Matt Smith just Saved my Boyfriend!

KasphlamKasphlam Posts: 2,313
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know this isn't necessarily Dr Who news, but I'm eternally grateful so I'm posting it anyway. :D

My boyfriend was driving up to see me for my birthday today, and on the A12 he came into contact with oil and fell off his motorbike, skidding around 10ft and then coming to a standstill. When he woke up, Matt Smith and his friends were there moving his bike and making sure he was okay. They helped salvage everything and gave him a first aid check, and now he's fine and on his way home.

He said he was ever so helpful and we're both so grateful. He's really made my day and is now the best Doctor ever in my opinion. :D

Comments

• Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is that true ?
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't it be true? :rolleyes:

Anyway Kasphlam, glad to hear the boyfriend is okay and happy birthday :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The oil was obviously a loose part of the Nestene Consciousness that the Doctor was tracking down ;)
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    jimbo_bob wrote: »

Anyway Kasphlam, glad to hear the boyfriend is okay and happy birthday :)

You don't think that was just a crafty way to get us all to say Happy Birthday do you?

If so - it worked :)

Happy Birthday and glad your other half is safe and well.

Hopefully the bike didn't suffer too much.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt might be going to the V festival as it is this weekend, so it's possible it could be true.
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please reference the stop arguing thread. Why would you assume this girl was lying? It's a cool story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like the Doctor. Won't leave anyone in trouble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    This is brilliant, I believe every word of it.
    I'm not suggesting they should be merged, but I think this thread perfectly compliments :-
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1520297

Happy Birthday & glad your boyfriend is O.K., OP.

Does anyone else have stories of what great people we have in the TARDIS at the moment?
  • KasphlamKasphlam Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's 100% true don't worry. My birthday's next week anyway so. :D He was so excited to have met Matt Smith that all of his other troubles seemed to melt away bless his heart! But I have newfound ultra respect for the guy, he's made my birthday really!
  • bluebluecowbluebluecow Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats brilliant
    Forum Member
    Kasphlam wrote: »
    It's 100% true don't worry. My birthday's next week anyway so. :D He was so excited to have met Matt Smith that all of his other troubles seemed to melt away bless his heart! But I have newfound ultra respect for the guy, he's made my birthday really!

Is your birthday next Saturday - Let's Kill Hilter day?
  • mdoveymdovey Posts: 138
    Forum Member

That's stretching credibility too far - clearly a hoax; I don't believe Kasphlam really has a birthday!

Matthew
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    mdovey wrote: »
    That's stretching credibility too far - clearly a hoax; I don't believe Kasphlam really has a birthday!

Matthew

That makes perfect sense to me - Kasphlam's getting the Birthday celebrations out of the way early so she's got nothing to distract her on the 27th. :D
  • KasphlamKasphlam Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o Maybe, it's an even better reason to celebrate though!
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just remembered this :D
    Forum Member
    :o Maybe, it's an even better reason to celebrate though!

I just had a vision of you - throwing a party then telling everyone to shut up when DW starts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Glad your boyfriend is okay! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    Welcome to the internet.
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are so horribly cynical.

Lovely story! Your boyfriend was saved by The Doctor :D
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds a traumatic time for your boyfriend and all concerned, Kasphlam. Thankfully it all turned out well. I wouldn't be surprised if some tabloid hacks get in touch, they monitor forums for stories, and you can't get much better than this thread title.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    He said he was ever so helpful and we're both so grateful. He's really made my day and is now the best Doctor ever in my opinion. :D

*envy* :p Why has the Doctor never rescued me (apart from the fact I've no motorbike to fall off)? I've prayed to Santa Claus and everything. :) Glad no harm to boyfriend.
    bigheather wrote: »
    Sounds a traumatic time for your boyfriend and all concerned, Kasphlam. Thankfully it all turned out well. I wouldn't be surprised if some tabloid hacks get in touch, they monitor forums for stories, and you can't get much better than this thread title.

Well, I suppose they have to get stories from somewhere now that listening to voicemail is out of bounds. ;) But this is a nice little story. Hurrah for nice people who stop and help. Especially Doctor shaped ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    thats brill and I can totally believe that to be true, my other half and I are a tad envious but wouldn't want to be in a motorcycle crash, OH was in one a few years back (no-one came to help, grr) and has never really been able to get back on a bike ever since
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    Matt might be going to the V festival as it is this weekend, so it's possible it could be true.

He was definitely at V. Turns out I was standing right near him, judging by a picture a friend of mine got tagged in (friend wasn't there, he was tagged in it by one of his friends as he is a fan).

Wish I had seen him there!

So yes, this person's story is quite sure to be true!
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just remembered this :D

Sadly (or happily) enough, references to Hitler always make me think of that anyway. :o
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    El_Stevo wrote: »
    He was definitely at V. Turns out I was standing right near him, judging by a picture a friend of mine got tagged in (friend wasn't there, he was tagged in it by one of his friends as he is a fan).

Wish I had seen him there!

So yes, this person's story is quite sure to be true!

was just going to add that i had read he was at the V Festival, so it does tally up. Great story!:)