The Apprentice You're Fired is getting worse....

Comments

• EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasnt bothered about Price's linguistic skills as I never expected a bint like her to have any

What bothers me is her trying to make out she is a legitimate 'business woman' when she is a glamour model who shagged Dwight Yorke a few times, had his kid and latched onto to fame by putting her entire life up for hire

That is not business acumen, its the behaviour of someone who is unhinged.

Out of interest where do the differences lie between what a 'legitimate' business woman does and what an illegitimate business woman such as KP does?

Bear in mind that she is the director of Jordan Trading Limited and KDC Trading Ltd worth an estimated 1.25 million
    which have netted her a profit of over £30 million over the years. She is ranked 8th top female entrepreneur in the UK (Karren Brady is 4th, Deborah Medan from Dragon's Den is 7th).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I wasnt bothered about Price's linguistic skills as I never expected a bint like her to have any

What bothers me is her trying to make out she is a legitimate 'business woman' when she is a glamour model who shagged Dwight Yorke a few times, had his kid and latched onto to fame by putting her entire life up for hire

That is not business acumen, its the behaviour of someone who is unhinged.

For someone unhinged she seems to have made rather a lot of money and kept her success going longer than many in business, let alone her peers. I've not read her books, don't read the papers she is in, only seen a few minutes of her TV programme but I do recognise she has qualities that some others do not and despite, or because of, criticism KP keeps building her empire. Either KP is good at business or has good enough employment skills to choose people who are. All business takes ability, even if we do not like what they do, it's not wrong to acknowledge someone has some skill. It's not luck and plastic surgery.

Is she unhinged for doing things which are unpopular or are we for talking about it ? Doing unpopular things has made many fortunes for people using similar techniques. Madonna, Gaga, Hirst... other peers had similar talents but it was the controversy that made them household names. How many people can name an installation artist over a modern figurative artist ?
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people you named have talent - bar Hirst

NAME ME THE DISCERNING TALENT SHE POSSESES!

She's taken every shortcut there is to take. She took part in a sex tape, she lulled a 17 year old boy into bed with her while pregnant, she has entered into two marriages for the sake of money and published books she hasn't written.

If thats how you make your money then I'd rather be a homeless wretch, on the streets, on my knees, begging to be thrown lumps of half eaten chicken mcnuggets than achieve fame and fortune the way she has. I would literally rather die

I consider business people to have made their money in a decent manner. Just the way I am.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people you named have talent - bar Hirst

NAME ME THE DISCERNING TALENT SHE POSSESES!

She's taken every shortcut there is to take. She took part in a sex tape, she lulled a 17 year old boy into bed with her while pregnant, she has entered into two marriages for the sake of money and published books she hasn't written.

If thats how you make your money then I'd rather be a homeless wretch, on the streets, on my knees, begging to be thrown lumps of half eaten chicken mcnuggets than achieve fame and fortune the way she has. I would literally rather die

I consider business people to have made their money in a decent manner. Just the way I am.

A talent for making money perhaps. Name me the discerning talent Karren Brady or Lord Sugar have?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete. Double post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    A talent for making money perhaps. Name me the discerning talent Karren Brady or Lord Sugar have?

Sugar - Obviously his distribution of the Amstrad brand and many other business interests.

Brady - Has clawed up the decidedly male dominated environment of football and is arguably one of the most respected figures in the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugar - Obviously his distribution of the Amstrad brand and many other business interests.

Brady - Has clawed up the decidedly male dominated environment of football and is arguably one of the most respected figures in the game.

Yes, but those are just having a talent for business, Amstrad was just a cheap, value for money brand of product, no discerning music lover would have bought one.
    Karren Brady managed a business which happened to be a football club, she was not a talented footballer, is football really a legitimate business anyway?

I happen to loathe and despise Rupert Murdoch, however I concede that he is a successful business man even though he lies, cheats and breaks the law and his products are not fit to wipe a toilet bowl.
    A successful business is not defined by the product or lifestyle of it's owner.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't like KP or how she makes her money. It is not to be admired.

