Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... Kira = Bright born?
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Kira was conceived through bright born as Sarah was still a criminal/absentee mother right up to the beginning of the first season when she returns from a ten month break from Kira. She clearly did not plan to be a mum so she wouldn't go for fertility treatment. She even mentioned she had abortions when castor had her in the desert. Mr professor duncan said to rachel that sarah's fertility was a failure in the program as the clones were designed to be infertile.

I wonder if they're ever going to make use of Helena's other 'science babies' that she believes have died. I thought at the beginning that they would be used for Cosima's treatment as I thought they would fail to find the original but Kendall wrecked that. Then I thought they would find a way to let Alison carry one so she could give birth to a child and experience pregnancy (it would also have her DNA technically) but Helena indicated they're dead so that may not happen.

I hope there is more Cosima soon. She is barely in this season. I really like her character which is strange because at the beginning she was my least favourite.

Ferdinand is a bit too panto villain for my taste. I will blame the writing as the actor was brilliant in the tudors as Thomas Cromwell and really menacing. I hated him when he stitched up Anne Boleyn (played brilliantly by Natalie Dormer).
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dayum, Krystal is hot.

Relly enjoying this season. I hope Krystal meets her sestras.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 5 was off the chart crazy good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Episode 5 was off the chart crazy good!

Agreed best episode of the series for me or joint best with the episode with Beth's final moments with MK. Last week felt like filler but the story is really picking up now.

It was great to see more Cosima this week. Tatianna as Cosima is great. She really makes you feel sad/horrified etc whatever Cosima is feeling. I also love Krystal. I wish she had let Donnie explain so she could find out the truth although she seems surprisingly smart and resourceful so she could find out the truth eventually.

That end scene with Ira and Susan was beyond creepy. :(

Excited to see more next week.

Is there only 10 eps for this season too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    Agreed best episode of the series for me or joint best with the episode with Beth's final moments with MK. Last week felt like filler but the story is really picking up now.

It was great to see more Cosima this week. Tatianna as Cosima is great. She really makes you feel sad/horrified etc whatever Cosima is feeling. I also love Krystal. I wish she had let Donnie explain so she could find out the truth although she seems surprisingly smart and resourceful so she could find out the truth eventually.

That end scene with Ira and Susan was beyond creepy. :(

Excited to see more next week.

Is there only 10 eps for this season too?

It really was great. That final scene genuinely made me gasp out loud. :o I loved Krystal getting a starring role, she's so watchable as a character. And I agree about Cosima. It still blows my mind how brilliantly Tatiana is able to portray so many different characters so well.

The other bit that shocked me was the baby being born with clefts all over its face. Just horrible.

I'm still kind of expecting another twist with Adele but that might be it now we've found out she's definitely Felix's sister. I hope nothing more happens, for Felix's sake, though I hate him and Sarah drifting apart like this. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that baby twist was awful. I thought it would just look like a neolutionist baby with weird eye colours or something. Did not expect that. Tatianna was brilliant in that scene in particular. I keep wondering what they did with the deformed baby like if they would kill it. I wouldn't put it past them.

I was convinced Adele was really his mother and that Sarah would reveal that to him so that both Sarah and Adele were in the wrong. I was shocked it confirmed they were siblings. I still think the story will be going somewhere though but I don't know if it will be neolutionist related or just contribute to Felix leaving maybe.

I am enjoying Alison and Donnies background fertility troubles storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please let Eve be lying about Delphine.

They need to bring Krystal into the full; Sestrahood, especially if she is going to get sick.
  • Options
    scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Wowsers. Orphan Black is back on great form now. I imagine Helena's frozen embryos will probably have a part to play in all this.
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    scardis wrote: »
    Wowsers. Orphan Black is back on great form now. I imagine Helena's frozen embryos will probably have a part to play in all this.

