Options

Magician - "cut"gesture

lambylamby Posts: 3,518
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What was that all about when he was shaking hands?

Comments

• Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, weird eh?
  • Options
    textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I think the music for the end of his act came on but he wanted to speak. That's how I saw it anyway.
  • Options
    Laura82xLaura82x Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I think he cut his act short. I'm guessing he was meant to do something with the card in his pocket
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura82x wrote: »
    I think he cut his act short. I'm guessing he was meant to do something with the card in his pocket

Yeah I think so but he realised the reaction to his lemon trick was the best point to end on or there could have been an anticlimax
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He definitely cut his act short, don't know why though ?
  • Options
    Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was he going to do something with the card in the pocket? For some reason he couldn't do it?
  • Options
    The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    I initially thought he was just asking the audience to quieten down so he could say his
    last words so he could end with a flourish but watching it again I am not so sure.

It's not really the obvious way to signal to the audience. It does seem more like a signal to
    someone off screen. Also the card in the pocket is weird. He specifically says he wants to
    "finish" where he began with that card.

While the bit with Simon is connected to that trick it is not actually the end of the performance.
    This could still be what he meant though. Simply end with it as in it is part of the final act.

But the fact he kept the card in plain sight throughout definitely suggests there would be
    a reveal using it. So... :confused:

I guess he might have just ran out of time.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Bonobo wrote: »
    I initially thought he was just asking the audience to quieten down so he could say his
    last words so he could end with a flourish but watching it again I am not so sure.

It's not really the obvious way to signal to the audience. It does seem more like a signal to
    someone off screen. Also the card in the pocket is weird. He specifically says he wants to
    "finish" where he began with that card.

While the bit with Simon is connected to that trick it is not actually the end of the performance.
    This could still be what he meant though. Simply end with it as in it is part of the final act.

But the fact he kept the card in plain sight throughout definitely suggests there would be
    a reveal using it. So... :confused:

I guess he might have just ran out of time.

Looking back on it, he definitely did state that he would return back to that card.

Its a clear mess up, and i think its caused by the Judges standing and congratulating him on the lemon trick, and him getting out of the show on a high and the audience applauding.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    I thought there was something more to come with the card in the pocket - the last thing he said to Ant & Dec, I think, was "I wish I had a photograph" (of the judges' faces) - so I thought at the last minute he was going to get the card out and it would be a photo of the judges.

But it never happened so I'm talking shyte :D
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought there was something more to come with the card in the pocket - the last thing he said to Ant & Dec, I think, was "I wish I had a photograph" (of the judges' faces) - so I thought at the last minute he was going to get the card out and it would be a photo of the judges.

But it never happened so I'm talking shyte :D

well something should have happened with that card.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think he forgot he was yet to do the card trick from the audition. His memory must be terrible.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Probably thought the lemon made a better finale.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    Probably thought the lemon made a better finale.

I imagine that it did, 155 years ago.
  • Options
    Sarah777Sarah777 Posts: 5,060
    Forum Member
    I saw that last night frantically asking to cut and wondered why?. Now after the shot of the hole in the lemon appearing, I think he must have seen the camera guy zooming into the lemon and thought his secret will be revealed and may that's why he was telling the cameraman to cut and abruptly finished.
  • Options
    ksmiggyksmiggy Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah777 wrote: »
    I saw that last night frantically asking to cut and wondered why?. Now after the shot of the hole in the lemon appearing, I think he must have seen the camera guy zooming into the lemon and thought his secret will be revealed and may that's why he was telling the cameraman to cut and abruptly finished.

This is how I saw it, as far as I saw, there was nothing to do with the other card, it was used purely as reference to introduce the first trick where he asked simon what his alternative card would have been.

I assumed it was either a hint to the cameraman or Aliesha not to say.
    If it's done the same as a similar trick, close examination would reveal the signatures not being quite right, close enough at a glance, but usually it is prepared in advance and only has to stand up to mild scrutiny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just was going to do another trick with the card but since all the judges were on their feet shaking his hand he knew that was the right time to leave the stage...shrewd.
  • Options
    Sarah777Sarah777 Posts: 5,060
    Forum Member
    ksmiggy wrote: »
    This is how I saw it, as far as I saw, there was nothing to do with the other card, it was used purely as reference to introduce the first trick where he asked simon what his alternative card would have been.

I assumed it was either a hint to the cameraman or Aliesha not to say.
    If it's done the same as a similar trick, close examination would reveal the signatures not being quite right, close enough at a glance, but usually it is prepared in advance and only has to stand up to mild scrutiny.

I think the paper with signature is the same. The allegations are that the lemon had a hole on one side and while he was cutting the lemon he stuffed the paper through that side hole. See if the paper was inside the lemon, there was no need for him to take it,
    He could have asked Alesha to cut the lemon and see. He asked her to open the big and small boxes and asked her to hand the lemon to him. He had already taken the paper and folded it. In the pictures circulating, you can the one half of the lemon has a hole cut through the skin.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just was going to do another trick with the card but since all the judges were on their feet shaking his hand he knew that was the right time to leave the stage...shrewd.

Yes this is what I think