Having said that she has been very successful and some of that must be down to her rather than just having good management. Despite my dislike of how she earns her money she would appear to be quite astute.
    Forum Member

Agreed. Lord Sugar is a big part of low cost computing. Within a year a £3000 entry level was halved. He did use inferior parts but before this the industry was IBM dominated. Who needed IBM quality in a home PC ? There are half a dozen businessmen who led to computers changing so much that schools virtually insist children have access to one and sub £100 units are on the market. All of the half a dozen have flaws, it's the nature of big business but without them there would be no DS and I doubt if anyone would have seen a PC let alone use one. Sugar did not do this alone but he was a big part in the UK along with a number of other home grown manufacturers. Sugar is one of the very few who has survived. Interestingly, if Sugar had been able to go further, he might have sold more systems using DR-DOS at a point when UK sales were crucial, where would Microsoft be after that ?

Brady did something incredible. Football, even now is heavily male dominated and little respect is shown to women in the game. Brady had what it required and someone with the forethought to provide the platform for her. Despite the heavy casualty rate in football, she has survived where many men have not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    Yes, but those are just having a talent for business, Amstrad was just a cheap, value for money brand of product, no discerning music lover would have bought one.

If you weren't well off you might have
    Karren Brady managed a business which happened to be a football club, she was not a talented footballer, is football really a legitimate business anyway?

Is that a joke? Football is one of the biggest businesses on earth.

I
    happen to loathe and despise Rupert Murdoch, however I concede that he is a successful business man even though he lies, cheats and breaks the law and his products are not fit to wipe a toilet bowl.
    A successful business is not defined by the product or lifestyle of it's owner

Murdoch is a corrupt sack of shit. Katie Price probably idolizes him. The phone hacking scandal temporarily brought the old bastard to his knees.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't read the media tittle tattle about Katie Price with which we're bombarded on a daily basis. However I can say with conviction that she is an accomplished horsewoman.

In 2008 she appeared in a dressage competition in Hickstead and has appeared at The Horse of the Year Show. Despite being subjected to much ridicule before her appearances she confounded her critics and impressed some seasoned and well respected members of the horse world with her aptitude. On the back of this and she launched a very successful range of equestrian wear for horse and rider.

There is definitely more than one side to Katie and one is a very shrewd business lady.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I don't read the media tittle tattle about Katie Price with which we're bombarded on a daily basis..

Then until you do, your argument is redundant, her 'business' is operated entirely out of the media. The dictionary definition of Media **** - pun intended.
    However I can say with conviction that she is an accomplished horsewoman.

In 2008 she appeared in a dressage competition in Hickstead and has appeared at The Horse of the Year Show. Despite being subjected to much ridicule before her appearances she confounded her critics and impressed some seasoned and well respected members of the horse world with her aptitude. On the back of this and she launched a very successful range of equestrian wear for horse and rider.

I fail to see how this is pertinent to the debate. So her PA told her to do this to win back respect, big deal.
    There is definitely more than one side to Katie and one is a very shrewd business lady

There is only one side to this idiot and her robot drone fans will keep her 'popular' for way too long.

I crave her fall from grace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that a joke? Football is one of the biggest businesses on earth.

Yes and it is obscene that so much money is tied up in a business that provides and achieves absolutely nothing that benefits society or the majority of the people who live in it.

Of course a few people with an eye for business have manipulated this sport and turned it into an industry which does nothing but suck money out of the economy and give nothing back except to a few uneducated yobs who would be hard pushed finding employment stacking shelves if they hadn't been able to kick a football in a straight line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then until you do, your argument is redundant, her 'business' is operated entirely out of the media. The dictionary definition of Media **** - pun intended.
    I am well qualified to comment on her horsemanship and business acumen; which is what I did.
    I fail to see how this is pertinent to the debate. So her PA told her to do this to win back respect, big deal.
    I'm sure you meant PR rather than PA but we'll let that pass.

If she was unable to stay on a horse and demonstrate the skills required for dressage, do you really think she would have been invited to Hickstead and the Horse of The Year Show and would she have dared to take part? The horsey circle don't suffer fools or wannabes gladly and Katie succeeded in confounding those who had mocked her with a very creditable display. Sixth out of 23 in her first competition suggests more than a little natural ability.
    There is only one side to this idiot and her robot drone fans will keep her 'popular' for way too long.
    Is she moronic and/or imbecilic? If so I'll wager this 'idiot' is laughing all the way to the bank; and at those who deride her, safe in the knowleddge that she's salted away a more than comfortable pension fund.
    I crave her fall from grace
    When she can longer depend on 'tits and teeth' she can sit back and count her millions.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Karren Brady didn't "claw" up the football industry - she was born into it. Her father is a Jewish printing and property tycoon who was chairman of Swindon Town and a director of Portsmouth. All Karren's major jobs and roles have been with Jewish owned/linked businesses and Jewish personalities.