Yup, Great episode I thought, best of the series so far. No Alison tho :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The series keeps going from strength to strength. Cosima broke my heart in this episode. It was so, so good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with all of this. It actually felt like a season finale or the end of the show altogether. I wonder where they will go with the story now. I hope Cosima doesn't die though she probably will for the emotion :( . I am glad we got to see the end of Beth's story. I love Krystal. :D
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Strong season (particularly loving Donnie and Krystal!), cracking episode. But a bit of a schoolboy error on Team Clone's behalf not to keep some of Kendall's DNA (hair etc) or maybe they'll find some laying about.

Evie's (sp?) side don't know they didn't have any backed up, or their computer systems (if they didn't that's another schoolboy error for the cost of a 1TB hard drive!) and I'll have to watch again, but I don't think they even knew the samples were properly destroyed at Felix's.

Rather slapdash from both sides I must say! :D If the answer isn't the obvious 'find some of Kendall's hair or somesuch' then it's most likely to be Helena's 'dead' babies I think as they're in Alison's garden.

Still, great fun, superb acting etc as ever :) Great to conclude Beth's story, though I think they missed a trick not including her suicide scene.

I wonder who the next 'baddie you didn't know about' will be by the end of the series? :D

<edit> If they were indeed ridiculously stupid enough not to have backed up their computer data (which seems inconceivable the more you think about it!) I suppose there's still that copy on the hard drive they gave Evie, possibly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agree with all of this. It actually felt like a season finale or the end of the show altogether. I wonder where they will go with the story now. I hope Cosima doesn't die though she probably will for the emotion :( . I am glad we got to see the end of Beth's story. I love Krystal. :D

I don't think Cosima can die because she's the audience surrogate character, and they haven't established another :)
  • Options
    chocolategagachocolategaga Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    am wondering if the latest episode could be the closest, at least in orphan black, we will get to a filler episode.

That being said I did like how the events of last week caused sarah and cosima to question their choices & the guilt, tatiana nailing the performance as always (oh and little shout out to the people playing felix and mrs s, they were brilliant this week)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Absolute rubbish :(
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Well what a waste of an episode after last week, even Art's efforts came to nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    After last week's whirlwind of an episode, I don't mind that they put in one like this. Sarah had to deal with her stuff before the fight with Evie can really go on, and I loved the Cosima strand. Also enjoying Rachel's struggles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any time Alison does musical theatre, it's gold, Jerry, GOLD!

And take that Duko, you scumbag! Thank god he got Donny off the hook before S dealt with him.

Loved Cosima reminding Scotty that they are Mad Scientists too...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Any time Alison does musical theatre, it's gold, Jerry, GOLD!

And take that Duko, you scumbag! Thank god he got Donny off the hook before S dealt with him.

Loved Cosima reminding Scotty that they are Mad Scientists too...

Agreed :D:D:D Loved when Donnie was pronounced safe she got proper into it. Loved Sarah Stubbs too. That must have been fun to film. I was surprised, I thought the vicar was going to try it on with her but he didn't.

Tbh the Duko scenes should have lasted longer.
    Love Cosima and Scott when they are not fighting.

Am I the only one who sorta likes Rachel :blush::o I look forward to her and Sarah meeting again.

When Cosima mentioned embryos I thought they would finally use Helena's science babies but I can see why they are using Sarah.

I can't make my mind up about Susan. First I saw her as a creepy incestious villain but she seemed genuinely thrilled and proud of Cosima and more human.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A very very strong episode. As I wrote to a friend, whilst last week the narrative completely and utterly lost the plot and was the first episode of this show I wouldn't describe as 'brilliant' (apart from the slightly off transgender clone - Tony? - episode) and was about nothing more than mind control (which is a documented historical fact), this week was firmly back on track. Wow.

I don't know if I've missed it before but while the 'illuminati' and mind control stuff was just as obvious this week as usual, I've never noticed such a blatant and heavy-handed nod or two to satanism as I did this week. I may have to rewatch and start analysing this show a bit more heavily (starting with Rachel and the swans).

