at least mention the fact! What reason could she have apart from getting voters to believe it was only the one dog, even the fact the dog switch was behind a panel the viewers could not see smacks of fraud!
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    So,why did she not show Chase or at least mention the fact! What reason could she have apart from getting voters to believe it was only the one dog, even the fact the dog switch was behind a panel the viewers could not see smacks of fraud!

It's not fraud. Showing Chase at the end would have ruined the narrative.