Katie Price wasn't as lucky as Karren to have been born into a rich and well-connected family, yet she's done well for herself. For this reason, I admire Katie as a businesswoman more than I do Karren.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind Katie Price, I was more offended by those idiots from 'Blue' sticking their oar in with their atrocious video congratulating Duane and spouting how great he was (news flash: he was fired). His brother fair enough - but was there any need for the input from the other two imbeciles?
    Any excuse for a bit of exposure :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    boab34 wrote: »
    Karren Brady didn't "claw" up the football industry - she was born into it. Her father is a Jewish printing and property tycoon who was chairman of Swindon Town and a director of Portsmouth. All Karren's major jobs and roles have been with Jewish owned/linked businesses and Jewish personalities.

Katie Price wasn't as lucky as Karren to have been born into a rich and well-connected family, yet she's done well for herself. For this reason, I admire Katie as a businesswoman more than I do Karren.

Jewish... oh dear, Which century is this ? Accusations like this are a little out of date...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I've no doubt you've heard the expression "don't dish it out if you can't take it," but I'm sure such oversensitity does not apply to you and that you'll take the following advice on board without feelings of rancour.:)

In the above sentence you have used the wrong indefinite article. 'An' is used only when followed by a vowel sound. In this instance the adjective following the indefinite article starts with a consonant; thus it should be preceded by 'a.'

I assume you mean she didn't deserve a spot on the panel.

Childlike does not require a hyphen.

Cringeworthy is one word.

It ill behoves you to criticise others unless you can claim perfection.

That is an unnecessarily long sentence that would benefit from the use of a full stop between 'entrepreneur' and 'the.'

You seem very attached to hyphens. Readily available is not hyphenated.

The puncuation required between 'me' and 'my' is a semicolon.

Oh dear, oh dear.

Just as you seem incapable of judging Duane's competency, so you seem incapable of judging whether a forum post meets reasonable standards.

Let me explain; no one is going to make a perfectly constructed post without making a lot of effort, and inevitably typos are going to feature, and so criticising a post for obvious typo errors doesn't really count as valid, unless the typos are on a gross scale. My criticisms have been of gross errors in intended text.

Also, it is a logical fallacy to presume one has to have “perfection” in linguistic and typing skills to be entitled to criticise gross errors of others. Amusingly, your own critical post does not match the standards you demand of my critical post, your brief and simple post has several obvious errors. Do you know how to spell ‘sensitivity’ and ‘punctuation’? Minor errors, and probably typos, but still, you really should have checked, given the subject matter and your provocative comments.

Of course I am aware that I used an 'an' where I should have used an 'a', just as I suspect that 99% of the forum is aware of it, that was a typo/edit error, same goes for missing an 'a' in 'a spot'. I am also going to claim the same for cringeworthy.

As for the usage of child-like; I would accept that childlike is an entry in the dictionary but I think I could defend the hyphen successfully.

The use of a hyphen in 'readily-available' was justified because I was using it as a compound word adjective. Just because ‘readily available’ is perfectly valid in other contexts does not mean the hyphen form is invalid in different contexts.

As for your claim that I had an overly long sentence that would have benefited from a full stop rather than a comma, well you are wrong. The adjectival clause and the following clause are correctly formed and the whole sentence is well balanced, and the fact you think otherwise suggests you are not really capable of handling long sentences.

The one valid non-typo point you have is that the punctuation between 'me' and 'my' should have been a ';'.

So, on the only major criticism you offer, the one of overly long and incorrectly formed sentence, you are completely wrong and, of course, on the main cutting point you present, that one can only criticise from a position of perfection, is utterly wrong, and made hilarious by your inclusion of several errors. Case solved on numerous counts.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've no doubt you've heard the expression "don't dish it out if you can't take it," but I'm sure such oversensitity does not apply to you and that you'll take the following advice on board without feelings of rancour.:)

In the above sentence you have used the wrong indefinite article. 'An' is used only when followed by a vowel sound. In this instance the adjective following the indefinite article starts with a consonant; thus it should be preceded by 'a.'

