Options

Blockbusters is coming back

2»

Comments

• Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    yes the BBc did a version with aspel for adults one of whom was the unknown stephen merchant
  • Options
    NonamooseNonamoose Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news :) Now bring back Fifteen to One Channel 4 :(

I agree! I loved Fifteen to One with the no nonsense William G Stewart :)

And whilst I would be extremely happy to watch Blockbusters again - please God no to Vernon Kay :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I started a thread so go check it out it is called blockbusters is returning I think.
    It is returning to Challenge TV and they need contestants so go to there website and sign up to be one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Everyone it isnt returning to ITV so dont expect Vernon Kay to host it. Blockbusters will be on Challenge TV and they said that they need some contestants so fill out there form. Just expect it to be one of them boring hosts like the Scrabble TV ones.
    If you don't think I'm true then go to challenge TV's official website
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK I now know that it is returning to ITV. Challenge TV said it was returning to them. I predict that it will either be on Tuesdays at 8pm to fill up there Tuesday Gameshow slot or on Saturdays at 8pm
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    It is returning to Challenge not ITV.

Challenge anounced a couple of months back that they planned to revive a teatime classic, everybody at the time know it was Blockbusters it took them to this week to confirm.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going to be called: Vernon Kay's All Star Blockbusters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bannanaman Thank you for helping me tell people about it. It will not be on ITV So Vernon Kay will not host it. Challenge TV Also said that they needed contestants so fill out there form so everybody it will be on Challenge TV and not ITV. Challenge Has Bought Blockbusters Rights
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bannanaman Thank you for helping me tell people about it. It will not be on ITV So Vernon Kay will not host it. Challenge TV Also said that they needed contestants so fill out there form so everybody it will be on Challenge TV and not ITV. Challenge Has Bought Blockbusters Rights

I never realised it was a competition to see who starts a thread first, seems odd you had to start TWO new threads on this after I started one:eek:
    Still each to their own.
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats interesting
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Have you ever wanted to complete a Gold Run? Do you think you could stand the pressure on the Hot Spot? TalkbackTHAMES is on the lookout for contestants to take part in a brand new series of the popular TV quiz show 'Blockbusters' for Challenge TV.

Yep, now on Challenge's website, they're actively inviting people to take part in the new series of Blockbusters. As mentioned above, it's for over 18s only and the application form can be downloaded from this website here: http://www.challenge.co.uk/news/tv-quiz-show-blockbusters-is-back.html

They'll be conducting auditions in quite a few places in the UK including London, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Belfast, Manchester, Birmingham, etc. I suspect that they'll be weeding out those with criminal convictions though as that does tend to generate negative publicity in the tabloid press once the news gets out. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Oh god i sincerely hope not.....

Got well past its sell by date.....
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to be over 18 so its not a student show then anymore they are going to ruin it you can just tell.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Can i have a P please Bob :D
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently they recorded 81 shows in a WEEK for this :eek::eek:
    Look out for the matchsticks keeping Simon Mayo's eyes open for the last few programmes :cool:
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    I have heard only good things about this from people that went to the recordings.