Options

Peter feckin Andre on Loose Women......BORING

Comments

• Options
    ManacledHeirManacledHeir Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    There seems to be a lot of assumptions on this thread. His programme hasn`t even started yet, but already we`ve had Peter Andre called all kinds of names on the `assumption` of what people THINK are on his show?

May i add, whatever IS on his show, that`s his and his families choice. Just as people either watch it or they don`t. Their choice.

It`ll be interesting to see the viewing figures..
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    With all due respect, why would anyone want to watch a complete stranger going through cancer treatment? I struggled to watch my relatives go through it. It should not be used to boost ratings of a z list zeleb show nor used as a form of entertainment. I struggle to see how this brings awareness to cancer I really do. We all know cancer exists and watching Peter break down in tears isn't going to change that. It's a private family matter and Peter is a vile, pathetic excuse for a man to take advantage of the situation when he should be protecting his brother.

This.
    I don't think for a minute that anyone is saying that PA shouldn't necessarily discuss his brother's illness.I think that the main objection from most people seems to be the context that he's discussing it in - "watch ME go through the trauma of MY BROTHER's illness,interspersed with "news" about whichever bint's pants he's trying to weasel his way into this week>"
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    There seems to be a lot of assumptions on this thread. His programme hasn`t even started yet, but already we`ve had Peter Andre called all kinds of names on the `assumption` of what people THINK are on his show?

May i add, whatever IS on his show, that`s his and his families choice. Just as people either watch it or they don`t. Their choice.

It`ll be interesting to see the viewing figures..

Not see trailer?
  • Options
    Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter has been called lots of names and rightfully so because of things he has already did regarding his brothers cancer. The tacky ok front cover with an old "sexy" *vomit smiley* picture declaring before they know anything that if the cancer spreads his brother will die! That's just one example.

I cannot believe a seriously ill man and his immediate family thought that was appropriate. I have a long term illness which is life threatening and if anyone in my family spoke like that I would be very very upset!! Never mind if they made money out of it or used it for their gain. That's all things Peter has did already and it doesn't sit well with people because it's inappropriate and Insensitive to cash in on a disease which affects so many. Peter isn't raising awareness hes using it as fodder for his show and cancer should not be used as a means to entertain. Let's face it; it's not going to be educational!
  • Options
    ManacledHeirManacledHeir Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »
    Not see trailer?

I haven`t as it happens. I`ll just watch the show tonight :)
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the record.. I will NOT Be watching his show. I also don't have a problem with Peter discussing his brothers illness. What I do have a problem with is his blatant use of his brothers cancer battle to gain public sympathy and increase his viewing figures. Peter nor his family have brought any awareness to the forefront at all. I have not seen anything that tells people how to look for signs of kidney cancer or how to get help in any of the interviews he has done. If he had done anything to promote cancer awareness I might of had a different view.
    I wish his brother a happy healthy outcome to his treatment. But judging by his own brothers comments it looks sadly like that isn't going to happen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all due respect, why would anyone want to watch a complete stranger going through cancer treatment? I struggled to watch my relatives go through it. It should not be used to boost ratings of a z list zeleb show nor used as a form of entertainment. I struggle to see how this brings awareness to cancer I really do. We all know cancer exists and watching Peter break down in tears isn't going to change that. It's a private family matter and Peter is a vile, pathetic excuse for a man to take advantage of the situation when he should be protecting his brother.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of KP so therefore, I didn't watch her reality shows.

Simple really. Why complain about what is/isn't going to be shown on his show if you're not even going to watch it.

Why does it matter if he shows his brother's cancer battle, if you're not interested in him and don't watch it.

I've said it a few times now. His brother is a grown man in his 50's. He has made the decision along with his family for his story to be told/shown, so why you all take offense on his behalf i don't know.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »

Simple really. Why complain about what is/isn't going to be shown on his show if you're not even going to watch it.

Why does it matter if he shows his brother's cancer battle, if you're not interested in him and don't watch it.

I've said it a few times now. His brother is a grown man in his 50's. He has made the decision along with his family for his story to be told/shown, so why you all take offense on his behalf i don't know.

Not all. I couldn't care less what PA does - it's his reputation that's at stake, after all - and for what it's worth, I think his brother is in danger of being seen in a similiar light to him. He plainly has no problem with his cancer being turned into a drama-led, ratings-driven media farce so why should anyone else?

It's interesting to watch (the farce, that is) in a car crash sense, to see how far they'll all go to milk this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have to watch his show to have an opinion about him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What has KP got to do with this?:confused:

This thread isnt just about the show, it's also about the way Peter has handled it up till now. Most decent people would protect their family when they are vulnerable, Peter exploits it.

When Patrick Swayze had cancer, his wife and family did not drip feed information to the press, nor did the Minogues when Kylie was ill, nor did Catherine Zeta-Jones when Michael was ill. I suppose with that in mind why on earth Peter and controlling Claire think this is a good strategy is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member

This thread isnt just about the show, it's also about the way Peter has handled it up till now. Most decent people would protect their family when they are vulnerable, Peter exploits it.

When Patrick Swayze had cancer, his wife and family did not drip feed information to the press, nor did the Minogues when Kylie was ill, nor did Catherine Zeta-Jones when Michael was ill. I suppose with that in mind why on earth Peter and controlling Claire think this is a good strategy is beyond me.

