Options

Itunes and iphones

rosey-789rosey-789 Posts: 756
Forum Member
✭✭
Apart from itunes is there any other program you can use to add the contents of songs etc from an iphone/ipod.

I had to purchase a new computer and the music i have on my ipod from the old pc. now since changing computers itunes is wanting me to sync and add my ipod to it but it will end up deleting my songs which i don't want to happen. How can i put all these songs into itunes or is there something else i can use.

Comments

• Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    MediaMonkey states it is, even with iOS4 on the latest release, but I still use iTunes, mainly because I can't be bothered to try something else yet.

http://www.andrewgrant.org/2008/03/30/how-to-sync-an-iphone-with-two-or-more-computers.html might also work for you, though. I have my iphone synced with 3 computers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would continue to use itunes if it didn't want to sync my ipod which would then remove all my songs i have on now which i don't want to lose.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharepod Sharepod Sharepod Sharepod Sharepod

http://www.getsharepod.com/download/

Easily the best thing since sliced bread - i wouldn't do without it.

If you really want to continue using itunes, you can use sharepod to copy everything off to your hard drive and then just use itunes to re-sync it back up again with no loss of music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sharepod Sharepod Sharepod Sharepod Sharepod

http://www.getsharepod.com/download/

Easily the best thing since sliced bread - i wouldn't do without it.

If you really want to continue using itunes, you can use sharepod to copy everything off to your hard drive and then just use itunes to re-sync it back up again with no loss of music.

Unless he recently updated it, it works one way but not the other. Now I don't encode my music in itunes, I have it all lossless, and simply convert my flac files to AAC then add them to library... so the DRM where it exists and iStuff doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the link. I've just added it to my PC and it looks good and easy to use :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have to copy each song to your PC one by one or can you do it in bulk would you know ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ForestChav wrote: »
    Unless he recently updated it, 4it works one way but not the other..

For simple ipod use then it's really the best thing i've ever used - i'm not fussed about re-encoding music or anything like that. i just want to be able to add songs, create playlists and nothing much more than that.
    rosey-789 wrote: »
    Do you have to copy each song to your PC one by one or can you do it in bulk would you know ?

you can do it in bulk easily enough - click on the first song in your list, scroll down to the very bottom, hold down the SHIFT key and click on the last song - make sure every song is highlighted, then just click "Copy to Computer"

you can pick the folder to copy them to as well .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no problem. you might find you like it and ditch itunes all together :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For simple ipod use then it's really the best thing i've ever used - i'm not fussed about re-encoding music or anything like that. i just want to be able to add songs, create playlists and nothing much more than that.

At least with the release I have on ios4, copying to the PC works fine - I've used it to get music off my phone onto other machines all the time - but copying the other way means iPod app doesn't see it.