DC's Legends of Tomorrow - UK PACE - Sky 1

Comments

• Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    I fell asleep watching it.

So if you have trouble sleeping then you've something that can help.
  • Mint-OpinionMint-Opinion Posts: 16,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion the only remotely believable performance was Victor Garber. Everyone else was just very bad, especially Arthur Darvil. The special effects were laughable, obviously all the money was spent on The Flash and The Arrow. I'll be surprised if this makes it to season 2.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion the only remotely believable performance was Victor Garber. Everyone else was just very bad, especially Arthur Darvil. The special effects were laughable, obviously all the money was spent on The Flash and The Arrow. I'll be surprised if this makes it to season 2.

Yep, I thought that Victor Garber was the only good thing about it. Rory wasn't great, but captain cold and captain hot seemed more like they thought it was pantomime season, they were easily the worst of the cast.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Most reviewing sites have it as a near certainty for a second season.
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The CGI wasn't that bad to be honest and the only actor I think is pretty bad is Dominic Purcell.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? So explain him landing a major role in one of the most-popular TV shows on the planet; Doctor Who?

....and he was the vicar in Broadchurch, another big show.
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvel haven't got anything to worry about based on this outing. I'm not a fanboy but this was childish and clichéd.
  • CrimsonmonCrimsonmon Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »
    Marvel haven't got anything to worry about based on this outing. I'm not a fanboy but this was childish and clichéd.

So it's just an MCU movie?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »

Why would Marvel be worried by it? It's got nothing to do with them and their TV shows aren't in competition with DCs.
    Crimsonmon wrote: »
    So it's just an MCU movie?

It has nothing to do with Marvel, I believe the implication is that Legends of Tomorrow was supposed to be some kind of threat to their comic rivals.
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    So if you have trouble sleeping then you've something that can help.

Funny thing is I rewatched it the next day and realised I'd missed very little that was of importance.

Watching episode 2 and I'm still not sure. Love Flash, Arrow, Gotham, I even don't mind Supergirl but this doesn't seem right. Too cartoony.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Good news, but wasn't there some talk of it only being a one-season show? Guess that plan's changed :D
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    Funny thing is I rewatched it the next day and realised I'd missed very little that was of importance.

Watching episode 2 and I'm still not sure. Love Flash, Arrow, Gotham, I even don't mind Supergirl but this doesn't seem right. Too cartoony.

I don't mind this but them shows you mentioned are so far ahead in terms of quality its not even funny. Maybe LOT will find its feet but i think they need to get rid the chuckle brothers especially Wentworth who is pretty crap on this.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its light and fun. I am now bored with Arrow, Flash is just hanging on for me. Supergirl two episodes and gave up.

Agents of Shield still loving season three.
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm probably more easier going as I'm liking Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.

They're fun shows to watch for me and don't have to be taken so serious, kind of remind me of days when Buffy/Angel, Stargate and Farscape etc were on. A lot of TV Shows have moved to a more darker and grittier look, so glad we still have some light entertainment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I'm probably more easier going as I'm liking Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.

They're fun shows to watch for me and don't have to be taken so serious, kind of remind me of days when Buffy/Angel, Stargate and Farscape etc were on. A lot of TV Shows have moved to a more darker and grittier look, so glad we still have some light entertainment.

Totally agree, LoT fulfils a totally different niche.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think 'The Arrow' is the darkest of the lot, way too serious for my liking.

The Flash is my fave and seems the most fun with LoT and Supergirl a close 2nd and 3rd.

Agents of Shield and Agent Carter fit in the middle.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    Its light and fun. I am now bored with Arrow, Flash is just hanging on for me. Supergirl two episodes and gave up.

Agents of Shield still loving season three.

You might want to give Agent Carter a watch if you haven't already.
    S2 is my favourite show at the moment, just ahead of AoS.
  • Vicky0ukVicky0uk Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving Agent Carter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent Carter has been a total breath of fresh air on the comic book inspired show front imho,
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Blimey lots of negativity on here. I have seen 1 episode it seemed ok. Acting was ok. No one thought they were going to be up for an Oscars did they?
    It's light entertainment just enjoy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    Blimey lots of negativity on here. I have seen 1 episode it seemed ok. Acting was ok. No one thought they were going to be up for an Oscars did they?
    It's light entertainment just enjoy it.

The US Pace thread is a lot happier :)
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe I missed something but -

isn't Vandal Savage also from the future ? in which case why was he so interested in developing a bit of Palmer's future tech ? he must have plenty of future tech of his own and can change 70s history with that - no ?

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe I missed something but -

isn't Vandal Savage also from the future ? in which case why was he so interested in developing a bit of Palmer's future tech ? he must have plenty of future tech of his own and can change 70s history with that - no ?

This version of Vandal Savage is an immortal from the past. The incident which gave Hawkman and Hawkgirl the ability to reincarnate also gave him his immortality
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    This version of Vandal Savage is an immortal from the past. The incident which gave Hawkman and Hawkgirl the ability to reincarnate also gave him his immortality

ah ok , thanks .