Billions Season 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
I saw an advert on Sky earlier saying that it will start on Sky Atlantic on the 21st of February.

Comments

• Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb. The first season was my favorite drama of 2016 baring happy valley and line of duty of course.
    I'm looking forward to this.
  • Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    Oh, thanks very much for the heads-up. :)

I really enjoyed season 1. Love a 'battle of wills' type story.
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but weren't all of the series 1 episodes released at the same time?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but weren't all of the series 1 episodes released at the same time?

Yes .
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes .

But only because Sky were months behind the US. So the entire season had aired in the US before Sky had even started – allowing them to make all episodes available on demand.
    This season Sky will be airing it at US pace, so don’t expect all episodes to be available on demand from its premier again.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starts 21st February at 9pm on Sky Atlantic.
  • NobbyspilesNobbyspiles Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    Season 3 starts this Thursday at 9pm on Sky Atlantic
  • Bunnygirl66Bunnygirl66 Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Do you think I could start watching season 3 without watching 1 and 2?
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Possibly but you'd get more out of it if you watched them first.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wouldn't recommend it. I think it would be very confusing, and you'd be missing out on two seasons of great TV!
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both seasons 1 and 2 are available in Sky Box Sets at the moment.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wouldn't recommend it. I think it would be very confusing, and you'd be missing out on two seasons of great TV!

This, I absolutely agree with.

Plus it would be very spoilerish if you then went back and watched the earlier seasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Having seen episode 1 of Season 3 last night I wouldn't recommend it.

You'll have no idea what's going on. It's picked up exactly where it left off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peachykeen wrote: »

Having seen episode 1 of Season 3 last night I wouldn't recommend it.

You'll have no idea what's going on. It's picked up exactly where it left off.

A lot of guest stars/recurring characters unexpectedly popped up in S3 Ep1 as well so watching S1 and S2 would provide the full context.
  • Miss T EyeMiss T Eye Posts: 17,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It would not make a lot of sense jumping into Series 3 without having seen the build up of what drives the two main characters Axe and Chuck. Even though I had already seen Series 1 and 2 when they first aired, I rewatched them both again just before Series 3 started last Thursday.

Fantastic TV and the acting is brilliant by all the main characters.

If you haven't got time to watch the first two series, here is a link that gives a resume and critic's recap on all the previous episodes.

http://www.vulture.com/tv/billions/
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Over the last week and bit we have watched all of Series 1 and 2 on Sky boxset and went straight in Series 3 ep 1. I really like this series but we did need to watch 1 and 2 first, otherwise 3 wouldn't have made sense.

Has Lonnie left?

And what happened to Iceland? His mobile was disconnected and Bobby couldn't get through to him at the end of Series 2, do we know where he went?
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 05/04/18 - 17:38 #19
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    Over the last week and bit we have watched all of Series 1 and 2 on Sky boxset and went straight in Series 3 ep 1. I really like this series but we did need to watch 1 and 2 first, otherwise 3 wouldn't have made sense.

Has Lonnie left?

And what happened to Iceland? His mobile was disconnected and Bobby couldn't get through to him at the end of Series 2, do we know where he went?

Axe was going down so he "vanished" before he was dragged into what was going on. That's how he knew he really was in a certain type of boat in a certain creek without a vital wooden tool. He would only cut Axe off if there was no chance of him getting out of it

No way was he going to risk being linked with Axe and would know that anyone remotely linked with him would be looked into.

He is only useful to his clients if nobody knows he exists

• plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »

That's the way to do it. Though I suspect I wouldn't have moved from the sofa if I had the opportunity to binge it like that
  • Bunnygirl66Bunnygirl66 Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Miss T Eye wrote: »

It would not make a lot of sense jumping into Series 3 without having seen the build up of what drives the two main characters Axe and Chuck. Even though I had already seen Series 1 and 2 when they first aired, I rewatched them both again just before Series 3 started last Thursday.

If you haven't got time to watch the first two series, here is a link that gives a resume and critic's recap on all the previous episodes.

I've taken everyone's advice and and currently half way through series 2 after binge watching series 1. What a great series!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 07/04/18 - 15:55 #22
    Miss T Eye wrote: »

I've taken everyone's advice and and currently half way through series 2 after binge watching series 1. What a great series!

@Bunnygirl66 I'm glad you have managed to binge watch the first two series.

IMO The penultimate and final episodes (11 and 12) of Series 2 are absolutely brilliant. Impressive acting and a fantastic climax. You will not be disappointed, Bunny. 🙂
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there an S3 thread yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »

I don't think so ...

We're two episodes in. We really should have one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peachykeen wrote: »

I don't think so ...

We're two episodes in. We really should have one.

I'll start a new thread for Series 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 09/04/18 - 16:50 #26

@dodrade Hi, I've just set one up. 🙂

Link to Billions (Series 3) thread.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2277174/billions-season-3-broadcast-on-sky-atlantic#latest