Jenna VS Laura in the boardroom.....

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blowup wrote: »
    It's probably the way it was cut, but I felt Jenna wasn't given a chance to speak by laura and the horrible noise was because of laura's squeaky voice. I felt laura had a smug, dismissive attitude to Jenna. siralan clearly doesn't rate jenna, he should have told laura to shut up. Yes jenna looks a bit down in the dumps and has a sort of monotone accent, but she deserved her chance to speak and laura seemed very full of herself (I knew she wouldn't be fired, although deserved to be). I don't like people who smile during arguments like laura did to jenna. :mad:

I noticed that and also feel the same as you. I thought Laura was an appalling PM and should've been fired because she obviously picked on the one thing she knew for sure would be noticed - the money spent on materials. It wouldn't surprise me if she deliberately ignored the amount being spent. She certainly likes the sound of her own voice, which for me is starting to sound like a little girl. As for Jenna's voice it's not the accent it's the level of pitch which grates.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toggler wrote: »
    I have had quite a few pastings from the PC brigade who can only accept one point of view - their own - as correct. I generally don't bother repsponding to the agressive/insulttng ones which flood in as a result of me simply giving my personal view or opinion on whatever the subject matter is.

The thought police are out there monitoring me as I write this.........:eek::D

Well done you - I'll get used to it, I suppose because I really do enjoy these boards. The wit and perceptive humour is really of a fantastic quality.

I don't mind the disagreement; it's when the other person presumably can't argue persuasively and resorts to name calling. Not always bad enough to get the mods in but just slam, bang aggressive which is right in your face. I say I think Karen could dress more impressively and within a day I'm hateful, vitriolic, sexist, awful and god alone knows how many other things. I think its the narrow mindedness that depresses me, whereas I love a good debate. Oh well:confused::rolleyes:
  • TinahelyTinahely Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I think Jenna could be a dark horse.
    Agreed.:) I don't understand why people are so against her.
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To those going on about Jenna's accent, I have to say I'm surprised not much has been made of Nick's - he's from Birmingham yet I haven't really seen any negative comments about his accent, which is quite amusing as most people say the Brummie accent is the worst to listen to.
  • dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~V~ wrote: »
    Whenever I hear Jenna, it just puts me in mind of a duck quacking away. :D

I know that voice reminded me of something , Now I know :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted By The AuburnEnigma: To those going on about Jenna's accent, I have to say I'm surprised not much has been made of Nick's - he's from Birmingham yet I haven't really seen any negative comments about his accent, which is quite amusing as most people say the Brummie accent is the worst to listen to.
    [/QUOTE]

Maybe it's because Nick has not spoken as much as Jenna. To be honest, Nick's accent is fine. Nick does not particularly have a strong Brummie accent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe it's because Nick has not spoken as much as Jenna. To be honest, Nick's accent is fine. Nick does not particularly have a strong Brummie accent.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I don't think he has that much of the Brummie accent. I just find it interesting as when people meet me, they tend to think I'm from Birmingham whereas I actually have a slight Wulfrunian (think that's the right word) accent.

Jenna's accent doesn't sound too bad to me and I can usually understand her fine.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's because Nick has not spoken as much as Jenna. To be honest, Nick's accent is fine. Nick does not particularly have a strong Brummie accent.

I agree, I don't think he has that much of the Brummie accent. I just find it interesting as when people meet me, they tend to think I'm from Birmingham whereas I actually have a slight Wulfrunian (think that's the right word) accent.

Jenna's accent doesn't sound too bad to me and I can usually understand her fine.[/QUOTE]

Wulfrunian? Tell me more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jenna's accent doesn't sound too bad to me and I can usually understand her fine.

Wulfrunian? Tell me more[/QUOTE]

ie Wolverhampton - I think Wulfrunian is the correct word to use for someone who hails from there/the accent.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Jenna's annoying accent quite endearing. :o Also, the angry faces she pulls when arguing in the boardroom. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll be seeing more of Jenna vs Laura. I can sense that they dislike each other.