I assume you mean she didn't deserve a spot on the panel.

Childlike does not require a hyphen.

Cringeworthy is one word.

It ill behoves you to criticise others unless you can claim perfection.

That is an unnecessarily long sentence that would benefit from the use of a full stop between 'entrepreneur' and 'the.'

You seem very attached to hyphens. Readily available is not hyphenated.

The puncuation required between 'me' and 'my' is a semicolon.
    What does that word mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »

I didnt actually know that Karren Brady was jewish - but what does it matter? It's completely irrelevent.

If Katie Price learned to ride a horse when she was a kid, they couldn't have been that poor.

I admire Karren as a businesswoman more than I do Price for the mere reason that Karren IS a businesswoman, and the other person is not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Flossie- wrote: »
    Oh dear, oh dear.

Just as you seem incapable of judging Duane's competency, so you seem incapable of judging whether a forum post meets reasonable standards.

Let me explain; no one is going to make a perfectly constructed post without making a lot of effort, and inevitably typos are going to feature, and so criticising a post for obvious typo errors doesn't really count as valid, unless the typos are on a gross scale. My criticisms have been of gross errors in intended text.

Also, it is a logical fallacy to presume one has to have “perfection” in linguistic and typing skills to be entitled to criticise gross errors of others. Amusingly, your own critical post does not match the standards you demand of my critical post, your brief and simple post has several obvious errors. Do you know how to spell ‘sensitivity’ and ‘punctuation’? Minor errors, and probably typos, but still, you really should have checked, given the subject matter and your provocative comments.

Of course I am aware that I used an 'an' where I should have used an 'a', just as I suspect that 99% of the forum is aware of it, that was a typo/edit error, same goes for missing an 'a' in 'a spot'. I am also going to claim the same for cringeworthy.

As for the usage of child-like; I would accept that childlike is an entry in the dictionary but I think I could defend the hyphen successfully.

The use of a hyphen in 'readily-available' was justified because I was using it as a compound word adjective. Just because ‘readily available’ is perfectly valid in other contexts does not mean the hyphen form is invalid in different contexts.

As for your claim that I had an overly long sentence that would have benefited from a full stop rather than a comma, well you are wrong. The adjectival clause and the following clause are correctly formed and the whole sentence is well balanced, and the fact you think otherwise suggests you are not really capable of handling long sentences.

The one valid non-typo point you have is that the punctuation between 'me' and 'my' should have been a ';'.

So, on the only major criticism you offer, the one of overly long and incorrectly formed sentence, you are completely wrong and, of course, on the main cutting point you present, that one can only criticise from a position of perfection, is utterly wrong, and made hilarious by your inclusion of several errors. Case solved on numerous counts.
    Addisonian wrote: »
    What does that word mean?
    Guilty of a couple of typos but then I don't go around picking holes in the grammar and spelling of others, unless I see them doing it to their fellow members.
    Forum Member
    I didnt actually know that Karren Brady was jewish - but what does it matter? It's completely irrelevent.

If Katie Price learned to ride a horse when she was a kid, they couldn't have been that poor.

I admire Karren as a businesswoman more than I do Price for the mere reason that Karren IS a businesswoman, and the other person is not.

Agree with the above. A shame that hundreds, thousands of years on one word is a red rag to some people. Lord Sugar employs many people from all backgrounds as do Birmingham City and the other companies concerned, I can not see that one person has been chosen due to her DNA... unless it is because Karren is good at her job. You get no credibility in a male dominated industry like football when you are a woman unless you excel at what you do.

Perhaps Karren is Illuminati and Bilderberg too.... according to daily science the next big threat taking over the world is jellyfish, be warned ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, oh dear.

Hilarious. Your post was riddled with inaccuracies and you know it. Glossing over mistakes by claiming such errors are valid does not make it so. You certainly cannot justify the hyphen in childlike or readily available and whilst I accept there were some typos in there, I don't believe this applied to cringeworthy.

I am fully aware that on occasion a long sentence contributes to the pacing of the written word. However no such criteria applied to your inordinately long sentence, the meaning of which could have easily been expressed more succinctly. Clearly you're not a fan of brevity.

