Options

What period of time is used for the BSA's?

JonathanOpensh3JonathanOpensh3 Posts: 268
Forum Member
What I mean by this is when do they start the BSA's year from and when do they end it (meaning anything after when it ends would be eligible for the awards the year after)!

Sorry if i'm confusing anybody with this post, i'm confusing myself which doesn't take much! :D:blush:

Comments

• Options
    benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    It includes everything from the past 12 months, this year it was Monday 18 May 2015 - Friday 27 May 2016. So basically everything from the Monday after last year's awards to the Friday just gone. :)
  • Options
    JonathanOpensh3JonathanOpensh3 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Ben96 wrote: »
    It includes everything from the past 12 months, this year it was Monday 18 May 2015 - Friday 27 May 2016. So basically everything from the Monday after last year's awards to the Friday just gone. :)

Thanks for that! I'm glad you understood what I meant!

Has that been the same ever since the awards began back in 1999?
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member

So does that mean they are (in part) voting for work that has not yet aired? I assumed that it would be the 12-month period ending immediately prior to drawing up the short-list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So does that mean they are (in part) voting for work that has not yet aired? I assumed that it would be the 12-month period ending immediately prior to drawing up the short-list.

Not sure about the public voted ones, but the panel probably have up until the day before (Friday 27 May) to decide, so therefore include the full timescale when deciding the winners.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the public voted ones, but the panel probably have up until the day before (Friday 27 May) to decide, so therefore include the full timescale when deciding the winners.

The public don't vote on the scene, single episode, dramatic performance etc type awards where it's based on specific moments I don't think which gives the panel more episodes to play with. We only vote on the actor, actress and soap type awards where it's more generic.
  • Options
    Joe_H11Joe_H11 Posts: 5,634
    Forum Member
    Isn't it from April until , until April. As that's when the long list is revealed?

Because why it it was until Friday, why wasn't some off Peggy's exit scenes nominated for best episode ect? I'll expect them to be nominated next year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_H11 wrote: »
    Isn't it from April until , until April. As that's when the long list is revealed?

Because why it it was until Friday, why wasn't some off Peggy's exit scenes nominated for best episode ect? I'll expect them to be nominated next year

Not sure, but Peggy's cancer was included in the montage at the beginning, so I'm assuming it covered that timeframe?
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I knew the NTA's were coming when corrie had a big week just in time for the vote, and thinking so did EE
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_H11 wrote: »

No idea but Peggys exit episode hasn't been the best episode in the timeframe specified anyway. plus dependant on when it was submitted the full peggy episode may not have been filmed and so couldnt be used
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I knew the NTA's were coming when corrie had a big week just in time for the vote, and thinking so did EE

The NTAs were in January, and whilst Corrie have done 'event' episodes previously in the run up to these awards, they didn't do so this year.
    They had a big week of episodes this year but I'm sure it's just down to scheduling that the Soap Awards were in the same week. Corrie always has a week of 9pm episodes when it's BGT semi finals week, this has not always been in the same week as the Soap Awards.