Lana Del Rey Tropico - 30 min video is coming

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lana Del Rey told fans in Lebanon that her new short film/music video is going to be a story about Adam (played by Shaun Ross) and Eve (played by LDR) based around the plot of them both finding their way back to their “innocence"

Updated: The video starts at the beginning of time when God created the first humans (Adam & Eve) and she eats the apple and then goes down to earth where they both go through hell and return to innocence (heaven).

As mentioned before, Tropico will feature the songs Body Electric, Bel Air and Gods and Monsters and will be directed by Anthony Mandler!

Lana Del Rey unveils poster for short film 'Tropico'
"TROPICO - a 30 minute film coming to a city near your. Premier dates coming soon. Lots of Love, Lana Del Rey," she tweeted.

The clip co-stars model Shaun Ross and features Del Rey's songs 'Bel Air', 'Gods & Monsters' and 'Body Electric' in the soundtrack.

Tropico was filmed earlier this month in California and is said to be a continuation of her 'Bel Air' music video, which has been removed from her VEVO channel
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a501748/lana-del-rey-unveils-poster-for-short-film-tropico.html

Comments

• konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Going to be spectacular, I'm sure. The people who are seemingly only too willing to work with her now tells you how far she's come in such a short space of time. People like Rick Rubin, Anthony Mandler, Rick Nowells, etc don't just work with anyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Going to be spectacular, I'm sure. The people who are seemingly only too willing to work with her now tells you how far she's come in such a short space of time. People like Rick Rubin, Anthony Mandler, Rick Nowells, etc don't just work with anyone.

Lol this bitch. she was asked 3 month ago how it was working together with producer legend Rick Rubin and she answered it was just for one day then she sidetracked and talked how good it is to work with Rick Nowells. :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait

I wonder if this will get a dvd release. If only? I would happily buy a dvd full of all her videos. I could watch them all day on repeat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they screen this here. I love her videos. They're so well thought out and have a certain old Hollywood type glamour to them.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lana Del Rey. Yeah, it's all so overblown and bombastic that if most people did it it'd be ridiculous, but she's got that Jim Steinman thing going on where it somehow actually works.

Lynch needs to do a video for her.