I didn't point out your misspelling of humourous because for all I know you might be American. Then again it might have been another typo in the same mould as my mistakes.

For numerous reasons many people in every walk of life have not had the benefit of a good education. Does that preclude them from expressing an opinion, even though their comments might be littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes? I think not!

It's not clever to deride and ridicule others on a public forum. I know for a fact that more than one member has been sufficiently embarrassed and intimidated to stop posting altogether. That is such a pity because the more one reads good English the more likely one is to improve.

E&OE.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Hilarious. Your post was riddled with inaccuracies and you know it. Glossing over mistakes by claiming such errors are valid does not make it so. You certainly cannot justify the hyphen in childlike or readily available and whilst I accept there were some typos in there, I don't believe this applied to cringeworthy.

I am fully aware that on occasion a long sentence contributes to the pacing of the written word. However no such criteria applied to your inordinately long sentence, the meaning of which could have easily been expressed more succinctly. Clearly you're not a fan of brevity.

I didn't point out your misspelling of humourous because for all I know you might be American. Then again it might have been another typo in the same mould as my mistakes.

For numerous reasons many people in every walk of life have not had the benefit of a good education. Does that preclude them from expressing an opinion, even though their comments might be littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes? I think not!

It's not clever to deride and ridicule others on a public forum. I know for a fact that more than one member has been sufficiently embarrassed and intimidated to stop posting altogether. That is such a pity because the more one reads good English the more likely one is to improve.

E&OE.

:D

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, this is even more hilarious than the last effort, for reasons I will explain, but it is made doubly hilarious by kidnapping my use of ‘hilarious”. Presumably you find my usage very effective, and, as imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, perhaps I shouldn’t be aggrieved.

Before I come to the killer punch, I will deal with the trivia.

Almost all of the inaccuracies, as you call them, were typos, and you now seem to understand that they are of minor importance, perhaps only because you made them as well while hypocritically demanding “perfection” of me. However, I do wonder that your spelling of sensitivity was so bad, I may be being overly-generous in believing it to be a typo.

I certainly can justify the hyphen in child-like, because of course it is the contraction of that phrase that provided the word childlike, and here is the etymology and usage http://www.memidex.com/childlike

As for cringeworthy, well I can’t prove I know the word, but it is so well known that I think a court would give me the benefit of the doubt.

As to my sentence which you claim was overly long; let’s have a look at it again.
    “Just because she has wads of dosh doesn't make her an entrepreneur, the Apprentice is supposedly about business acumen, not just jumping on to the readily-available conveyor belt to prosperity for women who want to take their kit off.”

The second and third clause of the sentence make points relevant to the point in the first clause, and so all the clauses are bound together into a tightly bound semantic entity, and, as they flow naturally grammatically, the sentence works well and is well balanced. You are obviously not qualified to use or read long sentences, perhaps you just work in bullet points.

Ok, now the best bit.

You generously didn’t highlight my ‘incorrect’ usage of ‘humorous” which should have been 'humourous"……… wait for the punchline people, wait for it…. quiet at the back there…. it’s coming…… there is no word “humourous” in an English dictionary. Yep, there are several examples in the English language where the ‘u’” disappears when an ‘”ous” is appended to a word and one example is ‘humour’. Oh dear, what a cock up. I mean, you really, really ought to have checked the centrepiece of the criticism in your post, given that in the last post your centrepiece criticism was also invalid. These antics are absolutely hilarious, and presumably this behaviour is habitual and will be repeated. Do you check things when you should in a work environment? One has to wonder.

And your plea for the politically correct position that posts can be “littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes” is ridiculous. How would people learn to improve if they were not made aware of their gross errors which make communication difficult? As I have said before, it is only gross errors I have highlighted, not the silly typos which you have used in your invalid attempts to make counter arguments.

Let the hilarity roll on. You have my permission to use the word hilarious, but don’t wear it out or use it inappropriately as I will want it back in full working condition and correctly spelt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, this is even more hilarious than the last effort, for reasons I will explain, but it is made doubly hilarious by kidnapping my use of ‘hilarious”. Presumably you find my usage very effective, and, as imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, perhaps I shouldn’t be aggrieved.
    No comma required before and.

Hilarious is not an uncommon word; certainly not sufficiently obscure to require imitation. I'm sure no court in the land would find me guilty of plagiarism because I too used the word hilarious.