Again, so agree with this...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do get bored with the 'what has this got to do with KP' on a PA thread yet you pop over to a KP thread and PA is being mentioned. To me, they come as a pair!! Also, this thread is in fact about him being on Loose Women.

Patrick Swayze's wife wrote a book about his cancer fight and published it after his death...she was obviously keeping a daily diary during his illness, so to me she was cashing in on his death.

However, I have said it before Kylie, Patrick and Michael Douglas are A Listers, not Z listers like Pete. A listers are more private about their affairs. Z listers tell us everything even if we don't even want to know it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have to watch his show to have an opinion about him.

Exactly. I don't watch a lot of the Z listers reality shows, but I still have an opinion on them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly. I don't watch a lot of the Z listers reality shows, but I still have an opinion on them.

Sorry but this is weird statement...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N
    No matter what list a celeb is on .. They all have the right to privacy. Peter chooses to sell his it is not taken off him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Sorry but this is weird statement...

Can you explain why you think it is a weird statement?

Betty says she doesn't need to watch PA's show to have an opinion on him.

I am agreeing. I don't need to watch let's say...Katie Price, Amy Childs, Kerry Katona reality shows to have an opinion on them either.

Do you understand now? I don't find my statement weird at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N
    I understand what your point was. None of us need watch any of their shows to know what is happening as the media and others tell us
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N
    No matter what list a celeb is on .. They all have the right to privacy. Peter chooses to sell his it is not taken off him

I'm sorry I don't agree. Most Z listers have no claim to fame whatsoever. They choose to sell their engagement, wedding, divorce, first child, christening, second child, christening, post natal depression, bipolar etc, etc for us all to read about. For them then to turn round and say they would like the media to respect their privacy is an absolute joke.

An A lister does not ask to feature in mags etc, it is just the nature of the media that they take their photo and feature it in a story. They also have enough money to stop a story they are not happy about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N
    I understand what your point was.

I'm sure I just read that as 'I don't understand' and was just about to ask why!

Thanks - I thought it was easy enough to understand!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do get bored with the 'what has this got to do with KP' on a PA thread yet you pop over to a KP thread and PA is being mentioned. To me, they come as a pair!! Also, this thread is in fact about him being on Loose Women.

Patrick Swayze's wife wrote a book about his cancer fight and published it after his death...she was obviously keeping a daily diary during his illness, so to me she was cashing in on his death.

However, I have said it before Kylie, Patrick and Michael Douglas are A Listers, not Z listers like Pete. A listers are more private about their affairs. Z listers tell us everything even if we don't even want to know it!

I don't get why PA gets mentioned on a KP thread unless it's relevant. KP has no place in this, other than that she was criticised for not getting in touch with Peter about his brother; and as much as I dislike her, she was damned if she did, damned if she didn't.

You are right she has sold a book but she did not leak this when he was alive and still fighting. I don't recall her telling the world Patrick was going to die or commenting very much to the press, certainly no emotive, pulling at the heart string statements designed to get a sympathy vote.

I sort of agree with you about z listers to a degree In that yes selling their lives can be part of their career- but they don't all do it- some of them do have a degree of dignity and privacy.
    I think there is a line and Peter hasn't so much crossed that line, as he has leapt over it with this exploitation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N
    I don't agree. If Peter wanted privacy or Katie for that matter they could have it. All they have to do is find a way out the house or not contact the press before they go anywhere.
    It is their job to get in the papers. It's their bread n butter. If Peter was a massive star he wouldn't have to sell evey aspect of his life
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N
    I don't agree. If Peter wanted privacy or Katie for that matter they could have it. All they have to do is find a way out the house or not contact the press before they go anywhere.
    It is their job to get in the papers. It's their bread n butter. If Peter was a massive star he wouldn't have to sell evey aspect of his life

This!! ^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Peter didn't want his brothers illness to be known to the public, he would have said nothing or issued a simple statement saying his brother was ill and appeal for privacy. End of.

Let's not pretend the press have been harassing him for the story; he has given the information freely.

Kym Marsh said recently her father was ill and she was caring for him after he was in hospital. She didn't go into heart wrenching details or give heart wrenching interviews accompanied with old pics of her in swimwear with distateful headlines.

When Jade Goody died, Jeff Brazier got an injunction on the media reporting on the boys and photographing them. If he can do it, any zeleb can. The trouble is Peter does not want to, he's not interested in raising cancer awareness, he's only interested in raising Peter Andre awareness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Peter didn't want his brothers illness to be known to the public, he would have said nothing or issued a simple statement saying his brother was ill and appeal for privacy. End of.

Let's not pretend the press have been harassing him for the story; he has given the information freely.

Kym Marsh said recently her father was ill and she was caring for him after he was in hospital. She didn't go into heart wrenching details or give heart wrenching interviews accompanied with old pics of her in swimwear with distateful headlines.

When Jade Goody died, Jeff Brazier got an injunction on the media reporting on the boys and photographing them. If he can do it, any zeleb can. The trouble is Peter does not want to, he's not interested in raising cancer awareness, he's only interested in raising Peter Andre awareness.

For 3rd time tonight, THIS!
This discussion has been closed.