PS4 Dual shock Controller question

TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
Forum Member
✭✭
I have fully charged the controller but sometimes the light is on blue then sometimes on red any ideas?

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The light changes to whatever colour the game wants it to. It's not a battery indicator.

Nothing to worry about. :)
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basically what fastest says.

games can control the colour like on move. Some games can let the player choose the colour so it can be used in multiplayer.
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone post a link where to get the cheapest dual shock controller , i want a spare one thx
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TechnoGeek wrote: »
    Anyone post a link where to get the cheapest dual shock controller , i want a spare one thx

The best I have seen is on Gamestop http://www.gamestop.co.uk/PlayStation%204 at £40. At the moment Zavvi are matching that price because of the Black Friday deals but it could go back up where as I think that's the normal price at Gamestop.

While still not cheap they are exceptionally good controllers so I'd say it's just about worth it at £40.
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a 2nd controller brand new from C.E.X. Today for £24 traded in Fifa 14 PS3 for £21 trade in voucher. cost of controller without voucher £45.
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have fully charged the controller but sometimes the light is on blue then sometimes on red any ideas?

First user signed in is blue, second red, third yellow, fourth pink etc.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a health indicator in some games and changes colour when you take damage/are on low health.
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    It is a health indicator in some games and changes colour when you take damage/are on low health.

Some games, but primarily it works as I said above. I know Killzone flashes red when you are low on health and green normally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    FIFA made mine red, given you traded in the PS3 version guessing maybe you have the PS4 version too.

Thief will change colour depending on if you're in shadows or not.

Perhaps useful but I can't even see the light in the dark unless I look down so not sure how useful it will be.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben_Sm4 wrote: »
    Perhaps useful but I can't even see the light in the dark unless I look down so not sure how useful it will be.

Yes, I think it will depend on the game. I like the idea of the light but I do wish they would add an option to disable it if desired as sometimes on dark scenes I find it reflects on my TV screen which can be a bit distracting.

Also, I suspect that big bright light is most of the reason for the (far) poorer battery life, the remainder probably to do with the fact the controller now has to handle audio as well as the normal button presses.

Nice to have all these extra features, just a shame battery technology doesn't seem to have advanced enough to support them very well. Seems that like our phones, our controllers are going to need daily charges too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The light uses 0.1v more compared to without the light. It was 3.8 vs 3.7 if I recall. So not a lot. It is just a glorified LED, it shouldn't draw too much power. Naturally the less drawn the better, though.

Cast me in the 'not affected' camp though, I have always gamed with my controller wired up as I game close to the TV and it prevents you from throwing it at the wall when you read one of 2D's forum posts.