Of course there are other words I could have used; priceless, risible or laughable for example.
    Almost all of the inaccuracies, as you call them, were typos, and you now seem to understand that they are of minor importance, perhaps only because you made them as well while hypocritically demanding “perfection” of me. However, I do wonder that your spelling of sensitivity was so bad, I may be being overly-generous in believing it to be a typo.
    I made two typos; hardly in the same league as your own.

The emboldened sentence simply doesn't make sense. Do you wonder that or do you wonder why?

Rather than "I may be being" do you think that 'Perhaps I am being,' or 'Am I being?' is less clumsy than following 'be' with 'being?'

Incidentally there is no hyphen in overly generous.

The poor hyphen will surely feel abandoned when you finally learn the correct usage.
    I certainly can justify the hyphen in child-like, because of course it is the contraction of that phrase that provided the word childlike, and here is the etymology and usage http://www.memidex.com/childlike
    You can try to justify your errors from here to eternity; there is no hyphen in childlike.

That is so desperate.:D Sure the etymology indicates the derivation of the word, but nowhere in the link you provided is childlike hyphenated.

Nice try but no cigar.
    As for cringeworthy, well I can’t prove I know the word, but it is so well known that I think a court would give me the benefit of the doubt.
    As is hilarious - see my point above.

I'm sure you've heard of cringworthy, but I'm equally sure that you were not aware that it is one word. Still it's good to know that you're open to correction.
    As to my sentence which you claim was overly long; let’s have a look at it again.
    “Just because she has wads of dosh doesn't make her an entrepreneur, the Apprentice is supposedly about business acumen, not just jumping on to the readily-available conveyor belt to prosperity for women who want to take their kit off.”

The second and third clause of the sentence make points relevant to the point in the first clause, and so all the clauses are bound together into a tightly bound semantic entity, and, as they flow naturally grammatically, the sentence works well and is well balanced. You are obviously not qualified to use or read long sentences, perhaps you just work in bullet points.
    That is nonsense. Your point lost it's clarity due to your obvious inability to be succinct. Were you ever required to write a précis whilst at school? It's a great exercise for making one's point clearly and concisely.
    Ok, now the best bit.

You generously didn’t highlight my ‘incorrect’ usage of ‘humorous” which should have been 'humourous"……… wait for the punchline people, wait for it…. quiet at the back there…. it’s coming…… there is no word “humourous” in an English dictionary. Yep, there are several examples in the English language where the ‘u’” disappears when an ‘”ous” is appended to a word and one example is ‘humour’. Oh dear, what a cock up. I mean, you really, really ought to have checked the centrepiece of the criticism in your post, given that in the last post your centrepiece criticism was also invalid. These antics are absolutely hilarious, and presumably this behaviour is habitual and will be repeated. Do you check things when you should in a work environment? One has to wonder.
    Humorous is an alternative spelling of humourous. It is not a replacement and does not invalidate the latter spelling.

You clearly don't check your own missives, otherwise your original post would not have been littered with so many typos. I assume your work does not require accurate spelling and grammar from you
    And your plea for the politically correct position that posts can be “littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes” is ridiculous. How would people learn to improve if they were not made aware of their gross errors which make communication difficult? As I have said before, it is only gross errors I have highlighted, not the silly typos which you have used in your invalid attempts to make counter arguments.

Let the hilarity roll on. You have my permission to use the word hilarious, but don’t wear it out or use it inappropriately as I will want it back in full working condition and correctly spelt.
    Is it really your job to make everyone else aware of errors which, though considered gross in your opinion, are often nothing of the sort? Indeed you seem to use such criticisms to validate some of your more spurious arguments.

On the assumption that you were educated to a reasonable level, there is less excuse for your mistakes than for those who have not enjoyed such privilege. Your poor punctuation and constant misuse of the hyphen suggest that, despite your supercilious attitude, you weren't quite as attentive in your English classes as you should have been.

I find your attempts to abash those who question you more amusing than insulting. Insult is usually the last resort of the desperate. For amusing feel free to to subsitute risible, laughable or even ludicrous; indeed anything but hilarious. You're welcome to possession of the word but be very careful and guard it well; there are those who would dispute your ownership and might defile it's usage.:mad:;)