Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing Grace 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Perks of being a wallflower - I really enjoyed this, maybe it was because i could relate to the character of charlie so much. Thinking of borrowing the book from my sister just to see if its just as good.

8/10
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Seven Psychopaths (2012) 6/10
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enigma 2001 8/10 ....love the John Barry theme tune in this ...very haunting !
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunshine - 10/10

Danny Boyles best film imo. It's so good and if you don't mind sci-fi, give it a go.

Up in the Air - 8/10

I think its the only George Clooney film I've ever seen other than Batman. It was funny and quite sweet, and you really end up caring about the characters.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Savages - 7/10

Decent, but not good or interesting enough to justify its runtime.
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Serenity. I watched this film ages and ages ago and didn't really like it that much as it was confusing and the dialogue sound was awful. However, I hadn't seen the TV series Firefly on which the film was based and I think the film assumed the characters were already known to viewers. I've just started watching Firefly - three quarters of the way through the series - and decided to watch Serenity to see if I enjoyed it more. The film was much more enjoyable this time as I could understand what was going on and who the characters were - but the sound was still awful. To be honest the TV series is much better than the film ... as is often the case.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Till human voices wake us. 7/10.

Guy Pearce and Helena Bonham Carter.

Pretty good ghost/love story.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The Wild Bunch. A movie I never tire of watching. Sam Peckinpah at his peak and great performances from William Holden, Robert Ryan, Ernest Borgnine, Warren Oates, Ben Johnston and many familiar western character actors.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olympus has fallen

Jingoistic, cliché ridden, formulaic Die Hard Wannabee nonsense, I loved every minute of it! 8/10

Preferred it to any of the Die Hard sequels
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I finally got to watch Django, because they released it on blueray some time ago. 11/10 I'd say, 1 word: Awesome
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,165
    Forum Member
    The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - 9/10
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    Good Dick - I'd seen it before but watched it again the other night. Never seen a film like it, happy to deal with awkward issues without dramatising them .

The basic premise is a young man who falls in love/infactuation with a lonely young woman who is uninterested in relationships and especially sex. His efforts to get her to let her barriers down is a really good watch.

I wondered what sort of film this was for a moment.:eek::o
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Black Dahlia. Need to watch again before I can rate as I was baffled by some of it...mainly because I watched it over 2 sittings, 4 days apart...
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    The Midnight Meat Train

7/10 - very gory indeed (I didn't quite expect it to be that gory :o ) Sort of lost it's way in the end with a predictable finalé too. Vinny Jones played a good part considering he didn't speak in it.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Good Year 7.5/10
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under the Tuscan Sun. 8/10

Diane Lane

whimsical romantic comedy/drama..

Lovely film and the scenery was wonderful. Definitely made me want to go there for a holiday.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barry Munday [2010]. Director: Chris D'Arienzo

6/10

Moderately amusing romcom featuring a womaniser who's lost his testicles and a plain-looking one-night stand he managed to impregnate beforehand. Direct to video in the UK under the title Family Jewels.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bend it like Beckham. I could have sworn I'd seen it before, but it somehow seemed totally fresh. A bit contrived, but you'd have to have a heart of stone not to like it.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Premium Rush - 8/10

Ludicrous fun.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathology- very gory story ok, milo ventimigla apnt muchnof an actor though 6/10
  • J105J105 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pride and Glory.....Edward Norton/Colin Farrell.......8/10.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kung Fu Dunk
    Chinese comedy. Why do I even bother watching Kung Fu or Kung Fu inspired films? There are rare occasions when I find one that I actually like but normally I steer clear from this genre. Now, when a movie mixes basketball and kung fu, well I had to give it a shot, I knew it was going to be dumb when I read the synopsis. And I was right - but what the heck. There were some scenes in it that I did like. Would I recommend this to anyone else. Nope. Would I stop anyone from watching it? Nope. I'm sure there are Kung Fu fans who will enjoy this film. I give it a 1 out of 5. :D

Fortune Salon
    This South Korean romantic-comedy is about a girl who has to find her "destiny" soulmate before her 28th birthday. It should have been better. It could have been a "feel good" film but it was mostly "dullsville" thanks to the lead actress. She played her part so downbeat and disinterested that I couldn't even root for her happiness. On the positive side, the lead actor was good (I've seen him in a few films and always enjoyed his performances). And there were a few funny moments. I give it a 2 out of 5.

Both films are available on NETFLIX streaming.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The Croods: 4/5

Pretty standard story though spectacular visuals enliven this CGI comedy, I know its just a kids film but it was a bit sad in places :(
    Sometimes I wanted them to go darker, like have the dad and Guy sacrifice themseleves or something, and I thought "the world ending" thing was about the dinosaurs dying or something like that at first :confused:
This discussion has been closed.