EE The love of Shirleys life

soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
Forum Member
✭✭✭
so a few weeks ago, shirley was inconsolable cos King Phil was marrying Sharon and shot him.

now we are supposed to believe that Andy "Buster" Briggs is the love of her life, been having it away behind kev's back and if father of at laest two of her kids

so exactly who is supposed to be the love of her life. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

edit I actually think its worse than hollyoaks at least they leave a good time span before retconnng rather than a matter of weeks >:(

Comments

• 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    so a few weeks ago, shirley was inconsolable cos King Phil was marrying Sharon and shot him.

now we are supposed to believe that Andy "Buster" Briggs is the love of her life, been having it away behind kev's back and if father of at laest two of her kids

so exactly who is supposed to be the love of her life. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I don't think you're supposed to think about it. :D
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buster. They are so good together.:)
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    I don't think you're supposed to think about it. :D

possibly but if they want us to think about stories like who killed Lucy they should think more of their viewers and that they mght just be able to put two and two together.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bottle. The only thing Shirley has ever given a damn about.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    possibly but if they want us to think about stories like who killed Lucy they should think more of their viewers and that they mght just be able to put two and two together.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=osR1jctb47Y
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he is and that's the reason why she liked phil so much as he was a replacement for Buster? Might explain some of her craziness too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to like Shirley again, was convinced this Phurl crap was going to go on and on. But she is so much better when she's separated from Phil. Some character development at last! I don't think she will be in the gutter with her bottle much anymore!
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of makes sense actually... to me, anyway. Phil looks a bit like Buster as well. But really, if he's the one that got her preggers at such a young age and again when she was cheating on her husband - he might be the love of her life but she probably associates him with a lot of anguish.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shirley loves Phil but has never referred to him as the love of her life.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    chessie__x wrote: »
    Maybe he is and that's the reason why she liked phil so much as he was a replacement for Buster? Might explain some of her craziness too

Agreed.

I'm all for Buster and Shirley. They work so well together and Shirley is much better with him. She said she loved Phil, but not that he was the 'love of her life'. Karl H and Linda H work brilliantly together and Buster/Shirley seem so natural and believable as a couple.

Note to TPTB : Keep Shirley and Buster together. Love 'em.
  • BringBackZsaZsaBringBackZsaZsa Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Shirley's only fallen for three men. Buster, Phil and Kevin. Buster and Shirley have a sense of Carol and David or Pat and Frank about them which I find quite actually. So, yes, it's believable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley's only fallen for three men. Buster, Phil and Kevin. Buster and Shirley have a sense of Carol and David or Pat and Frank about them which I find quite actually. So, yes, it's believable.

What about Vinnie? She must have had more blokes over the years, it's certainly been implied. And there is Carly's dad, assuming he doesn't turn out to be Buster.
    Forum Member
    I think there is difference between being 'in love' with someone and someone being the 'love of your life'. The idea that she was in love with Phil because he reminded her of the love of her life is quite an interesting sentiment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The love of Phil's life is himself.

Some people say he's jealous of Buster. He might be but he definitely looked more pissed off to me. Its was like look at Shirley, she shoots me, and then comes swanning back with a new bloke, people must think I'm soft. :p
    Forum Member

Some people say he's jealous of Buster. He might be but he definitely looked more pissed off to me. Its was like look at Shirley, she shoots me, and then comes swanning back with a new bloke, people must think I'm soft. :p

I think he was a bit of both tbh. That little scene already showed the beginning of what could be a potentially brilliant rivalry. I hope Shirley has moved on though. Her and Buster make a good couple, I would like to see it last.

Haha! If he could, Phil would marry himself.^_^
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Phil would be happy with Buster being there. It puts a end to Shirley being obsessive over him. I am not sure Shir has movec on for good but it would be great if she did and left Phil alone.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I don't think Phil was jealous of Buster at all. I'm glad Phil and Shirley are over for good. When is Buster coming back? Want to see more of Buster and Shirley together.
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    I don't think Phil was jealous of Buster at all. I'm glad Phil and Shirley are over for good. When is Buster coming back? Want to see more of Buster and Shirley together.

I get the feeling that he doesn't like him very much though thus setting up a possible rivalry.
    I'm also glad that Phil and Shirley are over, romantically. I'm hoping Buster comes back soon, it would be good for him to be there for the reveals. I'd also like to see more of Buster and Shirley, they seems to have genuine affection for one another and I hope it stays that way. The square needs more strong couples.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »

Hopefully be back soon. Maybe in time for the reveal. He isn't just going to disappear. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I get the feeling that he doesn't like him very much though thus setting up a possible rivalry.
    I'm also glad that Phil and Shirley are over, romantically. I'm hoping Buster comes back soon, it would be good for him to be there for the reveals. I'd also like to see more of Buster and Shirley, they seems to have genuine affection for one another and I hope it stays that way. The square needs more strong couples.

The rivalry is going to be because they both want to own the square, rather than because of Shirley though. I think anyway.
    Forum Member
    The rivalry is going to be because they both want to own the square, rather than because of Shirley though. I think anyway.

I wasnt meaning to imply that it was about Shirley, I just meant that they have already got off on the wrong foot and that scene looked to me like a foreshadowing of their impending rivalry.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »

The Philth does not like anyone who dares to look at him as just another bloke rather than worshipping him as a living God. :D

I look forward to the feud even though TPTB will ensure that Buster will inevitably lose - no matter how preposterous the circumstances that they contrive for yet another Mitchell victory.
    Forum Member
    The Philth does not like anyone who dares to look at him as just another bloke rather than worshipping him as a living God. :D

I look forward to the feud even though TPTB will ensure that Buster will inevitably lose - no matter how preposterous the circumstances that they contrive for yet another Mitchell victory.

Haha! Very soon the whole square will bow in his presense and a shrine will be built on the square for him.:D

I am hoping Buster will be a decent contender for Phil, he is already better than the 'cardboard cut out' baddies we have had in the shape of Derek and Carl.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm being a bit slow as I've only just realised that Buster is the Karl Howman character we've been waiting for! I think he's brilliant - hope Shirl doesn't have to wait for him too long.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley loves whoever is buying her booze at that specific time.

Give her a bottle of voddy and she's anyone's.