Anyone else annoyed at the shameless rip-offs?

SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
Forum Member
I know I am. :(

I'm happy the football public didn't reward them by buying their fatty meatballs for 5,99 or even 8,99 as Katie suggested.

Adam even proudly admitted in the boardroom fhat he bought fatty meat because it would make an even bigger profit until he was reminded of the task and altered it to 'it was 'gourmet', don't get me wrong'....:rolleyes:

After every episode I'm now wondering what else I'm paying far too much for...:p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Socha wrote: »
    I know I am. :(

I'm happy the football public didn't reward them by buying their fatty meatballs for 5,99 or even 8,99 as Katie suggested.

Adam even proudly admitted in the boardroom fhat he bought fatty meat because it would make an even bigger profit until he was reminded of the task and altered it to 'it was 'gourmet', don't get me wrong'....:rolleyes:

After every episode I'm now wondering what else I'm paying far too much for...:p

I don't think it is the price, it's the quality and location that won the task. There are football clubs that do charge that much and other forms of entertainment where the charges are more. There are a couple of local events where about £6 is the going rate for good quality food. Katie seemed to know little outside of London, so her suggestion of £8 or so was probably based, as hinted at last night, by prices at Chelsea, Arsenal etc. The mistake was the pork dish used poor ingredients, did not understand the task (a high quality street food), missed the lunch trade and so on. Even so, the difference was not as it might have been, it sounded as though too much beef was bought. If there was less they might have won easily. There is a very good market for food at £6-£7 if the location/food is right. Some people want cheap and do not care about quality, welfare etc but there is good money to be made from people who want brasserie quality food, locally sourced, like organic and good welfare, do not care about the sort of money this costs. Sell what people want, this is similar to how do people sell food at Disneyworld at the prices they do - they are the only food but no one has to buy it. I know someone who has paid £600 so their eight year old can be mascot twice at a football club. Makes the street food look like the best value ever :)