RTD should be asked to write an episode

Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Russell T Davis should be asked to write one episode for the new season in memory of his work to get DW back on air 10 years ago. I think it'd be respectful and a good gesture plus we can see the style he approached return.

Comments

• amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    It'd be nice if he did an episode to celebrate the 10th anniversary. Maybe it could harken back to some of his earlier themes and plotlines without being a proper anniversary episode.
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does get asked by Steven Moffat if he wants to write more Doctor Who episodes.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he'd already been asked and turned it down because of the illness of his partner? Further, he's busy with other projects is he not?
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's written lots of episodes before, why go back?
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    I see his next project(s) are called Cucumber and Banana Wonder what the implicatiion is ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe it's been said in DWM or somewhere similar that Moffat invites him to do an episode every year, and he always turns it down.

EDIT: Ah, here we go: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/24574/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on-getting-nowhere-asking-russell-tdavies-to-return
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Moffat asks him every year. It would be good if he could write an episode though.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    Would be brilliant if he wrote a episode. Although he had the odd dud, his good one's were just amazing. Every one of his series finale's was brilliant, and there hasn't been one that has felt as special or as epic for me since he left.

Would particularly be great if he could work on the arc with Moffat. That way we could have Moffat's creativity, but also with RTD's creativity, but also his emotional punch and his ability to make it perfectly coherent which Moffat seems to have trouble with.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russell T Davies: thanks but no thanks to Doctor Who tenth anniversary offer
    The former showrunner has revealed that he replied with a polite 'thanks but no thanks' when approached by the Corporation. “Someone from the [BBC's] branding team sent me a very lovely email saying do you want to do something", Davies tells RadioTimes.com.

“I don’t know what they imagined: a talk or a convention perhaps. I just said no, to be honest. A programme can’t have its fiftieth and then it’s tenth. I think that’s just confusing. It's marvellous and glorious; let it carry on.”
    The lovely Steven [Moffat] invites me every year to come and write one. And I love him and I love them and I love watching it, but here I am, moving on. I love Doctor Who with all my heart but nothing is more important to me than my own stuff.”

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-01-06/russell-t-davies-thanks-but-no-thanks-to-doctor-who-tenth-anniversary-offer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will have tenth anniversary?? :):):):):):):)
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does seem like a chap who doesn't tend to look back. Nice quotes. At least IRL there's no RTD v SM. ;-)