Anyway - that aside! - another amazing episode. Though they're all great, Donnie is the biggest star of the show apart from the lead imo. What a find that actor is, he's superb.

Shame about Duko - another solid character gone a bit too soon for me. I always like it when they have someone on their side working inside the system.

Negatives:

- everyone and their neighbour know where the clone club hang out, and so where to find Sarah and (until now) Cosima and often Alison. There's no reason for the same set as it's only used as background, so I think they missed a trick at some point (probably this episode) to panic and say 'shit, we need to decamp, NOW!' and then quickly do so. They missed the chance to up the panic stakes a little further for the sake of just a bit of screentime, and no doubt next time they'll still be chilling out there (again!).

- Evie's threat to wipe out all the clone club suddenly switched to just Sarah, and OK she's the 'action gal' but Cosima's the one who actually has any insight into the science that apparently Evie is threatened by, and none of the clones have 'disguise' access to her facilities as they have had in the past.

- Donnie is not yet out and Evie will expect to hear from Duko, so again it makes no sense that he was killed before at least making the call that Sarah had been dealt with. Another missed plothole.

- The hinted at (again) incest where Ira apparently was looking forward to impregnating Sarah (according to Rachel) but it's just her eggs on the way up north. Unless it was a needless dig at Ira from Rachel, but then it would have been out of nowhere, and is still pointless. But they do get these incest or semi-incest/inappropriate relationship (Tony and Felix, Sarah and Ira) references in where they can, and they always stick out as forced. That's obviously to help the programme complete the mind control spectrum for me, which makes me uncomfortable.

- Sarah dropped working on the clones apart from palliative medicine, but then jumps straight back into it - bit odd. Also she's dropped Ira (at least for now).

- I'm no scientist but if they have Ira and multiple Leda clones can't they just splice their DNA together to create 'original' stem cells? I presume all the clones came from the same batch (even the young one is) so that would seem more like backwards engineering than creating a new (again, incestuous) sperm and egg 'combo' which may produce different results :confused:

Anyway, my guess is:
    The eggs and sperm combo won't work for some reason - perhaps Sarah's eggs are no longer fertile - so they will have to fall back on Helena's buried 'babies' or - dare I say it - Ira and Rachel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re your spoiler tag- Rachel is infertile. Helena and Sarah are the only ones that we know of that are fertile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Re your spoiler tag- Rachel is infertile. Helena and Sarah are the only ones that we know of that are fertile.

Ah thanks, do you remember when that was revealed at all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    Ah thanks, do you remember when that was revealed at all?

Yep, in season 2, about episode 5 or 6. Leekie also reveals that it was by design that they are infertile.

I'm just doing a re-watch on Netflix, and watched that episode in the last couple of days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Yep, in season 2, about episode 5 or 6. Leekie also reveals that it was by design that they are infertile.

I'm just doing a re-watch on Netflix, and watched that episode in the last couple of days.

Many thanks :) Could he have been lying/ignorant from what you saw do you think?

Weird stuff about clones popping up everywhere I look!:

- On tuesday I was reading a newspaper from a few days before talking about the first clearance to mess about with cloned embryos (as if they haven't secretly been doing this for years but 'weird' this pops up now in the 'news').

- In the last few days I've been listening a bit to some Montauk 'revelations' from a misinformation agent posing as a 'truther' (imo) but that was on about clones in the supposed 80s program. Today I see a guy wearing a Montauk T-shirt for the first time in my life, which made me look twice!

- A friend's been watching Ab Fab and apparantly there's an episode where she was reminded of Orphan Black by Horricks' character...so she paused it to mention it to a family member who agreed. When they resumed she's organising an event and going through possible hosts, and once a couple have been suggested she screeches 'No! We'll have none of the other clones...I'm going to do it!'.

Weird stuff but interesting, for me :)